Have CRO ever questioned you when you called to cancel?

*123JOANNA123*

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!
I ask this because dh phoned last night to cancel a reservation we had made at Universal's Portofino Bay and was quizzed as to why he was cancelling. I wondered if this was common practice and do Disney CRO ask the same question?

DH felt they were going to offer him a good deal if he gave them the real reason (we have a FTP booked and paid for), and didn't want to listen to the spiel, so just told them we wouldn't be travelling at all. Makes you wonder if Universal are hurting because of the FTP and are fighting back.

I had to cancel a DVC ressie and the only thing she asked if I wanted to rebook at this time.

Fortunately I've never had to cancel any other time.

No, but with the advent of this new database system that they are now using, I wouldn't be at all suprised if they start to at some time in the future. They are missing a pretty incredible opportunity for their marketing department and management if they don't.

Anne

I don't think it's that unusual. I work for an insurance company and when we have someone cancel we try to get as many details as we can for marketing research. I canceled my HSN Visa last week and they asked why. I said because they no longer give reward points and I'm now using my Disney Visa that does. Turns out it's the same bank (First USA and Bank One are actually together), they added the credit limits together on my Disney Visa.

There was a post recently from someone who was calling to cancel because they were going to stay at RPR at Universal. They called CRO to cancel and were asked why. I believe that they said because they were going to stay at RPR because they really liked it, were getting a good rate, etc.

The CM then put the person on hold and came back with an unbelievable rate for the GF.

If someone is going to cancel because of a better deal or because they think they will have a better experience somewhere else then I would tell CRO that when I call-you never know what they may say. I would also tell other hotel reservation lines that because you never know what they may be able to offer you.

I was questioned when I cancelled after they discontinued EE. I was more than happy to explain that I could stay off site considerably cheaper and it just wasn't worth the extra $$ w/o EE.

I don't think it is unreasonable for them to ask why you are cancelling. It is a great way to gain information about their product and what they can do to make the guest happy. So please, if you are questioned, don't be insulted. Tell them the truth, because it only helps you and the other guests in the long run!

We've ending up cancelling PBH for this spring (changed our dates) and last spring (decided to save $$$ and use DVC points). Both times, I was asked the reason for cancelling. I told them the entire trip was cancelled and that was the end of the conversation.

At my office (a large travel reservations center) we always ask why people are cancelling and we track it. Once a month at a meeting we use a report that lists all the cancelations and with the reasons categorized. It is very useful information. Of course the info is only good if people give the real reason. We realize that isn't always the case. If there is some sort of trend then we research it further too.
Here are some examples:
divorce
buying a house
business failing
serious illness
too expensive
changed mind
got better deal
afraid to travel
worried about terrorism

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter