• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have You Ever Formally Protested or Boycotted Anything?

LOL!

I love this! Me too! I cannot come up with anything that I feel strongly enough about to boycott or protest. I see some of these marches/boycotts and just look at them with strange fascination. I have never, and most likely will never, feel so strongly about something that I feel the need to do any of that.

I do absolutely support people's rights to do these things though. It just isn't my thing.

Please explain what is "best" about this post. I want to understand. I really do.
It is the best post in my opinion. Maybe you would like to tell me what I should think. There is a lot of that going around. White males have not to my knowledge had to march or protest to get the right to vote, get paid the same for equal work, decide what to do with their bodies, where to sit when in public. I am sure there are others but those come to mind. It is hard for some people to understand unless they have experienced the situation. That is why I think that was a great post. It said all of the above with many less words.

I'm more of a "letter to the editor" kind of guy, which has morphed into some radio interviews LOL. Most of my causes aren't politically correct, so there aren't many marches involved. I've been TO a protest march (BIG one), but they were protesting something with which I agree, so I was strictly a spectator, not a participant. I don't boycott those who are publicly opposed to my ideals UNLESS they're also dishonest. You don't have to agree with me, but if you lie about me, you've crossed the line.

Again you are inaccurate. I quoted a PP then you decided to "edit" that out when you quoted me. With respect to PP protesting registering for draft, which gender (yes GENDER) of Americans were eligible for military draft? I will give you a hint:
:https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Women-And-Draft

....and the "white sheet" comment is disgusting.

Since you are referring to my post, the protest was about registration for the draft, but it was really directed at the whole build up of the military industrial complex, and whether a draft is ever "fair" as the draft has always fallen more harshly on POC and the poor. Just a fact. Somehow, the children of wealthy people always seemed to get those deferments, fallen arches and that sort of thing. A much broader cause that protecting the rights of men. Not nearly that simplistic.

It is the best post in my opinion. Maybe you would like to tell me what I should think. There is a lot of that going around. White males have not to my knowledge had to march or protest to get the right to vote, get paid the same for equal work, decide what to do with their bodies, where to sit when in public. I am sure there are others but those come to mind. It is hard for some people to understand unless they have experienced the situation. That is why I think that was a great post. It said all of the above with many less words.

I don't know if that's entirely true. There have been cases of discrimination based on heritage where both sides were white.

I've participated in Take Back the Night marches a few times, which aren't so much protests as they are rallies. I've also contacted local politicians by email and also set up appointments to meet with them to discuss issues I felt strongly about.

I don't know if that's entirely true. There have been cases of discrimination based on heritage where both sides were white.
TBH that's why I didn't understand why race was brought into it. Sure it's easy to say now we have those feelings because of how our modern lives are but we forget our history then.

Just as an example the Irish were extremely hated and discriminated upon when they came over to America in the 1800s. There was also the sentiments (edited to correct spelling) people had of those who were German (and others not of our allies but involved in the wars) after WWI and WWII. There are more examples though.

Individuals have been discrimintated against and denied things based on many factors such as ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender, etc. Race is just one variable.

*Not trying to get political just my thoughts*

Last edited:
I boycott Chick fil a, Hobby Lobby (drive by one to go to the Michael's five miles away), and Walmart.
I wanted to go to the marches Saturday with my daughters but I had a family thing that prevented it. I have gone to my Congressman's office a couple times with a group to ask questions and sent emails.

I have been on strike once & participated in several work related rallies. I am not a protester really. I feel staying informed & voting in every election is how I make my voice heard. Although apparently the system isn't always listening. :rotfl2:

I boycott Chick fil a, Hobby Lobby (drive by one to go to the Michael's five miles away), and Walmart.
I wanted to go to the marches Saturday with my daughters but I had a family thing that prevented it. I have gone to my Congressman's office a couple times with a group to ask questions and sent emails.
Really?? I go to Chic fillet any possible chance these days, specifically to counteract those that avoid it.

Than again, I double bag with plastic to make up for those who use those reusable grocery bags.

MG

Yes. Protested, Marched, Fought, and Died.
You should Google: "Revolutionary War"

I've boycotted several places over the years due to poor customer service.

I went to my first two political protests in July. And I am proud I will be able to tell my children I stood for something I believed in.

My sister and I were actually on a National news station during the march. Pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter