Have You Ever Gotten Sick From a Disney Restaurant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that scene at the bridal shop in Bridesmaids? That was me after eating at the Yachtsman. It must have been my app as I was fine until we started getting ready to order dessert & I just started feeling off. I excused myself & walked back to the Boardwalk, although I wanted to just lay down on the walkway. I felt like I was going to die & couldn't get ahold of any family members that were still at dinner. Luckily my sister finally came to my room and helped me out. I have not returned to the Yachtman.

Cape May Cafe dinner buffet. Not me but my daughter. I didn't fee like eating seafood but my daughter ate plenty of seafood that evening. She was throwing up before we made it back to our room at Pop Century. Once she emptied her stomach of whatever seafood was off, she felt 100% better so we are pretty sure it was a food poisoning issue.

A number of years ago me and one of my sons got sick after eating at the Hop Dee Doo.....we were the only ones that had the ribs and threw up for a full day after... My wife and 2 other sons ate the fried chicken and were fine.
We've been back numerous times and never had any problems

I was sick after eating at Trattoria al Forno on the boardwalk. Mostly just sick during the night with bathroom issues and then had some stomach pains the following day. But, I refused to let it bring me down since that next day was Food and Wine day haha. After eating more I was fine thankfully, but I have been a bit afraid to revisit Trattoria which is a bummer because it actually tasted delicious!

A friend with us on that same trip though was down and out for a whole day after eating some undercooked chicken at Boma. I have since been back to boma and will continue to go because it's so good. I just think he grabbed a bad piece. Everything turned out alright in the end though and we all still had a great time!

I got deathly sick after eating at Sci Fi Diner. I spent an entire day throwing up every fifteen minutes mostly dry heaving. I lived in the bathroom. I had to tell my boyfriend to go to the ADR I made. He had to spend the whole day alone. It was awful.

I got deathly sick after eating at Sci Fi Diner. I spent an entire day throwing up every fifteen minutes mostly dry heaving. I lived in the bathroom. I had to tell my boyfriend to go to the ADR I made. He had to spend the whole day alone. It was awful.
That stinks so bad. Did you get the burger? There must be something about how they handle the food at DHS. I have only gotten sick twice at WDW and both times it was at Backlot Express. And the woman at first aid were really rude. I have seen quite a few people say that they got sick at DHS.

This whole thread has made me feel so seen lol. First day in the parks at DHS, we ate at PizzeRizzo because we placed a mobile order too late for Woody's Lunch Box, and I already have a pretty sensitive GI system, and . . . I don't know what caused it. My whole family was fine! The only difference was that I had a veggie pizza when the rest had pepperoni. I still like PizzeRizzo, so it may have just been a one-off.

you can lookup all the health inspection reports for any restaurant in Florida. Keep in mind that it's almost impossible that a heath inspector goes into any restaurant and
doesn't find something it's there job to find anything and everything even the stuff that doesn't really matter.

My husband insists he got food poisoning from Chefs De France. We ate dinner there and then walked back to our hotel at the Boardwalk and he was sick for an hour. Then he had to drive home which was 8 hours away. He said it was the worst drive ever with him pulling over to be sick on and off half the way home. I was staying at the hotel for a few more days.
He said once he was home he felt better. So who knows what it was. I ate there too and didn't get sick. I've also eaten there since and been fine.

I did get sick once after Sci-Fi Diner. And once I had the majority of the burger out of my system I felt better. I'm not sure if it was the restaurant food or if I'd just drank too much over the course of the day which was more likely. I've eaten there a couple of times since and been fine. I don't really care for their food so I don't eat there much. Too much fried food messes me up.
Not quite Chefs de France but upstairs at Monsieur Paul's....after one hour (i had the Sea Scallops) i began throwing up (5 times)....needless to say i haven't been back

5 years ago daughter and I had stomach pains and vomiting after eating at ’Ohanas - although my husband and son were fine. My daughter and I had a second serving of noodles so that’s the only thing I can think of that caused it. We were fine after a couple hours.
Last month my daughter and I did a mother/daughter trip and on one night again had a stomach pain/vomiting incident. We ate at Hollywood Brown Derby but had completely different food items (except for sharing dessert which we didn’t even finish). The only other food we shared that day was an appetizer at Ogas, but that was about 12 hours before getting sick. Unsure if it was food related or not.

I think that anyone who has had food poisoning knows it. It is different then the flu or the bug. It comes on quick and once expelled, you start to feel better pretty quick. Some bodies are better at expelling then others. For me, it comes on very, very fast and my body goes crazy trying to expel everything by any means necessary. LOL But once it is all out, I feel almost back to normal. And of course, it depends on what form of "poisoning " that you got.

Yes, Teppanyaki grill. Three out of four of us got very ill after eating there one evening.

My whole family got sick after eating at Hollywood & Vine in 2019. I was so sick the airline wouldn’t let me fly home, so I spent that day wrapped around the toilet of a cheap airport hotel.

Quick tip: 1 sp ground psyllium husk in something cold (eg yogurt) helps thicken things up (won’t stop dirhea and you shouldn’t stop dirhea as you do need to clear the bacteria otherwise it can cause organ failure).

I keep some Terramin clay on hand more for heat rash/bites (not recommended for ingestion unless emergency/last resort).

Do drink liquid IV or pedialyte.

I've eaten at Frontera Cocina twice and was very ill after both times. The food however, was amazing both times. Sadly I won't be going back considering my past experiences

We got sick the last night of our trip in January. I am thinking it was from the club lounge at Gran Destino Tower. They had meatballs out on a hot plate but I’m not sure it was really hot enough or how long they were sitting out.

Definitely not a sweet ending to our trip.

I got sick after a burger at Sci Fi diner. Like...... REALLY sick. To be fair I ordered the burger medium instead of medium-well. I should have known better, I don't think I was quite thinking straight on that one.
It is actually not legal to sell burgers not cooked through in the EU and The UK. It has to be cooked through.
I love my blue / rare steaks - but no chance would I do that with a burger - the possibility of contamination in the mincing process is way higher than steak.

It is actually not legal to sell burgers not cooked through in the EU and The UK. It has to be cooked through.
I love my blue / rare steaks - but no chance would I do that with a burger - the possibility of contamination in the mincing process is way higher than steak.
There are some US restaurants who won't agree to cook burgers less than well done.

If you do prefer less than well and are asked your preference, I've read it's safer to do that only if the burger is listed as sirloin, round or some other single beef cut. Those must be only from that cut of beef and can't have this and that scraps mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter