HDDR - adult vs. child pricing for child turning 10

leahlefler

Mouseketeer
I just booked HDDR for our upcoming trip in February (so excited since we have never done this before). My son is currently 9 years old an when I booked, I was charged the child's price (booked via MDE).

He will turn 10 before our trip - his birthdate is entered correctly into MDE. Since this is pre-paid, will they adjust the pricing when we go or do they go by the child's age at the time of booking? We only paid for the child's price for him, even though he turns 10 before we go on our trip.

They will likely collect the correct amount when you check in and receive your tickets.

They do not go by the age at booking. If they did, people would be booking as far out as possible. Be prepared to pay the full amount when you check in. And be excited if they let you pay the child's price.

They will likely collect the correct amount when you check in and receive your tickets.

1) Officially, prices are charged for kids based upon their age AT CHECK-IN, not at ressie time.
. . . If they check-in at 9 and turn 10 during the trip, they are kids.
. . . If they check-in at 10, they are adults.
2) Sometimes, a CM will let a kid check-in as a child after turning10, but that is cheating they system by the CM and the parent.
3) I have caught parents who made a ressie 11-months out to get the child in as a kid.
4) Did not work with me.
5) I changed all the tickets and meals to adult prices, and hit their credit card for the difference.
6) CHEATING-IS-CHEATING, and I do not do it.

It is not cheating since you clearly had his age down for the time of check in, so I wouldn't worry about it. Since they already charged you they aren't likely to change it at check in. It is their mistake not yours since you were honest about his age.

1) Officially, prices are charged for kids based upon their age AT CHECK-IN, not at ressie time.
2) Sometimes, a CM will let a kid check-in as a child after turning10, but that is cheating they system by the CM and the parent.
3) I have caught parents who made a ressie 11-months out to get the child in as a kid.
4) Did not work with me.
5) I changed all the tickets and meals to adult prices, and hit their credit card for the difference.
It is not cheating since you clearly had his age down for the time of check in, so I wouldn't worry about it. Since they already charged you they aren't likely to change it at check in. It is their mistake not yours since you were honest about his age.
To quote the the OP, "he will turn 10 before our trip."

To quote the the OP, "he will turn 10 before our trip."
Yes, I saw that and they had his birthday in MDE and they booked through the MDE and yet they were only charged for a 9 year old. They did not lie about his age, clearly it is a mistake on Disney's part, some glitch in the system. When you book through MDE you do not put your kids ages in each and every time you book an adr, they are saved in the MDE account.

The OP in no way asked about cheating the system. She simply asked what would happen. A simple "You most likely will need to pay the difference" would have sufficied. No need to call her cheater.
Also the date of birth is in MDE. you'd think the system would be smart enough to calculate age based on date of event and not the date when you book it. Dunno, maybe it's just me but I also think it is excessive to call someone a cheater when you don't even have the opportunity to say whether it's a child or an adult, the system automatically calculates it and calculates it wrong.

Also the date of birth is in MDE. you'd think the system would be smart enough to calculate age based on date of event and not the date when you book it. Dunno, maybe it's just me but I also think it is excessive to call someone a cheater when you don't even have the opportunity to say whether it's a child or an adult, the system automatically calculates it and calculates it wrong.
My thoughts exactly!

4) Did not work with me.
Very curious how you caught a "cheater" that made a reservation at 11 months out ,when you can't make a reservation more than 180+10 days out. So very, very curious. Hmmm.

Definitely sounds like a flaw in MDE (shocking, I know!). It should charge based on time of trip. Regardless, it didn't, so I would just be prepared to pay the difference once you check in and be happily surprised if they don't.

I figured they would probably charge the extra when we check in, but it is a strange situation since it is a pre-paid show. Yes, his age is entered correctly into MDE and we booked at our standard 180 days in advance. I was just wondering what happened to others in this situation. Since MDE has his age in the system correctly (with birthdate), the system "knows" he will be 10 during our trip. But still charged the child's price in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter