Have you ever sneaked a peak at a Christmas/birthday gift?

I haven’t. But dd is notorious lol.

And oddly enough she is like my dad was and was so excited about a certain gift they couldn’t wait to give it to you and gave it to you early lol.
So far I have gotten a Mickey waffle maker lol

No, I like the surprise.

When I was a kid my dad would give me my boxed present to wrap and then egg me on to open it. I never did. ha ha

One year my Mom told me what she was getting for my sister, and told my sister what she was getting for me. You guessed it, we told each other and had to act really surprised on Christmas Day. My parents were not fooled, and we felt bad for spoiling their fun of seeing us open our gifts. After that, we weren't told again, but I think we would have kept the secrets.

When I was a little girl, I found my Roy Rogers Double Holster with Pearl Handled Guns In my mother’s closet. I wanted that so badly for Christmas and when I found it, the surprise was ruined. I never looked for gifts ever again. FYI - I wanted to be a cowgirl when I grew up. 😁

When I was small, 6 maybe, my entire family (mom, dad and older brother) went to the local mall to go Christmas shopping. My brother would have been 14-15 at the time and has always been the best at choosing gifts. He obviously went to the toy store and bought either my bday or Christmas gift (bday is December 15) and had it in a bag. Mom and dad asked/told him to take me to the ice cream shop so they could shop and he sat me down with strict instructions not to look in the bag he set down. Of course I did. And, in punishment I did not get the Rowlf the puppet dog that he had purchased as a gift for me. I learned my lesson and never again have I sneaked a peak.

Yes. I am still terrible with surprises.

When I was younger, my parents hide our gifts at the neighbors house so I could not snoop. :rolleyes:

Yes. I check my Amazon wish list before Christmas and my birthday to see what I'm getting. But then again, I've been known to look for spoilers for TV shows and movies before I watch them as well.

My brother was always snooping, my mother even resorted to locking things in the trunk of the car. One year he roped me in, and it was the most disappointing Christmas because I had to act surprised (I'm sure my mom was not fooled). I never snooped again.

Yes, when I was around 12 I found a gift for me and actually took it out and played with it a few times at my friends house and then secretly put it back in my parents closet. I remember the game, but cannot remember the name of it:(

When I was a kid, my sister took great pleasure in telling me what I was getting for every special event. She told me there was no Santa when I was five years old and proved it to me by showing me where my parents hid our presents. Eventually, my parents got wise and started locking all presents in the trunk of our car. I never wanted to know.

I found all my presents in my mom’s closet one year when I was 7 or 8. I saw everything. There was not a single surprise Christmas morning. I never looked again.

One year when I was around 10 I also slit the ends of all my presents, and knew every single present I was getting. It was a horrible Christmas, I tried to be surprised but Mom knew. I hated that feeling so badly, that I now do not even touch any presents under the tree, I let others hand them to me so I won't even feel the weight or anything. I want the surprise!

No.

My oldest is really bad about keeping it secret too. I think she is so excited for what she bought for someone she wants them to know NOW.

When I was a kid and I knew Christmas gifts from my mom were hidden under the bed..guilty a few times. But I was young enough then. Haven't since

It's hard being me. LOL. I overhear things. I'm not saying that I can't be surprised because I have been. But, I can look at a box and half the time determine what it is and the percentage goes up if I pick it up and feel the weight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter