Hello everyone, DW Vet, DLP Newbie Here!

Koz

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read this thread. Over the years we have visited DW as a family and had a great time. We've taken a few years off and I'm now looking at DLP as a destination for myself, my 17 year old and his 17 year old friend as an early graduation present.

DLP will be our first stop after we touchdown @ CDG- 6AM arrival, quick bag drop at my friend's apartment, and we are off.

I just have a few questions for you as those who are in the know:

1) Best place to get discount tickets? Should we purchase directly from DLP? Any equivalent of Undercover Tourist for DLP tix?

2) For any of the locals, we are hitting Paris the first week in May, which I understand is still during school break for those students in Paris. Getting there on a Thursday, and staying all day, would we expect to see very large crowds? How would it compare to a Saturday just a few days later? Is it worth even going there during a school break period?

3) Is Premier Access our best choice if we are looking to maximize rides and minimize waits? Are certain rides normally without significant wait times even during a busy period?

4) Can both parks be hit in the same day IF we are looking to eliminate waiting for some of the traditional "kiddie" rides like Dumbo, Carousel etc, and instead focus on thrill/coaster/classic rides?

5) Is the food for quick serve really that bad in the parks? Are you allowed to bring in outside food and drinks?

Thanks in advance for any comments you may have.

Greg

1. There are hardly any discounted places for DLP tickets. There is one, but I have to look up the name. Best ticket price is when you book a hotel package 😉

2. It is not just a school break in Paris, most of Europe is off that week. If you can, avoid school holidays for sure, but if you can't: go in with a plan.
I don't think it will make much of a difference in crowds, weekday during weekend this week. As in both cases everyone with a kid is off either way.

3. As you are staying off site and going during a busy time Premier Access could definitely help. How many days do you want to go? And what do you want to achieve?

Indiana Jones is one ride that often has low wait times because of the height requirement and the hidden location. Space Mountain and Ratatouille have a single rider line, so does Crush. But the last one will still probably be 45 minutes wait. It is a hard time to predict the wait times for this single riders line.

4. Yes, but it will be a challenge and you really have to make choices.

5. The food in DLP is not bad, just average themepark food. It often goes wrong when people used to the US parks start to compare. Food was never a priority in DLP because it is impossible to compete with all the great restaurants the Paris have to offer.

Of course, there are quick services I prefer over others 😀Hakuna Matata rarily disappoints, Victorias and Cafe de la Brousse are favourites for snacks.

And yes, no issues bringing your own food.

Hi, hope you have a great time!
1. Attraction tickets direct is a bit cheaper for tickets than direct with Disney
2. Thursday will be quieter than Saturday
3.If you are prepared to spend the money then yes. Otherwise the app is your friend. Queues in the studios will be much longer than in the Disneyland Park, but the Disneyland Park is much prettier and has better shows and atmosphere
4. Yes you can do both, but will have to make choices. Try not to is the 30th anniversary show or the parade
5. It depends - Croque Monsieur from Min Street, Hakuna Matata, Fuento del Oro, Cowboy Cookout are all fine. Also for an in between in a nice restaurant I would recommend the lucky nugget saloon - have a look n the app for menus you might like
Happy planning

Karin and Mick- thanks very much for your responses. Greatly appreciated!

Where are you coming from for your 6 a.m. touch down? If it's from the US, I would plan on more lay low activities for the first day due to jet lag and do DLP the following day when you are more rested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter