• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaiian Shave Ice

stephmarty

Spending my Kids' Inheritance on Disney
This was my family's favorite daily treat at Aulani a couple years ago. I had never tried it with sweetened condensed milk--so terrific! I don't recall seeing this at the Polynesian Resort when we were there several years ago (or anywhere else at WDW). We are returning to Poly this October. Probably wishful thinking, but please tell me they've brought Hawaiian Shave Ice to WDW. A little shack/concession stand by the pool at Poly like they have at Aulani would be such a natural fit. Are you listening, Disney? Trust me on this one!

They have it upstairs near Kona Cafe in the coffee kiosk by day, sushi by night! We stayed last August for 2 weeks and never could get it. Either machine wasn't working or we weren't around during the limited hours it's available.

There is a stand in Disney Springs. I think it is along the area between TRex and the Landing.

They have it upstairs near Kona Cafe in the coffee kiosk by day, sushi by night! We stayed last August for 2 weeks and never could get it. Either machine wasn't working or we weren't around during the limited hours it's available.

They have not made sushi at Kona Island for a long time now but they did have shave ice. I know they were not sure if it would remain so I don't know if it is still there.

They have not made sushi at Kona Island for a long time now but they did have shave ice. I know they were not sure if it would remain so I don't know if it is still there.
Haha, was there last summer & didn't even notice no sushi! We have so many places here, I don't look for it in Wdw. I tried a few times to get the shave ice with no sucess.

Disney appears to be working more toward standardizing offerings and controlling cost, so they can offer the so called "free dining" and other marketing efforts that are not exactly free...but people believe it. The PR Club level is very illustrative of cost cutting as many Polynesian themed food/beverage items are now a thing of the past. I don't think they would take the step to provide the crystal clear ice to shave with all of the natural-fresh tropical fruit flavors when they could just provide people the carnival snow cone at lower cost and quicker serving time.

Good to hear. Thanks, everyone. We will definitely be trying it out in October. Hopefully it's the "real" stuff.

They also have shave ice in Epcot. It is in Japan to the left of the tall building up front. They have several flavors. My favorite is melon. They also have tangerine, cherry, and strawberry, I think. They also have the cream to put on it. We have never tried it that way. We used to get several each trip when we went, even making special trips over to Epcot to get them. Last year, we noticed that the price had gone up and the size went down a good bit.

I 2nd the Japenese Shave Ice in Epcot. They call it Kaki-Gori and for $1 extra you can get it with "Sweet Milk" so GOOD!! Can't wait for my trip this November ... It's a treat my family gets every trip.

No more Shave Ice at the Polynesian. They no longer serve it at Kona Island or at Pineapple Lanai.

No more Shave Ice at the Polynesian. They no longer serve it at Kona Island or at Pineapple Lanai.

What?????? I had heard they moved it to Pinapple Lanai and was really looking forward to getting some. Had a night planned, dinner at Kona then Shave Ice dessert :sad:
Staying at GF, so have a few Poly visits planned (to get my fix) incl my Tonga Toast run!! This makes me so sad. Last August I never got one upstairs, machine was always broke.

What?????? I had heard they moved it to Pinapple Lanai and was really looking forward to getting some. Had a night planned, dinner at Kona then Shave Ice dessert :sad:
Staying at GF, so have a few Poly visits planned (to get my fix) incl my Tonga Toast run!! This makes me so sad. Last August I never got one upstairs, machine was always broke.

:sad2: This was our plan too. DH and I were getting Dole Whips while DD's wanted the shave ice from Pineapple Lanai.
This report http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ailable-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/ was from July 6th stating that they were starting to test it. I guess the test didn't go well??? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter