• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever seen a celebrity at Disney World?

I really had to think about this one...
Whoppie Goldberg
Regis Philbin
Mandy Moore
Neil Patrick Harris
Rosie O'Donnell
John Stamos
Candice Camerson Burre
Bumped into Micheal Eisner, literally. The day Wonders of Life opened, I was walking in and he was walking out and neither of us was watching where we were walking.

I just remembered these two:
When I was in Disneyland last December I was in Galaxy’s Edge and saw a film crew. I went over to look and they were filming Bob Iger (hey, he’s a celebrity to Disney fans!) doing a walking interview. I took video but didn’t interrupt.

Last year in Epcot while strolling the World Showcase I saw Josh D’Amaro (another Disney suit “celebrity”) walking towards me. We said hi to each other and both continued on our way.

A few years ago, we were in MK near the restroom by Space Mountain and we saw Richard Kind. Walking around with family and Cast Members.

A few years ago, we were in MK near the restroom by Space Mountain and we saw Richard Kind. Walking around with family and Cast Members.
Cool! Richard Kind is great. I remember he and some other ABC sitcom stars that were on a TV special promoting Disney California Adventure back in the early 2000's. ABC, of course, is a Disney owned network.

He's been in a few Pixar films too. I'm genuinely curious if Disney contract actors get any kind of park discounts.

I saw Baby Spice on POTC. I didn't know it was her at the time, only that it was a celebrity. They left the boats in front of her and behind her empty. I was behind the 2nd empty boat. After she got our of her boat, they stopped the ride while she was putting her baby in the stroller, before being whisked out of there through a "secret" exit. It was pretty cool to see how they handle celebrities on the rides.

A couple weeks ago I saw Jeff Dunham multiple times.

One day at Animal Kingdom. He was in Pandora hanging out.

One day at Magic Kingdom, he was going through the exit to get on Big Thunder Mountain.

Had a VIP tour guide both times.

A thread just for fun because I'm dying counting the hours til online booking for packages opens tomorrow!!

Have you ever seen a celebrity in the Disney parks? what about on another vacation?

the closest I've come is in 1999 as a child, James Avery (the uncle from fresh prince) was a few people ahead of us in line for Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom
Saw Dan Marino and family in The Magic Kingdom when he was in the Quarterback Challenge years ago.

We stayed at GF Royal Palm Club at the same time as Wayne Gretzky and his family and Drew Carry(two separate trips). Both were very polite in any interactions we had with them in the lounge.

We met Joe Rhode in the AKL concierge lounge. He was very friendly and sat at our table for 15-20 minutes and chatted. He then went on to spend about a half hour with a young (8-9) autistic boy who was sitting in front of the TV watching Disney cartoons (we did not assume this - his mother was at the table next to us and talked about her son and how he rarely talks to anyone). They were discussing the cartoons and why he liked/disliked certain ones, what he liked at the parks, etc. It was really great to talk to him but even better to see this interaction.

At Disney, just the Mickey Mouse Club kids (I used to go to tapings a lot, plus I ran into them at PI a couple of times).

At Universal, a couple. I had Liza Minnelli ride my Kongfrontation tram with her entourage, and she actually applauded for me at the end. That was one of the proudest moments of my life :) And a few years ago, my friend and I kept running into Grant Imahara from Mythbusters (RIP) at IOA all day long. First we were the only people in Ollivander's for the wand ceremony early in the morning. Then we were right behind him and his girlfriend/wife/whatever in line for lunch at the Leaky Cauldron. I was super impressed actually. They had a VIP guide, but at lunchtime they sent him away and joined the regular line. Ran into them a few more times that day, to the point that we were waving and smiling at each other by the end, but didn't want to bother them for an autograph or anything.

At Six Flags Great America, another friend and I kept running into Dustin Diamond all day....and a few years later I ran into him all day long in Vegas.

A Cast Member friend and I went to Cirque du Soleil years ago and met and shook hands with Roy Disney after it ended. He was very kind and happy to meet a Cast Member and a longtime Disney fan, Saw Michael Eisner doing an interview at Studios. Met Josh D'Amaro and the Disney Ambassadors at a Cast Member party last month.

Talked to Mark Cuban at Disneyland a couple of years ago.

Saw celebrities on a daily basis when I worked at Universal Studios Hollywood, but that's because I was a Studio Guide giving tram tours and they were always on the backlot filming, so they weren't "among the people". Only exception was Sandra Bullock, who was on my tram once.

Saw Dan Marino and family in The Magic Kingdom when he was in the Quarterback Challenge years ago.

Dan Marino was at the college I work for some years ago for something. I met him quickly since I work on the executive floor.
Then, a few ladies I worked with were sitting outside for lunch and he passed us and made a comment about being in the sun, hot, etc.
I told him he could be my cabana boy LOL

At Disney, just the Mickey Mouse Club kids (I used to go to tapings a lot, plus I ran into them at PI a couple of times).

At Universal, a couple. I had Liza Minnelli ride my Kongfrontation tram with her entourage, and she actually applauded for me at the end. That was one of the proudest moments of my life :) And a few years ago, my friend and I kept running into Grant Imahara from Mythbusters (RIP) at IOA all day long. First we were the only people in Ollivander's for the wand ceremony early in the morning. Then we were right behind him and his girlfriend/wife/whatever in line for lunch at the Leaky Cauldron. I was super impressed actually. They had a VIP guide, but at lunchtime they sent him away and joined the regular line. Ran into them a few more times that day, to the point that we were waving and smiling at each other by the end, but didn't want to bother them for an autograph or anything.

At Six Flags Great America, another friend and I kept running into Dustin Diamond all day....and a few years later I ran into him all day long in Vegas.
Love hearing that about Liza! Also loved Grant (RIP)!

A thread just for fun because I'm dying counting the hours til online booking for packages opens tomorrow!!

Have you ever seen a celebrity in the Disney parks? what about on another vacation?

the closest I've come is in 1999 as a child, James Avery (the uncle from fresh prince) was a few people ahead of us in line for Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom
Yes. Tom Brady. He and his team had just won a Super Bowl. He was on a float in a parade so obviously they wanted us to see him. 😁

Is Kristi Yamaguchi a celebrity? I forgot that I saw her in Disneyland. She was with her husband and child, walking around with a Disney employee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter