• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever had "That Perfect Moment"?

On our last trip, my husband, and ds7 and ds3 were leaving Chef Mickey's when a CM named Velma came up to us, and asked us if we had ever heard of Pirates and Pals firework voyage. Well, we hadn't, and ironically, we didn't have anything planned for after dinner that night, so this worked out perfectly...she invited us on this voyage, free of charge! OUR MAGICAL MOMENT. We had snacks with Captain Hook and Smee, watched Wishes from the lagoon, played pirate games, and at the end of it all, Peter Pan met with us!...to this day, my ds7 still remembers how amazing he felt meeting him and ds3 is mad that he didn't come and play with him in the hotel room :yay:. It was such a magical night, and I'm so happy that we ended up with such a memorable magic moment. pixiedust:

Among the many Magical moments I've had over the years, the one that most recently stands out to me happened while walking back to the car at Downtown Disney, of all places. I had my niece's 9-year-old stepson, in tow - way ahead of the lagging others. It was raining torrents; we were soaked...and both/All of us were exhausted. It was his first time at Disney; we'd done all the parks in the preceding days, and - while I could tell he loved the parks - he had been too overwhelmed to fully take it all in, much less sort it out to speak about, other than to say, "I can't believe I'm really here". As we stood amongst a dozen others for the crosswalk into the parking lot at Downtown Disney - in Monsoon rains - he took my hand to help this old lady across; looked way up at me, and said, "This vacation is the best thing, ever! Thanks for inviting me."

We had so many this trip, but my favorite was our last park day which was also DD's 2nd birthday. She loves Beauty and the Beast and we've watched videos on youtube of Gaston so I was really looking forward to seeing him. It was the 24 hr day and when we got there the line was already closed. We had a snack in the Tavern and she kept asking for Gaston so I brought her out to see him and just watch him interact with other guests. She kept waving and reaching her arms out to him. I'd ask if she would say goodbye and she kept shaking her head no. She really wanted to meet him. I went over to see about the line but they were already starting the 12 pm line and it wasn't even 11 am yet and it was so hot. So I took her back over to watch him a little more. He must have noticed us because in between guests he came over and took her hand and kissed it. We didn't have any cameras out but she was so happy and said "Gaston loves Baby". :)

DD loves princesses. Last year we spent our first trip not quite getting the hang of FP, not taking breaks and narrowly avoiding heatstroke. It was a wee bit rough to be honest. We planned the trip in five weeks. We had no clue lol. But our TA managed to find a cancellation at CRT. On a very, very hot day we checked in at CRT. DM was a funny shade of purple and DD was sweating in her Cinderella dress she insisted she wear. DH and I were just tired. We ended up getting the first table in the princess rotation. They were introduced and marched right over to us. DD was wearing a necklace I bought her that had her name on it. It was a very small charm with her name. Well Snow White spotted it straight away. She was the first princess out and she strode right up addressing DD by name. Pure magic. It made our trip.

I had a couple....

1 was seeing Belle for Enchanted Tales. Belle was my fav as a little girl, and seeing her was magical. I got teary just thinking she was everything I ever imagined her to be!

Another was hearing Wishes. The song is just so perfect!

Another was during Philharmagic, during "a whole new world". I was never a big Aladdin fan but for some reason, that one just caught me by surprise.

And seeing woody & Jessie! I love toy story so that one made me teary too!

My 2 yr old loooooved Dumbo, we got some amazing selfies together of his big smile and little blond hairs blowing in the wind as we flew high in the sky!

My daughter walking right up to hug princesses! She acted like it was no big deal but then there they were & she was happy!

My 9 yr old son having fun & taking advantage of rider switch & getting to do most things twice! He's hard to please so for him to really enjoy ANYTHING is awesome! Every ride he's get off and say "no, THIS was the BEST ride!" :)

Disney is truly magical. Can't even describe it until you've done it! It just IS.

I've been stalking this board for a while, trying to think of one but I finally got it...

I've been a Fl native my whole life, but I'm also adopted. It was a closed adoption so I never even knew their names. On my 18th birthday, I started my search for my family, and lo-and-behold, shortly after being accepted into the DCP (I was 20), we all found each other. It was sort of touch-and-go at first, I was in way more contact with my grandparents than my mother. One day, my grandparents informed me that they were heading to their snow-birds home in Fl and wanted to stop off and meet me along the way. It was going to be our first meeting. I set up their hotel and everything.
Finally, at Disney world, in the MK, I got to meet my birth grandparents for the very first time. As you can imagine, it was quite emotional. But the magical moment was yet to come. I had always refused to ride ToT, even with my DCP friends because I'm terrified of regular elevators falling (and will almost always opt for the stairs). We decided to head to HS and would you believe it, my grandfather bullied me onto getting on the ride. "If an old man can do it, a 21 year old woman sure can." Would you believe that, not only did I get on, but we were sent to go for another round, followed by not 1, but 2 copies (when they still printed the picture for you) of both rides of my first ride of ToT and my first meeting with my grandparents. I still have them to this day and framed the picture of us which I keep my most important possession (the note written by my grandmother on the day I was born) behind the frame.

Wishes last summer. I watched with DD sitting on the grass in the rose garden. It was the first time seeing it for both of us and the FP area was quiet and not at all crowded. We just relaxed and chatted and took it all in. Super moment.

our last year trip in March, we took DS who was 2 at the time for the first time, we were at Hollywood studios walking towards the Disney Junior live show, as we were walking, Jake from the never land pirates passes by and DS sees him, DS is Autistic and was non verbal at that time. He lets out the biggest squeak ever and starts jumping around clapping his hands, he had the biggest smile on his face after seeing Jake. That was my perfect moment. :mickeyjum

It was Easter week and the parks were crowded. My 4 year old decided, at the last minute that she was scared and didn't want to ride Splash Mountain.

She and I exited the ride and my husband and son rode.

While we waited for Dad and Big Brother at the exit she burst into tears, regretting missing the ride.

A kind cast member came up to her, gave her some stickers and told her not to worry, and that if she wanted to ride she still could. I cringed at little -- we had fast-passed it and there was a 90 minute stand-by line.

The CM smiled at me and told us both not to worry. Then, when my husband and son arrived at the exit all four of us were walked right back up the exit and onto the ride.

It truly turned the day around.

We plan well, but the spontaneous moments created by the cast members always top everything I can come up with.

We followed a group of entertainers in Fantasyland and joined the procession. My dd was dressed as Rapunzel and got to wave a flag. The precession ended at the sword and the stone. My family, especially my dh, pulls on the sword every time we walk by. The entertainers start a show at the sword seeing who could pull it out. My family is bursting with excitement to see if the sword was really going to move. My dh was chosen to go first. Hamming it up and falls short. A random stranger gives it a try. Then my ds is chosen. After a great deal of fuss and talking to dd as if she is the princess in charge the sword begins to move. The joy coming from my children and son made the whole trip. My son took a flying leap into my husband's arms giving him the biggest hug ever.

Ok mine is kind of weird but here goes. My family me 55 DW 52 DS 22 and DS 15 are eating at Rose and Crown. So my wife decides she wants to order the flight of Macallan scotches they have. Comes with the 12, 15 and 18 year old. Well we are enjoying the meal and the scotch when all of a sudden DS 22 (that does not drink) grabs the 18 year old and shoots it. The look on his face afterwards was priceless (well not exactly priceless as the scotch was not cheap). I laughed and said not many 22 year olds have their first 18 year old scotch before their dad. He says he really wished I would have beat him to it. I said no wonder you moron NOBODY shoots scotch. Meanwhile my wife and other son are just staring at him like he had lost his mind. I know I will never forget it.

definitely when I was 8. it was my second trip to WDW and during that trip I fell in love with chip and dale. my lanyard had them on it, and while watching a parade I held up the lanyard when their float passed by and I waved at them. they jumped around and waved back at me and I was so happy that they noticed me. still have the picture but for some reason the site won't let me upload it.

Last edited:
Our very first day ever visiting Magic Kingdom, we had a private moment with Aladdin and Jasmine. We were walking down a side path after rope drop and no one else was around. All of a sudden Aladdin and Jasmine come up behind us and Aladdin starts playing tag with my oldest child. There was no one else around and it was a truly magicial start to our first ever WDW vacation.

My daughter is 9 going on 18, if you catch my drift. She did not want to go on our last trip. She said she hated Mickey (gasp! I know!), and that Disney World was boring, etc.
Here is the girl who didn't want to go, who wasn't going to have fun---with her Mickey Pirate ears that she bought with her own money, and as she and I were leaving MK an hour or two after the boys had tuckered out. She asked me if we could stay to ride more rides! Who am I to say no?
image.jpg image.jpg
Another picture of her on Dumbo the following day. Looks like she is being tortured, huh?

My son had been a foster child for two years (got him at birth, so he was 2 at the time). Parental rights had been terminated and we were weeks from finalizing his adoption. This was the baby boy I had dreamed of all my life. We were watching the fireworks and he was having so much fun. I was specifically watching him thinking about how lucky we both were when Jimminy Cricket said, "When you wish upon a star, your dreams really can come true." Immediately, the tears came because my dreams had come true.

During our last trip, there was a little girl in front of us waiting to meet Elsa. As she walked up to her, the little girl would not look at Elsa, put her head down and started crying. Elsa quietly went on her knees and started braiding the little girl's hair. After she was finished, the little girl flashed such a big smile and the family got tons of great pictures. Was so nice to see a moment like this.

I get choked up every time I think of my daughters seeing Cinderella Castle for the first time. You know, when you turn that corner on Main Street and BOOM there it is. I just stood there waiting for them to notice and when they did it was truly magical. I have a picture of them with their eyes wide, mouths open and pointing. Never forget it!

My sister and I took my 4 kids and her daughter when my youngest was just turned a year. It was my eldest's 8th birthday and we went for brunch to Chef Mickey's. The waitress was awesome, bringing out a cupcake and making fusses. The entire time the baby was just quietly eating large quantities of strawberries and Mickey Waffles. She pretty much ignored the fuss at the table and just sat looking at the characters as the other kids jumped and clapped and had pictures taken. All of a sudden, she looked up and froze. Her eyes went round and she opened and closed her mouth a few times. Then she tried to climb out of the highchair, pointing across the room. She all of a sudden got out a very clear "MIGGY!!" When Mickey got to our table, she was in awe.
It was hilarious. My sister and I both looked at each other with a "did you just hear that?" It was her 4th word, (after dad, mum and NO) and the start of what I assume will be a lifelong love affair!

A few of them!

1. When I saw Belle, my childhood favorite, for the first time. Instant tears- my first disney tears!

2. Watching wishes for the first time

3. Riding dumbo with my youngest who was not quite 3. He loved it & I was just thinking, this is one of the happiest, freeing moments ever....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter