Have you ever been shot down by the opposite sex

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
How did you handle it ?

I have been several times, and I think Im good at it, I dont play wounded solder , but also make my exit and leave alone

1. Of course.

2. Poorly...but to be fair, I was a teenager at the time and teens aren't known for their handling of things like that well.

Depends what you consider shot down. ALike actually pursued them/ask them out and been told NO. Then no, I haven't. But then again, I haven't really asked anyone out to do be told no.

Now I have wanted more out of a relationship and been told the person wasn't interested in more than a casual relationship. Twice in fact. My last two relationships have been more casual than I would have liked.

How did I handle it? No very well. A lot of tears. A lot of music "therapy." A lot of drinking.

Depends what you consider shot down. ALike actually pursued them/ask them out and been told NO. Then no, I haven't. But then again, I haven't really asked anyone out to do be told no.

Now I have wanted more out of a relationship and been told the person wasn't interested in more than a casual relationship. Twice in fact. My last two relationships have been more casual than I would have liked.

How did I handle it? No very well. A lot of tears. A lot of music "therapy." A lot of drinking.
I haven't ever asked anyone out either. I think there are a lot of women our age that just didn't really do that.

Ugh yes. There was this guy my roommate knew. We hung out often, we flirted a lot. I finally got enough liquid courage to make a move and he was like, “whoa... You’re super cute and a great girl but I’m not interested.” :scared:
So embarrassing... I was definitely more embarrassed than hurt.

I stopped hanging out with them :snooty:

what did you do to let them know, to ask ?
I turn up the flirt.

In HS, I pretended to not understand my math class so a guy would tutor me. He said in the middle of helping me that he couldn't understand why I needed his help since I was in AP math and he was in regular math. lol He was cute, though.

I've had guys not respond to my flirting, but I've never been turned down. Ladies of my age didn't ask boys out.

Shot down? No.

But, I was never the one doing the asking.

Same. I have been disappointed by a "let's just be friends" after a couple dates - stayed cordial through the interaction, then went out with friends to drown my sorrows that night. We didn't talk for a while, but did actually become friends again that summer when we were both in the same study abroad program.

I think men get shot down a lot more often than women, especially in my age range (I'm 51) just because they usually do the asking. I think if I had to ask I'd be single forever, I'd never get the nerve up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter