Has WDW added anything Wiggles at the park?

Selket

Been there - done that
Doing a search there didn't seem to be anything Wiggle related back in March at the parks. I'm just curious if anyone has seen any Wiggles shows/characters/merchandise at the parks. My 19 mo old is a big fan.

Thanks!

We are there nearly every month and have not seen anything yet. Sorry!

My little guy is a big fan too.

We were there in June and things were pretty much Wiggleless.

Ann:earsgirl:

I was hoping that the Wiggles would be performing at WDW when they were in the US on tour, but WDW isn't listed on the Wiggles official website. I did notice that the Wiggles will be in DC and Baltimore in November though.

I suppose the Wiggles make more money by selling tickets to their shows. It would be nice if they could do some kind of video for WDW like other celebrities do.

My 2 1/2 year old daughter is a Wiggles fan, also. I was really surprised that it took them so long to get merchandise out. Not until recently (past few months) could you get any Wiggles stuff in the US. When the Wiggles first came on Playhouse Disney and my daughter fell in love with them, we were ordering Wiggles stuff from Australia.

They should really sell some Wiggles stuff over near the Playhouse Disney show.

My 3 year old twins and my 6 year old love watching the Wiggles. Now, this is impressive because one of my twins is autistic and my 6 year old is ADHD and they usually don't watch alot of tv. They really love that show! When I first saw it, I thought is was so stupid, but now I sit and watch it too. My best friend and I even picked out the ones we think are hot. I like Anthony and she likes Murray, but we have the same debate over who is hotter, Steve or Joe :rolleyes: , those that have little ones know who I'm talking about:p .
When we were in toysrus last week I thought my little girl was going to have a heart attack because she saw a wiggles nightgown. I got it for her and have to keep it clean cause she has to wear it every night!

Don't know how many of you have a Big Lots (Momof3 - just noticed you're from Sav., too!), but I was at Big Lots today and they had Wiggles sandals for, I think, $3.99. They were those plastic beach type of sandals and I think they had velcro closures.

I'd even be happy with some Wiggles t-shirts at WDW. I can't find them so far and I live in a pretty big city. Thanks so much for the heads up about the Wiggles coming to DC in November. I had checked the Wiggles site but hadn't realized they had set their cities for the Nov. tour other than NYC. Guess tickets aren't on sale anywhere else for that tour except NYC. I'm definitely getting tickets.

My DS loves The Wiggles, too. I found him a couple of Wiggles t-shirts at Kids 'r Us last month when they had their 50% off clearance sale. Don't know if they still have any, but it might be worth checking.

I totally agree that The Wiggles and Disney both are missing out by not having their merchandise available. I can't figure out why the Disney Store hasn't worked out a marketing deal to have Wiggles videos and stuff in their store.

I wanted to get DS #1 a special present for when his little brother arrived, and I ordered him a Dororthy the Dinosaur off Ebay. It had to be shipped from New Zealand and it cost $26 (ouch). Sure wish I could have bought it locally!

Ok, I have to ask you since you are from this area, where is the nearest Disney Store?? I have only lived here for a year (I'm originally from Augusta, and we love this area), I looked on the DStore website and it said Hilton Head, so I called the number and the store has closed down! The nearest one according to their website would be Jacksonville, FL! Augusta is like a 2 hour drive and so is Jacksonville. Are there any closer?

kfeuer

The stuff is now available locally. I've recently seen quite a bit of toys & clothes at Kohls, Kay Bee Toys, and Borders Books.

I, too, have been waiting patiently for wiggles stuff. I've know abt them since before they came to the USA.

We were lucky enough to get 8th row concert seats last year. This year we're seeing them, too. Their concerts sell out almost immediately (NYC area).

It's just a matter of the Wiggles finding a merchandiser in the states and working with them to get the product on the shelves. It took abt 18 mths.

We have to remember too, that the Wiggles aren't Disney characters. They just have an agreement with Disney to show their shows on the Disney network.

I recently read an article about the merchandising of the Wiggles. You all will probably be happy to know that last year it was decided that the Wiggles would be "cloned" so that they can be in more than one place at once. A group in Taiwan is already on the air.

I don't know if or when they will be cloned for English-speaking countries, but I'm thinking that since it was Disney that bought the rights to "clone" the group, a Disney theme-park version can't be far behind. I'm thinking that the first US incarnation will be at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter