Hello...LIVE from 30,000 ft above the Atlantic

Great pics. Only problem is, now Karen & Matt will want to go more than ever.

Funnily enough....I have all the HP films on Bluray but have never watched them, even so, it is still amazing.. We had a bunch of young fanatical girls behind us, waiting for the ride...........more about that in the next post :lmao:

wow!!!! the new HP stuff looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you have any pictures from inside the train?

by the way, do they have anything knew to eat/ drink (like butterbeer) for the new area?

I took mainly video in the train as it was a brilliant piece of CGI.
I have a link that I will sort for you, that covers it a video

Back in today.....will report back on the food etc :thumbsup2

Wow the details amazing :cool2::cool2::cool2: really cool pics :)

Thanks......pics still,do,not do it justice :goodvibes

Funnily enough....I have all the HP films on Bluray but have never watched them, even so, it is still amazing.. We had a bunch of young fanatical girls behind us, waiting for the ride...........more about that in the next post :lmao:

I watched the first movie(possibly 2nd) and got bored with it, Matt & Karen have read the books & watched the movies, last summer they went down to HP world in London, not my thing at all.
Matt is trying to get press tickets for Universal in Sept, usually press only get 2 tickets so I suspect I will do something else, can't see me paying to go in :rotfl:

as for the books/movie - i can't stand HP - i read a bit of the first book, blech...not my cup of tea at all...
and the movies even less so..

DS and his wife are big fans so when we did HP at IOA they were in seventh heaven!!

Fantastic pictures just as I'm reading this we are watching the Philosophers Stone, for the millionth time, in readiness for our trip in just over a weeks time.

I've just shown my DS who is 6 and he was very excited.

We are huge HP fans, DH not too bothered, so your trip pictures are getting us in the mood :)

I can't believe how Emma has grown up since that picture in 2010! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Love all the Harry Potter pictures:thumbsup2

Can't wait to go there next year - we are all big HP fans. I remember my kids waiting patiently for each new book to come out and we always had to order 2 copies as they didn't want to wait for the other one to finish reading:rotfl:

I don't think I want to watch any videos of inside the train as I think that might spoil it but thanks for the photos!

8:00 saw us arriving at Universal Studios, in preparation of riding Escape from Gringotts Bank. Already the queue was near to Fear Factor stage and it zig-zagged out of sight. Fortunately, movement was continuous and we were soon entering Diagon Alley and into the entrance to the bank. Great, I thought, however my optimism was short lived as we passed thro the bank into another holding area, with even more zig-zag lines. We had a party of fanatical, hyper excited girls a few yards behind us. "OH MY GOD.....I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!" was the cry, we must have heard this cry, 20 times in the next 90 minutes. As we re-entered the bank, we were faced with another WOW! moment. The animatronics, together with the decor has to be seen to be believed.

a334dc2517f40381f3e290064949ad44_zpsbfe17757.jpg

699c76d6c60a28e0b1b937403629b3cf_zps8a43de56.jpg

54e6de6e544f6645742980158b62bddc_zps6dfe5844.jpg

616425f03dc678efe7d2c1559e04013a_zpsb7325e5f.jpg

8c0814d890f2d130bf061865991f15ae_zps30089e0b.jpg

a5eaaf1ca214cb38b1868d9842f01320_zps6c421e10.jpg

e82202ce3367ae5c52a01dba026889e9_zpsb3f8cc35.jpg

The chandeliers are a sight on their own. Soon we were on the ride.....I'm stuck for words of how to explain the occasion. Universal have hit this bang on the button, and I forsee this being a BIG money spinner for many years to come. All in all, from entering the park, via Hotel room key, to exiting the ride, was exactly 2 hours.
Moving on, we headed towards The Simpsons ride. With our Express Pass, we were able to bypass the long lines, but unfortunately, we were placed on the third level and in the back row of the car. This was a complete waste of time since most of the screen was obscured.

97cccc41abbc55d55157115737a9c6c8_zps564a16e9.jpg

4cdd366260c994b1138c7874d94b3f8d_zpse5a9c981.jpg

e8977dc9ede7bd53d92306e21d864005_zps92a9cf00.jpg

665bd4d1104206c1fa2d02848c6e5b6b_zps8e2d0d01.jpg

We decided to have a bite to eat in Mels Diner..
Time to hit the rides, and Transformers, was followed by the brilliant Despicable Me. Those Minions are funny little creatures! Mummy was the next ride we use Express on and we also managed to catch the final 5 minutes of The Blues Brothers show.

67884c16126d6e6308b1717594e00550_zpsbe568dee.jpg

e7a4ee38b3986e4ac946830e9fffd653_zpsde05e6e8.jpg

9fa4a2597613fed355ec213eabc46836_zps214c1593.jpg

Men in Black was our next port of call, followed by a photograph with The Simpsons. The Horror Make-Up Show was about to start and so we made use of the comfy seats and air con. Our final ride of the day was Shrek 4D, before making our way out of the park via BMG entrance, and then we got a few t-shirts from the Hard Rock shop.

70e8e8f5e18cd4ff01ee5c51772fea3b_zps3f399d5b.jpg

c11eec0c31f09613eadb1d0aeefaa803_zpsfe7a1102.jpg

650831e811b66e2b6d906837c0641be2_zpsbe4625a7.jpg

Who swapped the car for a guitar??????

Emma wanted a few thinks from the Marvel gift shop, and so we popped into IOA. It was very hot as we exited the park, so we slowed our pace down as we strolled back to RPR.

1bfc5abe4825121e6f6c773202f25018_zps7e80c4c1.jpg

For our meal tonight, we had arranged to meet up with our friends Margaret, Geoff and family, who had arrived in Orlando today. It was a new venue for us all, at Bubba Gump in City Walk. As we entered the hotel lobby, we noticed our friends were only just checking in. We all met up in the lobby at 18:30 and short walk back to City Walk. Bubba Gump was extremely busy, which resulted in over 1 hour wait, however the food was very good. Here they have an amusing way of calling a server to the table, by means of a couple of Forrest Gump plates

5e6c5c8c78dc988e8fce28f4ecfecf48_zpse70f3ead.jpg

d36f895aff1c0416a5f4b6fcb814713f_zpsbd927d9c.jpg

I had the Captains bucket of boat trash, which was .a mixture of various sea foods. Sue had a Cajun Chicken Sandwich and Emma has All American Cheeseburger.

642b6da4a9ff1d495fd4fcf16460bfa6_zpsb2336f29.jpg

baa7502d063eb9869564bafd5709d531_zpsd49dd1a6.jpg

By the end of the meal we we all very tired, and so headed back for our final night at RPR, before calling it day.
Tomorrow, we are checking out of RPR into OKW, however we would make one more return to the World of Harry Potter.

I took mainly video in the train as it was a brilliant piece of CGI.
I have a link that I will sort for you, that covers it a video

i'd love to see the video if it's not too much work to get it loaded!!

your pictures from gringotts are great!!
those chandeliers do look amazing!!!

regarding the ride - is it one that would cause issues for someone with motion illness problems?

my problem in general with US/IOA is most of their rides are off limits for people like me.....including the other HP ride...
but i haven't heard anything about this new ride yet....
i'm guessing it will probably be off limits to me too...
such a shame really...

i'd love to see the video if it's not too much work to get it loaded!!

your pictures from gringotts are great!!
those chandeliers do look amazing!!!

regarding the ride - is it one that would cause issues for someone with motion illness problems?

my problem in general with US/IOA is most of their rides are off limits for people like me.....including the other HP ride...
but i haven't heard anything about this new ride yet....
i'm guessing it will probably be off limits to me too...
such a shame really...

Hi Beth,
Just on bus now on way to MK.
I don't think the ride is as fierce as original HP so this may be bordeline for you.
The video that I shot is in HD and I need my MacBook to process it. I do have a video link taken by the guy from Orlando Attactions on my iPad back in the room. I'll PM you when I get back. :goodvibes

Loving all the photos! They have Gringotts bank spot on, I worked in a bank just like that early in my career, now a bar, restaurant and night club but still has all the original features like the marble pillars.

Hi Beth,
Just on bus now on way to MK.
I don't think the ride is as fierce as original HP so this may be bordeline for you.
The video that I shot is in HD and I need my MacBook to process it. I do have a video link taken by the guy from Orlando Attactions on my iPad back in the room. I'll PM you when I get back. :goodvibes

thank you so much!! i don't know when i'll get back to orlando, or to universal, so i'd really love to see the video..
thanks for taking the time to PM me!!! :)

have fun at MK!!!

Gringotts looks amazing. Can't wait to see it, just over 1 year to go. Thanks for taking the time to post. Hope the move to OKW is smooth

***. MODS....PLEASE MOVE OVER TO TRIP REPORTS ***

Sorry guys, the wifi here at OKW is appalling.
It keeps dropping the connection after less than 1 minute.
Martin (burt) who is in the next building to me, has the same issue. I have spoken directly to the I.T. Company twice. They have rebooted the router but no joy. Now they think it may be a faulty power supply to the router. Engineer is due on site tomorrow but I don't hold much hope.
Will continue posting when/if I can get a decent connection.
Thanks for reading and all of the comments, so far

This has been posted using my phones 3G connection.

I remember that problem, not the best Wifi service in the world. Hope they can do something for you, its been great following along so far.

Moved across to Trip Reports.

i was about to be all indignant about this thread being moved to trip reports! ;)

but i see it was Nigel's request

sorry about the wifi! what a royal pain in the derriere!!

when we were there last august, i remember using our iphones as hotspots for our computers instead of the room wifi (which was laughably slow)...

The head of Disney IT Should be sacked at least and shot at best! For a multi million pound national organisation anything associated with the Internet and Disney is shocking! I'm struggling to even read this Nige can't imagine the trouble your having posting it! And don't even get me started on the my Disney experience app for the I phone this is our 4th hotel of this trip and by far the worst wifi.

Ha ha you know me and Disney web pages have never really got on Wayne lol but this takes it all to another level! Oh how I wish for the old days of fast pass machines by all the rides!

Looks like your new photobucket account is too popular too :sad2: you've hit bandwidth on that one :(

Was just showing DD the hp pics and they're not available anymore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter