Have you ever traded with a Jawa?

Euby

DIS Veteran
I read in a guide that you could trade with the Jawas over at Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios. Has anyone done this? What did you trade? I have some beaded party necklaces that I was thinking of taking just to see.

I have successfully traded twice. Once was back when they had the Rebel Hanger and I traded a bottle of hand sanitizer with a glittery case for some beads from the Jawa. The second time at the Launch Bay was a shiny keychain for a droid part. The key is to bring something shiny as that is what they tend to like.

I've never done it, but it looks like a blast. Perhaps one of those cheap little glow sticks?

I have successfully traded twice. Once was back when they had the Rebel Hanger and I traded a bottle of hand sanitizer with a glittery case for some beads from the Jawa. The second time at the Launch Bay was a shiny keychain for a droid part. The key is to bring something shiny as that is what they tend to like.

The necklaces are definitely shiny. They look metallic (gold, green, and a purple strand).

I've never done it, but it looks like a blast. Perhaps one of those cheap little glow sticks?

In October, we traded a glow stick and the Jawa went absolutely nuts with it. Ended up being probably the best character experience ever. The Jawa ran around the room waving the glow stick in everyone's face. In fact, 30-45 minutes later, after meeting Chewie and Kylo, the Jawa was STILL running around the room waving the glow stick we gave him. It was a very cool experience that my kids loved.

I'm sure they'll love the necklaces! I once traded a paperclip and the Jawa was very visibly disappointed - it was hysterical! On our last trip, I completely forgot to bring something and the Jawa wanted one of the Bandits on my MagicBand that I didn't want to part with - he was very "mad" at me when I wouldn't trade. They are so funny!!

After a few attempts with different shiny objects, I was able to trade a miniature mickey polka dot bow-tie. Yellow with black dots. Looked like it came off of a doll? I found it on the floor inside Launch Bay - go figure. Got a droid part for it.

We traded twice. Please be aware it depends on what jawa thinks the item is worth, if they have something comparable, or if they have anything at all. As far as I'm aware, they don't come out with a heap of stuff to just trade. They will trade what few items they have and what they receive. At Christmas I had a flashing $1.99 Christmas tree necklace and a $5.99 large bulb necklace (like the $15+ ones Disney sells). I offered both and the jawa wouldn't take the big bulb one but traded the other for 2 already "activated" glow bracelets. The next day my mom traded a small bulb necklace for a little stuffed bear dressed in a Christmas dress keychain. I did see a little girl with a cheap pair of sparkly sunglasses and the jawa offered 3 different things and the girl said no to all 3 so the jawa handed the sunglasses back and made a "shoooing" motion at the girl. If they aren't trading, the handler will usually say something. They will also tell you no money and sometimes no Disney pins.

We traded with them 3 times. It really does depend on what you have. The person in front of us showed the Jawa what he had and the Jawa shook his head no. So he walked away and then we showed him a light up small wand and he was all excited and gave us a droid Part. We also traded some light up rings and they loved them also and we received 2 more droid parts. But I know some people when they trade they give them back something someone else gave them. It was really fun and we will definitely do it again in the future.

Last edited:
Haven't traded with them before, but last year one of them "stole" my MagicBand! My family got a kick out of it.

We've been successful 2 different times (2 boys each) with flashing light up rubber rings. They got 3 droid pieces (total) and my youngest was given a flashing/glowing ice cube, I think b/c the Jawa was out of items but really wanted to give him something. We saw one girl give an umbrella and the Jawa seemed to like it, but she really didn't want to give away her umbrella so took it back. We also saw them say no to many other random things.

We forgot our trading items (we'd packed a few) last trip. My daughter was able to trade a Times Guide fora little plastic "gem". She was really excited after riding SDMT and seeing the same gems. :)

We've been successful 2 different times (2 boys each) with flashing light up rubber rings. They got 3 droid pieces (total) and my youngest was given a flashing/glowing ice cube, I think b/c the Jawa was out of items but really wanted to give him something. We saw one girl give an umbrella and the Jawa seemed to like it, but she really didn't want to give away her umbrella so took it back. We also saw them say no to many other random things.
We saw one Jawa propose to another one with one of those flashing rings....it was so funny!

My daughter traded a gumball machine type bracelet for a plastic lemon. It was awesome. When I commented that it was a good deal to get fresh fruit on a desert planet the Jawa started to take it back and my kiddo had to put her foot down and chase him (her?) Off.

I didn't know there were jawas at the Launch Bay!! There weren't any at Disneyland when we visited last summer. I'm so glad I saw this thread. Now hubby and I are both excited about possibly getting to trade with them!!

Have they started trading again? There was a thread a while back that said the Jawas were not trading anymore.

Have they started trading again? There was a thread a while back that said the Jawas were not trading anymore.

They were trading in January, and as others have said, it was fantastic character interaction! They are especially great with little kids!

at the risk of :duck:what's a jawa?
They're a star wars character. They're small, dressed in a kind of brown burlap robe with black faces. They pick up droids (like R2D2 and C3PO) to scavenge the shiny parts in the first Star Wars movie (confusingly named Episode 4), "A New Hope". Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter