• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have any of you "couples" purchased a home together?

Kevin&Randall.
watch out with berber if you have cats :cat: (nails snag) and dogs :dog: (body oils seep in and stain).
Randall

You're a Godsend Randall! My fiance and I are doing a major overhaul of our house for resale and intended on carpeting several large rooms with light colored berber. We have 6 cats and a large dog...need I say more.

Hi everyone,

The townhouse we were originally going to have built that should've been done in June, delayed it's closing by months, and since we didn't want to wait months we cancelled our contract.

We looked at a few new builds online, and then sent Dear SO's stepmom and our realtor on a massive house hunt, we sent them to 12 places in one day, they told us we better pick a place because they were tired :rolleyes:

We finally decided on a place, which we love, it's a little over 1400 sqft, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and it's in a gate golf course community with all types of homes.

Here are a few pictures of the place, we will change the paint and stuff before we move in our furniture.

We are set to close May 24th and we have our home insepection this Thursday. :thumbsup2

Our Home

Very nice! Congratulations! :thumbsup2 Good luck with the inspection - that's always the nerve-wracking part.

It looks so nice. Congratulations. Now that you're moving to FL, have you figured out how to persuade your reluctant DSO to visit WDW? Maybe you could entice her to come to the meet we're having in late '07.

Only 17 days until closing, I am a nervous wreck!

Anyone wanna come and help me pack?

Congrats on the new digs! Gabby and I bought our first home last year. It's an older home and even with all the updating that we have done and still need to do, I don't regret it at all. The best suggestion that I can offer in the process is to find a really good home inspector and follow him through the process and ASK QUESTIONS! If there are things that need to be repaired, like plumbing issues, get a reinspection done to assure that the repairs were made. The reinspection was a lesser fee than the original inspection, but that was the best $250 we spent in the process. We found that the plumber had not fixed the drip from the downstairs tub and that the newly installed dishwasher was leaking into the crawl space.

Have fun packing, planning, and dreaming. Home ownership is a dream that I didn't think that I would ever acheive, but it's really been a blessing for us and our 4 Chihuahuas and 4 cats. Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter