Hawaii Safe Travels clarification

I created Hawaii Safe Travel accounts for myself and my family members. I uploaded our vaccine cards as an exemption. Do we also need to apply for a Hawaii Smart Health Card?

Thank you,

I created Hawaii Safe Travel accounts for myself and my family members. I uploaded our vaccine cards as an exemption. Do we also need to apply for a Hawaii Smart Health Card?

Thank you,

No, your vaccination card exemption is sufficient. There are multiple ways to claim a quarantine exemption on the Safe Travels site. As long as you do one of the ways you are set.

Thanks. I claimed an exemption and uploaded my vaccination card. Any idea how far before our arrive date Hawaii will verify our vaccination card? Our QR code is still yellow and we are 6 weeks out.

We uploaded all of our info and vax cards on 1/31/22, and our QR code is still yellow, with X Screened: No. We fly out tomorrow......

Edit: I haven't received the second email yet, which is supposed to come the day prior to travel. So, hopefully it'll be green when that comes

We are flying out tomorrow also. United Airlines sent us a link to speak with an agent on a video chat. We had previously filled out all the info on safe travels and obtained our yellow QR code. Immediately after our chat with United I checked our QR codes on the safe travels site and they were green. There is an option to resend the QR code on the website so I did that instead of waiting for safe travels to email it to us.

Thanks. I claimed an exemption and uploaded my vaccination card. Any idea how far before our arrive date Hawaii will verify our vaccination card? Our QR code is still yellow and we are 6 weeks out.

I had to wait until I landed at HNL for my vaccination information to be verified. I flew Delta in December and they weren’t pre-verifying people at that point. If your airline doesn’t do it at the airport, it will be done at HNL when you show the person your physical vaccination card and ID. As long as you have the QR code, you’re fine. You will be sorted when you land at HNL into those who have a QR code and those who don’t. Take a picture of it and keep it in your photos to expedite the screening process.

We uploaded all of our info and vax cards on 1/31/22, and our QR code is still yellow, with X Screened: No. We fly out tomorrow......

Edit: I haven't received the second email yet, which is supposed to come the day prior to travel. So, hopefully it'll be green when that comes

No need to be concerned. Every airline is doing something different. As long as you have the QR code, you’re fine. Either your airline will screen you at the airport or you will be screened once you land at HNL. Once a qualified person verifies your physical vaccination card and ID, they will update the QR code and it will turn green. Until that time, you may need to show the QR code when you land at HNL so that they know which screening line to put you in.

Question on the check-in process at Aulani. Do I just have to show my green QR code at check-in or do I have to have paperwork too? Not sure if hotels and restaurants are accepting the Hawaii Safe Travel site QR or not. Having a hard time finding an answer to that. Thanks

Question on the check-in process at Aulani. Do I just have to show my green QR code at check-in or do I have to have paperwork too? Not sure if hotels and restaurants are accepting the Hawaii Safe Travel site QR or not. Having a hard time finding an answer to that. Thanks
You need to log in to the safe travels site.

Hawaii will email you your QR. That PDF email attachment will work for the airport part, but Aulani will want you to actually log into the site so they can see your trip info, not just the QR code.

You need to log in to the safe travels site.

Hawaii will email you your QR. That PDF email attachment will work for the airport part, but Aulani will want you to actually log into the site so they can see your trip info, not just the QR code.

Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter