• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion Holiday

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
We are going over Labor Day. Is it typically up by then or not till later in September?

Yea I know it may not happen but bummer I was hoping it would be up. It was down when we were there in Feb of last year and I am not going again till 22 :(

Later, usually the Friday after Labor Day.

Of course, it may not happen this year at all. We’ll see...

Thanks for the reminder of when this usually starts, just pushed the whole trip back a week.

No guarantee it will happen this year, but since it is my wife’s absolutely favorite ride above anything else...I had to give us a chance😀

I'm wondering about all the holiday ride overlays this year. Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Jingle Cruise, etc. Hoping they will happen. :)

I'm wondering about all the holiday ride overlays this year. Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Jingle Cruise, etc. Hoping they will happen. :)
We haven't had Jingle Cruise for a few years now. They still do it at MK though.

Typically HM goes down either 2 Mondays before or the Monday before Labor Day Weekend and comes back online the Friday after Labor Day for the start of Halloweentime. Small World follows a similar schedule with the reopening being either the day holidays start at the parks or the day before. On the backend usually HM goes down the Monday following the end of the holidays and comes back up the following Friday followed by small world going down that Monday and being down till the following Friday.

I don't know if we will see the holiday layovers this year.

I don't know if we will see the holiday layovers this year.

If the speculation is to be believed (Chapek's comments re: masks and stuff + CA regulations falling off), I can't see why they wouldn't make the flip. The only thing I can think of is lack of staffing, which is kind of a toss up in September.

Okay, maybe staffing is a BIG thing... hah. Here's to hoping.

Really wanting to plan a trip to DL. It's been years since we've been. We have never seen the NBC Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. Has there been any announcements for this year. I know it typically starts in Sept, but wondering with things being not normal this year if that is still planned or expected?? Thanks 😊

Unofficial announcement, it will be starting on September 3. Ride is going down from 8/16-9/2 for the changeover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter