Help decide...Oct 06 or Jan 07?

ACDSNY

Let the countdown begin!
I can't believe I'm already starting to plan the next trip. What are the crowds like in January? I'm trying to decide on a time between end of Oct 06 - Jan 07.

Our family has loved visiting in January--NO crowds, NO lines!

On the other hand, I believe fewer attractions are likely to be closed in October and the weather has been warmer when we've gone. We've sometimes been quite chilly in January, but have always been able to swim in October.

October was wonderful - and the crownds weren't bad at all! Still hot enough to swim, F & W festival at EPCOT.... but January would be empty!!!! And no rain, and no heat.......

It's so hard to decide. :confused3 We're taking a few newbies with us so do we go in Oct for F&W and MNSSHP or do we go when the airfare is a little cheaper in Jan?

We've only been to WDW 3 times and always in Oct. :rolleyes: so I don't think we're a good judge of the best time.

We like low crowds. How was the last week of Oct this year? I was thinking about trying 10/28/06 - 11/06/06.

We just went the last week of October and the crowds were fine. We did have to use FastPass on a few of the major attractions, but we were able to see and do everything we wanted to. Weather was perfect in spite of the fact that Wilma had just gone through the day before our arrival.

I went in Jan 04 an Oct 04. The crowds were great both times. I don't think you could go wrong with either date. However, MNSSHP is a blast and because of that I'd suggest October.

I already have a one-bedroom reserved for October 2006, and planning WDW December 2006 and Disneyland Resort Paris in June 2007.

I'll also jump in and vote for October/November, because of the Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP.

I have not been in Jan, but have made a trip two of the last three Oct. and April 02. I am getting ready to set up to go again Oct 06. We have three young boys who really love the MNSHP (Halloween Party). We discussed it, should we look at another time of year and we decided no we love Oct. We do get a short school break in Oct just before Halloween. So that means less time out of school.

I am not a hot weather person and really enjoy Oct weather. Jan should be cooler than Oct maybe too cold to swim?

Note this trip we did have one very crowded day at Magic Kingdom. We went on Sat before Halloween. It was the only day in that week that had normal hours as the park had been closing early due to MNSHP. We thought boy we are glad we don’t go in the summer or other busy times.
My wife and mother in law went to FOOD & WINE and loved it!!!

Note the hurricane season is still active in Oct so read up on that.

We love Oct at Disney

:cool1:

We have traveled to WDW twice in January, and if you are looking for cooler weather (60s-70 day and 50s night) and virtually no crowds, you will like January. We have encountered, however, that some attractions are closed for refurbishment and one or two nights it was downright cold. We had to use our hats and gloves from our travel from home because it was in the upper 30s and very windy.

After reading all of the replies, you probably on't go wrong with either time. Enjoy!! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter