Help - I need idea's for my boyfriends birthday surprise!

disney 1st timer

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I are staying at CBR in September for 2 weeks to celebrate his 30th birthday. :bday:

My b/f's been to WDW once before - quite some time ago, but this is my first time, and I am SOOO excited, I can't wait. :banana:

On the evening of his birthday I want to do something really special. Can anyone recommend any nice, romantic restaurants with good food and or nice views? :love:

Or is it possible to hire a boat to go out onto a lake and watch the fireworks? :boat:

I want to make the evening really special so really would welcome all suggestions and tales of your own experiences. If anyone has any other tips for me that'd be cool too. Is there a preferred area within CBR I should ask to be placed in? Maybe if I mention it's my b/f's birthday they will try and be more accomodating and make a fuss of him.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Call CRO (or whoever you made the reservations with) and let them know about your boyfriends birthday. I did this for my BIL one year and there was a cake and balloons in their room when they arrived. Another year I was at WDW a week before my nephews birthday. I contacted guest relations and they sent up a picture of Mickey saying Happy Birthday from Mickey.

As far as something romantic, I think it will all depend on how much $$ you want to spend. Here's some suggestions:

1. Dinner at the California Grill, then watching Wishes from their private balcony.$$$
2. Dinner at O'hana's at the Polynesian, then head out to the beach (Tahiti's beach is more private) and watch Wishes from a hammock. $$
3. You can do a cruise to view either Wishes at the Magic Kingdom or Illuminations from EPCOT.$$$
4. Dinner at Cindy's in the Magic Kingdom, then watch Wishes from Cindy's rose garden.$$
5. Dinner at the Rose & Crown (make the ps for 7:15-7:45pm for the 9pm show). Make sure to mention that it is his birthday. Check in early, request a patio table, mention his birthday again, then tell them you would not mind waiting for a patio table. This way you can enjoy a great dinner, then relax and enjoy Illuminations over dessert.
6. Finally, you can rent the yacht at the Grand Floridian to view Wishes.$$$$$

Here's some recommendations for a great meal:

Lunch:
1. 50's Primetime Cafe
2. Crystal Palace
3. Tusker House

Dinner:
1. California Grill
2. Le Cellier
3. Rose & Crown
4. Cindy's
5. O'Hana's
6. Spoodles

you can the fireworks from a boat - except to pay anywhere from $125 to $250 for that.

go over on the theme parks boards. at the top is a link that has people who have a fireworks cruise and want to share. (it is much cheaper to share between 10 and 12 people - the maximum for the boats)

you can order a birthday cake
disney speciality dinning (cakes
1-407-824-7091

when you make the reservation for dinner and when you arrive make sure to tell the food server you are celebrating a birthday. He will get a small cake (really a cupcake)

LOL...yesterday I thought I was the first responder to your post...I wrote (or I thought I wrote) a lengthy response giving you links and suggestions. I wonder where that post went!

Oh well...if I get a chance, I'll try to compose it again.

Jo

at the MK go to city hall (next to the character meet and greet).

at Epcot I think it is guest services - over on the left side behind Spaceship earth.

don't know at AK or Studios - I guess their guest services????

The only different suggestions I made were:

Victoria & Albert's...hefty price, hefty tip...elegantly served, outstanding, delicious, five course meal, with or without wine pairings...truly memorable occasion.

Check out all the Disney dining options with their prices at:

http://allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

As for a birthday cruise...you want the time to coincide with either Illuminations or Wishes...and I don't know if you can even book one at this late date...but if not, as another poster suggested, you might look into a sticky thread about this at the top of this (Singles & Adult Travelers) forum to possibly share one.

I offered to be an accomplice in making something magical happen, for instance, if you need someone to drop a shoe with a note in it in your path at MK, instructing you to report to Cinderella's Round Table...lol...how freaked out would DBF be if that happened? Anyway, I'm an incurable romantic and am at Disney for an extended stay, the first two weeks of which are from September 16 to September 30 at FF Bonnet Creek (the next resort over from CBR).

Let me know if you need a slightly rotund, middle-aged "actress" ( I'm built like the Fairy Godmother) to help totally mystify DBF! Lol

There are many romantic dinners available besides the really pricy V&A's...depends on what you would like to spend...and whether you're planning on coming back soon or not at all.

Thanks Spiceycat & Ozymoe!! Great suggestions. I didn't think anyone would reply to my post and have been so pleasantly surprised. :cheer2:

I would take you up on your offer Ozymoe but his birthday's before you arrive - I'm sure you'll get your acting debut yet!

The Angel Inn looks romantic and nice and I can see some good reviews on it in terms of good service, food and scenery. It looks romantic yet cool at the same time. Anyone been?

Having thought about this over the last few days I am now thinking the plan as follows - wake up, open cards and pressies in the hotel, then take b/f off for a surprise character breakfast. (any suggestions of which will be the best peeps?) Will arrange for some birthday balloons to be delivered to the room on the day. (I am sure some stores outside disney will do this and have seen one or two websites that look good). Off out for the day via guest services at Epcot to pick up his badge. That way everyone should make a fuss of b/f for the rest of the day!! Around the parks or whatever b/f wants to do. Then pm off for dinner somewhere nice after watching illuminations (may still do the boat thing - pirate: will call today or tomorrow to fins out if it's full!). After dinner onto a club !

We're going to need a lie in the nex day!! :Pinkbounc

PS - What's DBF mean?

disney 1st timer said:
PS - What's DBF mean?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

DBF = Dear Boy Friend!

...and my acting debut took place 51 years ago... :rotfl2: Too bad I couldn't help...I would so have enjoyed sprinkling pixie dust :wizard: :goodvibes

Another idea would be to go and watch Cirque Du Soleil La Nouba before dinner. I haven't seen it yet myself but saw a touring Cirque Du Soliel show in the UK and it was fantastic! I can't wait to see La Nouba when we visit WDW next year, even my fiancee is hooked. It's not like a normal circus performance you really will be wowed.
:Pinkbounc

So wait a minute... they do the birthday buttons and extra stuff for adults too. I thought that was just for the kids. Someone please enlighten me because it will be my 32nd b.d. while we are there in Oct. I don't want to miss out on any of the magic. Thanks. :cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter