Help!! Considering downgrading our tickets and adding them at check in

Blessedwithboys

Mouseketeer
Hey all!! First Disney trip coming up and my 45 day mark is Aug 6th. Due to some other financial requirements I still have a couple hundred to pay off on the vacation and I am not sure it is going to happen until the end of the month :( Canceling over 400 bucks is not worth it esp because we would loose 850 in flights :)

SO a CM told me I could bump my park tickets down to like a 4 day and add 3 days on when I check in. does this REALLY work, do you get the reoccurring day price anyone have any experience, is it a hassle?
Thanks yall!

Blessedwithboys said:
Hey all!! First Disney trip coming up and my 45 day mark is Aug 6th. Due to some other financial requirements I still have a couple hundred to pay off on the vacation and I am not sure it is going to happen until the end of the month :( Canceling over 400 bucks is not worth it esp because we would loose 850 in flights :)

SO a CM told me I could bump my park tickets down to like a 4 day and add 3 days on when I check in. does this REALLY work, do you get the reoccurring day price anyone have any experience, is it a hassle?
Thanks yall!

Yes. You will pay the same to add the days. I would use them to enter a park first and just do it at guest relations at the park.

Not sure how much you need to make up but it will be about $30 per ticket.

You can add days at any point during your trip as long as you are within 14 days of first use. And you can add more then once. I did the same thing, we started with 4 days and then added more, was not sure how many days we will be in parks and did not want to waste money. Those who has name on tickets like you, can add days when you used all days, those without name have to add while there is still at least one day left.

If you have a paid dining plan, you can reduce your tickets to one day base tickets. If you have free dining, you can reduce your tickets to two day base tickets. Disney has no higher ticket requirement than this for packages.

After arrival and check-in, use your tickets once through a park turnstile, then do your upgrade. You can do it right as you enter the park. There is a guest services facility there. Or, you can add your upgrades later, either at a guest services facility, a ticket booth, or at the resort. You can add days to your tickets up to a maximum of 10 days. You can add PH $57, or WP $57, or a combo PH/WP $79. You can also add no-expire.

Here is a price chart, so you can calculate your ticket reduction to support your current budget: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33009006&postcount=18

if you have hoppers or water parks or non -expiring tickets on your tickets you could drop that and will bring your price way down. all resorts have nice pools and hoppers can waste a lot of travel time.

They'll also allow you to go past the 45 day mark. At least they let me. I called them and explained my situation around the 55 day mark, and was told to call at 45 days, pay whatever I could, and explain things again. She also told me I should be ok considering I had paid off over 2/3 of the trip already.

So I followed her advice. I was told I would receive an email, which I did, stating the trip could be cancelled if I didn't pay by 30 days. I ended up paying it off by day 35, and all is well. Good luck!

:goodvibes

They'll also allow you to go past the 45 day mark. At least they let me. I called them and explained my situation around the 55 day mark, and was told to call at 45 days, pay whatever I could, and explain things again. She also told me I should be ok considering I had paid off over 2/3 of the trip already.

So I followed her advice. I was told I would receive an email, which I did, stating the trip could be cancelled if I didn't pay by 30 days. I ended up paying it off by day 35, and all is well. Good luck!

:goodvibes

Thank you so much for the info the trip is all paid but a couple hundred dollars so maybe they will let me delay!! If not good to know ticket downgrade is a real option

I would also check your tickets. If you booked online, perhaps even on the phone. It's easy to get charged for things you didn't want or need.. Like a hopper ticket, water park etc... That could also bring down your cost.

Make sure they arent charing you for a premium room (water view). My vaction went down a few hundred when i noticed that fee and called to be switched into a regular room

Thank you so much for the info the trip is all paid but a couple hundred dollars so maybe they will let me delay!! If not good to know ticket downgrade is a real option

No problem! Your best bet is to call them now and tell them you will have the money by x-date, and would it be ok if your paid then? I found them to be quite helpful when I put it in those terms, and since you've paid most of it off already I think you'll be fine. Just talk to them first.

Thanks yall!

I always do this... book the very minimum in terms of tickets and then upgrade when we arrive. It's not a hassle at all, just upgrade at check-in and have them charged to your room. Pay it off when you leave.

You can do the same with the dining plan (if it's not free). Just add it at check-in.

The only problem I've found is if you are using your Disney VISA to get the 6 months financing. The upgrade charges go onto your room charges and then they aren't part of the 6 month package deal. So, I don't recommend doing it in that scenario.

You could knock it down even lower than four days, I think. If you have free dining, I think you have to have two day tickets? You could drop everyone to two days and pay the upgrade when you get there. You don't lose anything at all that way.

Keep in mind that if your tickets were booked before the ticket increase that you are going to end up paying more for your tickets now when you upgrade.

If it is the only way you can do then downgrade your tickets. Otherwise I would try to find someother way to come up with the difference to avoid paying more for the tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter