• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help for a total newbie

Ryan Rosevear

NEWBIE NEEDS HELP
Absolutely zero experience with the DCL here.
I would like to get some thoughts on whether at 3.5 years old, my daughter would be 'too young' for a DCL. We also have a 5 year old boy, but I'm less concerned with him. Appreciate any insight.

I think perfect ages. At age 3, the child can go to the kids clubs if potty trained. The younger kids really seem to enjoy the Disney Magic. I have taken my kids that young and have the best memories.

Thanks
Second question - I believe there is a room option that for not much more money we can get an additional 30 square feet or something. Would that be worth it? 2 adults and the 2 kiddos.

Yes, DGS taken at age 3 and he wants to go again, so badly.
Always, have your camera out and ready cause unexpected things (magical) happen.
My DGS was so wanting to meet Capt Hook, then when his chance meeting came up he was so scared that he would not even get close.
Now he wants to go back so that he can actually meet him.

Is $5,700 a reasonable price for a cruise April 21st – 28th 2018 which goes to the British Virgin Islands, St. Thomas/St. John. 2 kids/2 adults in the lowest grade room available.

Reasonableness is in the eye of the beholder. But for a 7 night during what it probably Spring Break, it isn't horrible.

DS went on a cruise (not Disney) at 3 and absolutely loved it. That was two years ago and he still talks about it. It's unpredictable whether they'll want to stay in the kids club, but that's true at any age.

with 4 people the split bath option "deluxe" room is really nice as you get 2 sinks. I think that's a good price... my "goal" is under $200 per night per person, so your $5700 is right on with my $5600 goal price.

My daughter was 2 her first cruise. She had a blast. Just finished our 5th trip ( she is 15 now). She is still enjoying herself.
Seeing Characters everywhere, The beauty of the ship, All the activities, Pool, Shows, Dinners, with a zillion photo opportunities and Kids clubs to boot.
She probably will not remember everything but I found my memories of her enjoying herself are priceless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter