Help. I have lots of last minute questions

looking4themouse2

Mouseketeer
Ok so I have some questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I'm about a month out at this point and while certainly not my first Disney trip I have planned a lot of first.
The first question I have is about Disney floral and gifts I mean is it worth it? I've been considering having a little treat for my DD3 and my friends DS7 in the room waiting for them when we check in. It's my DD's birthday celebration. I was thinking of having a bag for each some mouse ears and autograph books, pens and a plush for each. Am I better off waiting until I get into the parks? Not sure how this even works it's a first for me.
My second question is about package deliveries from the parks. Do they go straight to your room, or just to the resort? I was planning on getting DD a princess costume to wear on her actual birthday but if she got it beforehand she would want to wear it everyday lol. So I was thinking of just having it delivered the night before I needed it, also I think I read somewhere that it can take time to get it with resort delivery, how far in advance should I try to get it if that's the case?
My last question is about the refillable mugs and what non carbonated choices there are both kids are pretty picky and I'm wondering if I should order some stuff from garden grocer? Thanks so much guys

The things you buy go to the resort, and when we went they didn't promise they would be there by a certain day or time, it was a span (like in the next 24-48 hours), so I don't know that I would do it for something ypu needed on a specific day/time. Princess dresses are a whole lot cheaper bought from elsewhere...maybe you could buy one in advance and just keep it packed/hidden until you want it?
For drinks I know when we last went in September there was powerade, lemonade, fruit punch and tea for non carbonated. I may be forgetting something there, those are the ones my kids like.

We were the lucky recipients of some very lovely gifts that were delivered to our room by Disney Floral, when we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort.

We walked in around 11:30 pm, after a very full day at the parks, and there were balloons, a birthday cake for my husband, a Donald Duck backpack for my son with a beach towel sticking out, a Minnie Mouse wearing a necklace for my daughter..... AND...a dog bowl for our dog back home!

My sister in law ordered the cake and balloons for my husband ....the rest was a mystery. Honest! My SIL ONLY ordered the cake and balloons!! Our Mousekeeping staff had been super sweet to us, and we asked the main lady who had been in each day, and she smiled, looked slyly out of the corner of her eye, and simply said, "Have a magical day!"

Now, how they knew we had a dog back home is beyond me! But we were all nearly in tears at the generosity and surprise that night!!

We were the lucky recipients of some very lovely gifts that were delivered to our room by Disney Floral, when we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort.

We walked in around 11:30 pm, after a very full day at the parks, and there were balloons, a birthday cake for my husband, a Donald Duck backpack for my son with a beach towel sticking out, a Minnie Mouse wearing a necklace for my daughter..... AND...a dog bowl for our dog back home!

My sister in law ordered the cake and balloons for my husband ....the rest was a mystery. Honest! My SIL ONLY ordered the cake and balloons!! Our Mousekeeping staff had been super sweet to us, and we asked the main lady who had been in each day, and she smiled, looked slyly out of the corner of her eye, and simply said, "Have a magical day!"

Now, how they knew we had a dog back home is beyond me! But we were all nearly in tears at the generosity and surprise that night!!
Ohh that's so cool. I love a bit of pixie dust❤

Ok so I have some questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I'm about a month out at this point and while certainly not my first Disney trip I have planned a lot of first.
The first question I have is about Disney floral and gifts I mean is it worth it? I've been considering having a little treat for my DD3 and my friends DS7 in the room waiting for them when we check in. It's my DD's birthday celebration. I was thinking of having a bag for each some mouse ears and autograph books, pens and a plush for each. Am I better off waiting until I get into the parks? Not sure how this even works it's a first for me.
My second question is about package deliveries from the parks. Do they go straight to your room, or just to the resort? I was planning on getting DD a princess costume to wear on her actual birthday but if she got it beforehand she would want to wear it everyday lol. So I was thinking of just having it delivered the night before I needed it, also I think I read somewhere that it can take time to get it with resort delivery, how far in advance should I try to get it if that's the case?
My last question is about the refillable mugs and what non carbonated choices there are both kids are pretty picky and I'm wondering if I should order some stuff from garden grocer? Thanks so much guys

• Disney Floral is great and they can create some fantastic bags. For our family, we took sharpie pens in different colors & let the kids choose their own plushies, hats/ears (whatever they wanted) and autograph books. I just thought the option of letting them choose VS the cost of Disney Floral was a better option for us.
  • We have packages delivered to the resorts and usually order with enough time to have the package waiting for us when we arrive. We mark the label "hold for John Doe's arrival" All the packages usually go to bell services. I do think that the Amazon Prime Fresh (not pantry) goes through the front desk, at least ours did. You will pay $5 to the resort for any package delivered, not Garden Grocer.
  • I am not sure if all the resort drink choices are the same, but POR has light lemonade & pomegranate/blueberry vitamin water (tastes a lot like juice). Also, if you are on the dining plan, of course you can select any of the bottled juices in the cases as their drink (apple, orange, cranberry etc.)

Hope this helps...

Side note: of you are looking for something that might be different than autograph books you can get a 5 by 7 or 8 by 10 wide mat for a picture frame (they slide easily in a bag for toting) and use this for the autographs. When the trip is over, stick a picture and mat in a frame with a fav picture from the trip. Would be a fun birthday memory! Also, remember to ask for a Birthday celebration button & note all your ADR's.

• Disney Floral is great and they can create some fantastic bags. For our family, we took sharpie pens in different colors & let the kids choose their own plushies, hats/ears (whatever they wanted) and autograph books. I just thought the option of letting them choose VS the cost of Disney Floral was a better option for us.
  • We have packages delivered to the resorts and usually order with enough time to have the package waiting for us when we arrive. We mark the label "hold for John Doe's arrival" All the packages usually go to bell services. I do think that the Amazon Prime Fresh (not pantry) goes through the front desk, at least ours did. You will pay $5 to the resort for any package delivered, not Garden Grocer.
  • I am not sure if all the resort drink choices are the same, but POR has light lemonade & pomegranate/blueberry vitamin water (tastes a lot like juice). Also, if you are on the dining plan, of course you can select any of the bottled juices in the cases as their drink (apple, orange, cranberry etc.)
Hope this helps...

Side note: of you are looking for something that might be different than autograph books you can get a 5 by 7 or 8 by 10 wide mat for a picture frame (they slide easily in a bag for toting) and use this for the autographs. When the trip is over, stick a picture and mat in a frame with a fav picture from the trip. Would be a fun birthday memory! Also, remember to ask for a Birthday celebration button & note all your ADR's.
I knew about the birthday button I had my TA make a note of it, but not sure how to note all my ADR's. It is especially important for my PF night as I plan on ordering the slipper desert for this particular ADR.

Hope this helps...

I also love the idea of a photo mat it would be really cool to get Anna and Elsa signatures on a seperate mat for her as they are her favorite at the moment. The delivery info I am actually looking for is a park delivery- I have been considering buying a princess dress in the park and having it delivered to my resort.

I knew about the birthday button I had my TA make a note of it, but not sure how to note all my ADR's. It is especially important for my PF night as I plan on ordering the slipper desert for this particular ADR.
You can call Disney Dining and let them know or simply let them know when you are checking in at each location for your ADR's. I would recommend you asking if they do something special for birthdays. About half of our ADR's brought out cupcakes for our anniversary, the others just made notes & servers were very kind with best wishes. Best not to assume and just mention that it is especially important night to your family.

As for buying the dress in the park, usually packages are at your resort the next day. We had no issues getting our things within 24 hours.

I also love the idea of a photo mat it would be really cool to get Anna and Elsa signatures on a seperate mat for her as they are her favorite at the moment. The delivery info I am actually looking for is a park delivery- I have been considering buying a princess dress in the park and having it delivered to my resort.

Delivery from parks to resorts takes between 24 and 48 hours. It will be delivered to the resort gift shop and you would pick it up there.

I do entirely agree with pp that it would be way less expensive to bring a dress and hide it from her. Check out the local disney store as they often have sales.

Delivery from parks to resorts takes between 24 and 48 hours. It will be delivered to the resort gift shop and you would pick it up there.

I do entirely agree with pp that it would be way less expensive to bring a dress and hide it from her. Check out the local disney store as they often have sales.
I hadn't thought of the Disney store that's a good idea. I have looked locally for something similar but The quality difference is substantial. My other question is where to hide it? I mean before the trip I could simply put it in the suitcase or closet with a trash bag over it, but once we got there I think the garbage bag might be too much of a temptation for the kids and I would want to hang it.

If you can't hide a dress from a three year old... I would have it concealed in a plastic bag or wrapped in paper and leave it in my suitcase after everything else is unpacked. I have NEVER had to worry about my kids looking through the unpacked suitcase.
If you must hang it, you could easily hang it inside a plastic bag or inside another outfit. I don't know too many three year olds who can reach something like that hanging in the closet.

If you do buy it while at the parks, it will be delivered to the gift shop for you to pick up whenever you want. So, buy it your first day and pick it up your third day or whatever works for you.

Either way, it will be a cool surprise. :love:

If you want delivery of packages from the parks to your resort, you must be staying at least 2 more days to have it delivered. Keep this in mind if you are buying things the second to the last day or the last day you are there. You can have those items sent to the gate and you can pick them up when you leave the parks at the end of the day.

Refillable mugs only work at the resorts and are not transferable into the parks. You can bring them but you can't fill them there. Disney is a Coke company so Gold Peak IceTea, Minute Maid light lemonade, water, hot tea and coffee are your options.
I just recently bought cold brew tea bags at the Twinning's store in Epcot. They are my new favorite thing in the world as I just kept those in my pocket and got free ice water at the quick service locations, popped in a tea bag and I was good to go.

If you can't hide a dress from a three year old... I would have it concealed in a plastic bag or wrapped in paper and leave it in my suitcase after everything else is unpacked. I have NEVER had to worry about my kids looking through the unpacked suitcase.
If you must hang it, you could easily hang it inside a plastic bag or inside another outfit. I don't know too many three year olds who can reach something like that hanging in the closet.

If you do buy it while at the parks, it will be delivered to the gift shop for you to pick up whenever you want. So, buy it your first day and pick it up your third day or whatever works for you.

Either way, it will be a cool surprise. :love:
I'm not as worried about the DD as I am the friend's DD7. He might get curious and accidentally/purposely rip the bag. I'm really excited about the surprise for her I've been planning it for months and months!!!:bday:

I'm not as worried about the DD as I am the friend's DD7. He might get curious and accidentally/purposely rip the bag. I'm really excited about the surprise for her I've been planning it for months and months!!!:bday:

Consider making him an accomplice. My son reveled in the idea of being my helper once he figured out about Santa but his sister still believed. Maybe he can giver her part of the outfit on her birthday if he helps keep the secret.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter