• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Boardwalk Area Restaurant?

mm6mm6

DIS Veteran & Disney Nut
There was a post here a long time ago about a restaurant in the Boardwalk area. If I remember correctly, it was some kind of African Safari theme where some of the patrons are actually actors who get guests to participate in club initiations and stuff?

Am I nuts?

Can anyone tell me what the name of this restaurant is???

I'd really like to go there in June!

Thanks in advance fellow DisBoarders!!!

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Sounds like your stories are blending together! I think you're referring to the Adventurers Club, which is located in Pleasure Island. They have a bar, but I don't think they serve food.

Bob

I remember that place! We went there in 1996. It was located inside the Dolphin (or maybe the Swan) hotel. It was Harry's Safari Bar and Grill. Hmmm it had Harry in it. We only had 3 in our party and the server put a stuffed gorilla in the 3rd chair.

Can anyone else be the tiebreaker?

Are there restaurants in the "Boardwalk" area?

Has anyone else been there and can let us all know which it is?

-Steve

Steve,

You ARE thinking of the Adventurer's Club! It is not at Boardwalk but in Pleasure Island. No food, though. Be sure to go downstairs, because "nothing ever happens upstairs." Shows are continuous in the library and get progressively off color as the night and drinks progress. Like nothing else in the world, this club! I go every time I am at Disney. I love to bring my unsuspecting friends here and strategically place them in the audience where I know they'll be picked on!

Kungaloosh!

Graves' secret admirer

Ok, let's see if this can muddle things even more. According to the 1998 version of Rita Aero's "Walt Disney World for Adults", Harry's Safari Bar and Grille was located in the Walt Disney World Dolphin resort. Here is her description, "Tropical murals and tiger-striped carpets impart an international jungle-explorer flavor to the civilized dining experience here." I don't think it exists anymore.

Like an above poster, I believe you are thinking about the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island. That is where the "actor/characters" mingle with the audience, initiate you into the club and perform various acts in several different rooms. I was just there last weekend and had a blast!

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter