Has Universal or IOA ever closed early due to reaching capacity.

TaylorsDad

DIS Veteran
Has Universal or IOA ever closed early due to reaching capacity. I have been there in June a few times when I thought it was pretty busy but seeming nowhere near capacity. I am just trying to get an idea of what the actual limit is for the parks. Either way I am willing to be both parks will regularly reach capacity this summer.
Also, what is the longest you have waited in line with FOTL. I once waited nearly an hour in line at BTTF with express(or maybe it just seemed that long)

I can't remember any time recently when the parks have closed due to capacity. Of course...I'm not usually over there if it's that busy. ;)

Has Universal or IOA ever closed early due to reaching capacity. I have been there in June a few times when I thought it was pretty busy but seeming nowhere near capacity. I am just trying to get an idea of what the actual limit is for the parks. Either way I am willing to be both parks will regularly reach capacity this summer.
Also, what is the longest you have waited in line with FOTL. I once waited nearly an hour in line at BTTF with express(or maybe it just seemed that long)

45 minutes on The Mummy with no mechanical issues. Just very slow on the express line but still faster than regular line.
Also turned away from Ripsaw due to express line being so long, but that only happened once.

I want to say 2 years ago, Christmas week, Uni had to close down briefly a day or two because the parking garage hit capacity. But nowhere near as regular an occurance as at MK. All bets are off come June tho.

I want to say 2 years ago, Christmas week, Uni had to close down briefly a day or two because the parking garage hit capacity. But nowhere near as regular an occurance as at MK. All bets are off come June tho.

We will be there the week of the Grand Opening of WWOHP. When I heard from Guest Services they are expecting people to camp out at the gates a week before the opening, I worried we wouldn't get into the garage. The only way I could think of to make sure there was a spot to park our minivan was to get a hotel room. They have to have parking for on-site guests right? We arrive June 17th that is why I was worried.

We will be there the week of the Grand Opening of WWOHP. When I heard from Guest Services they are expecting people to camp out at the gates a week before the opening, I worried we wouldn't get into the garage. The only way I could think of to make sure there was a spot to park our minivan was to get a hotel room. They have to have parking for on-site guests right? We arrive June 17th that is why I was worried.

I can see people trying to camp outside the Universal Gate to get into the garage. :rotfl: if this does happen please make sure to post pictures. :thumbsup2

We arrive on the 19th and this time we are not getting a rental car, my parents will be there and we can use their vehicle if we need anything outside the resort area. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter