Heels, Flats, and Dress Hems

CelticBelle

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=brown>I th
So I really wanted to wear heels for the ceremony and pictures, but I dont think I'll be able to last all day in them. I want to switch to flats for the reception and dancing. What do I do about the hem on my dress? I'll only be inside for the reception, so i wont be in the dirt, etc. But I dont want it to drag horribly.

Any suggestions?

Are you looking to be taller for the wedding and pictures? If not, then if your dress is long to the floor, what difference does it make what shoes you wear--no one will be able to see them?

Honestly, my dress was to the floor and I wore sneakers! They were those little white canvas ones and I glued lace and sequins all over them. They were adorable, I was comfortable, and wasn't taller than DH!

My DFi is much taller than me. I'm not necessarily trying to match his height. I just like the look and feel of heels. I just dont want to dance in them and wear them for upwards of 6 hours. My dress is long, but im not going to let it drag on the ground. It's the little details that I like. Thats why my heels are going to be bright red.

My DF is over a foot taller than me, so I will be wearing heels for the ceremony!

I can pretty much guarantee I won't last all day, so I have flats too, and I am just figuring all the fancy photos will have been done by the time I change shoes, so I don't mind my dress being a little long.

I'm getting it to the right length for me to be able to walk down the aisle without treading on the front with my heels on, but the back is super long so will drag whatever I do!

Once my heels are off the front will be too long, but as I won't have to hold my flowers anymore I'll have my hands free to hold the front up if I need to walk anywhere fast.

I wore heels for my ceremony and flats for the reception. I had my dress altered for both, so it was sort of in between lengths. It was perfect was the heels and kinda long with the flats, but once the bustle is done up, it is pretty easy to hold up the dress as you walk.

It sounds like I kind of want it in between lengths as well. I wouldnt mind it being on the shorter end with the heels, that way my pretty red shoes will get seen a little more. Of course not high water kind of short, but just a little. As far as the flats, it'll probably end up long But i would just kick off my shoes anyway if they got sore.

I'm going to wear heels that are only an inch tall so it gives me a little of the height but I can easily walk and dance in them as well.

I'm going to wear heels that are only an inch tall so it gives me a little of the height but I can easily walk and dance in them as well.

That's probably what I'm going to do too, maybe 2 inches at the most. DF and I are pretty close in height, so I don't want to tower over him, but I want heels :laughing:

Ditto - I also chose a smaller heel because I'm already slightly taller than DF so even though I love heels, I don't want to look too much taller in all of the photos, so I decided on a 1" heel. Then my dress will be hemmed perfectly as I have no need to change shoes :goodvibes
You can still find some really pretty shoes with a shorter heal - you just need to hunt around a bit harder. Shoe stores seem to think bridal means 5" stiletto :headache:

Unless your heels are really high, it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I got a pair of flip flops with a thicker sole (1" abt.) and my heels were 2 1/2 " and it wasn't noticeable. Actually with my heels, my dress wasn't floor length anyway, I wanted the toes of my shoes to peek out a bit.

The shoes that I currently have are 3 1/2" heels. I looked for shorter heels, but couldnt find any in what I was looking for. Im looking for red vintage looking heels. As you said, apparently that means tall stiletto. Ill keep an eye out though.

Thank for everyones input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter