HBD worth the cost if NOT using Fantasmic Package?

For us the Fantasmic package is over priced as we get a hotdog with no bun for DS and the cobb salad and drinks for us...
We certainly enjoy HBD and try to go every trip for lunch before going back to the resort.
The rest of the menu looks good but I'm not sure of the value.

For us the Fantasmic package is over priced as we get a hotdog with no bun for DS and the cobb salad and drinks for us...
We certainly enjoy HBD and try to go every trip for lunch before going back to the resort.
The rest of the menu looks good but I'm not sure of the value.
Yeah, we usually go for the Cobb Salad, but we haven’t been in a long time, so not sure about how the quality has held up and to go into it fixed on getting the Cobb Salad feels limiting even 21 days out… I usually will go for a salad, but you know how it is… and the prices of the other offerings is just wow!

Yeah, we usually go for the Cobb Salad, but we haven’t been in a long time, so not sure about how the quality has held up and to go into it fixed on getting the Cobb Salad feels limiting even 21 days out… I usually will go for a salad, but you know how it is… and the prices of the other offerings is just wow!
I m sure the Cobb salad has held up; it’s been on the menu for decades and is a selling point of the restaurant and symbol of pride. Don’t know what is on the Fantasmic menu but the regular menu is generally nicely cooked American food.

Value is subjective, but it's my favorite restaurant in Hollywood Studios. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal here. Love the cobb but have also enjoyed other entrees as well. Service has always been excellent and I also enjoy a good cocktail or glass of wine and they have some great options. I'm also an absolute sucker for their complimentary bread service. I always find it to be a nice relaxing break from the chaos in the park.

My family would eat their every trip if I let them. I get the Cobb, but they usually get steaks. We have only ever done the F! Package once.

It's my favorite restaurant in Studios and my favorite in-park restaurant on property. Everything I've had there has been very good to great.

Edit: And yes, I think it's definitely worth the money if you're looking for a nice table service meal.

Last edited:
I didn't do the dining package there, but I did eat there for the first time ever on my last trip. It was one of the best meals I've had on property. The fish I ordered was cooked perfectly, I loved the burrata salad so much I went back again for it. And they brought out a slice of the grapefruit cake since we were celebrating a birthday. I would have never ordered the cake since I hate grapefruit, but I LOVED the cake. The service was also amazing. I will try to dine here every trip from now on. So, in my opinion, it was totally worth it.

I think so. I'm not a fan of their Cobb salad but I do usually like some of their other entrees or appetizers. In December, I wasn't too hungry at lunch so ordered the beet and burrata salad (yummy) and also the charcuterie platter with the intent of sharing it with the table. Nope. Ate it all myself and quite enjoyed it. I'd order that again and also wouldn't share it. Also had a champagne flight which was lovely. Everyone else ordered the Cobb salad. I don't personally think the Fantasmic package is worth the cost, especially if I only want to have 1-2 appetizers and I don't think it's terribly hard to get a reasonably decent seat for the show if you get there in good time.

We never do fantasmic package but HBD is our fave restaurant in DHS! We've never once had anything other than a good meal and good service. We usually just split an app, get salads, and share some grapefruit cake. We love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter