help-broken foot-need golf cart rental

disfanRN

Grand Marshalls March 2005!
Just returned from the hospital-I fractured my foot and we leave for Fort wilderness in 3 days. Called for golf cart rental and no luck, the waiting list is 100 people long they said. Does anyone know where we can rent one around there???? Please help.

No idea, but you might want to look into renting an ECV instead. You could use that all over (parks, etc), rather than a golf cart which would just be useful in Fort Wilderness.
There is information about renting ECVs in the disABILITIES FAQs thread near the top of this board.

I responded to this question on the Community Board with a possibility, letting you know here in case you do'nt see it there.

Anne

You might also want to consider renting an EVC.

I would suggest that that if you decide to use an EVC you should rent the EVC (Electric scooter) from an offsite company.
I have limited mobility and have rented mine from Care Medical (800-741-2282) and Walker Mobility (888-726-6837) in the past. I would recommend either one. The cost is about $30 a day. The ones at the parks cost $35 a day and are bigger and have 4 wheels kinda like a golf cart. They are much harder to steer and to control. If you rents from an offsite rental they will deliver the EVC to bell services at the resort. then it can used to go to the pool, and get around the resort as well as the bus stop.
Almost all the Disney buses are accessible. I love using my EVC it gives me more independence and helps keep my pain to a minimum.

I always use Disney transportation.
When you go to the bus stop the WC/EVC line is to the left of the regular line since the WC/EVC lift is located at the back door of the bus. Be sure to wait there with your family.The WC/EVC's are loaded first for safety reasons.
The rest of your family will enter through the rear door Then the bus driver will close that door and open the front door so the rest of the guests can board.

Disney started mainstreaming most of their lines in the late 1990's. Those in WC/EVC will usually enter in the regular line. You will be able to stay in the EVC until just before boarding most of the time.
Sometimes the WC/EVC may be pulled from the mainstream line part way down so they can board the ride in an
Accessible area. EVC's can't climb steps so sometimes they need to take an elevator. Or they may need to board a ride where the riders usually exit in case
they need an accessible vehicle or need the moving sidewalk slowed or stopped so they can board.
You can pickup a book for Guests with disabilities at Guest Services or you download a copy of the book which is posted on the disABILITIES board.

Have fun at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter