Has Nassau improved any since 2011?

I think it is important to remember we are visiting a foreign country and not stepping off the Monorail on to Main Street at WDW. I remember hopping in a cab in Freeport 25 years ago. That was a wild ride. Nassau was a much nicer stop back then.
I haven't been there yet but I appreciate the comments that remind us that it's a foreign country. Having traveled in many foreign countries I always find that local people respond to a friendly smile and a shake of the head. I never mind spending a few bucks on cheap souvenirs while I chat with ordinary people, eat some fun food and soak up the local color. I have some great pictures and memories from places just like this.
Honestly, the comments here just me more excited about my first cruise. I can't wait to sample some street food and buy some cheap shot glasses.

We usually get off the ship just to buy our allowed 1 ltr of Duty Free Bahamian Rum each. LOL This will be our first cruise with kids (3 years old and 20 months) so, we'll see how it goes. I'm feeling a little sketchy about leaving the ship in Nassau, but we will probably be brave and do it anyway.

I haven't been there yet but I appreciate the comments that remind us that it's a foreign country. Having traveled in many foreign countries I always find that local people respond to a friendly smile and a shake of the head. I never mind spending a few bucks on cheap souvenirs while I chat with ordinary people, eat some fun food and soak up the local color. I have some great pictures and memories from places just like this. Honestly, the comments here just me more excited about my first cruise. I can't wait to sample some street food and buy some cheap shot glasses.
I feel exactly the same. We have visited many places, even lived in Kuwait and Qatar for a couple of years, and thoroughly enjoy the experiences that learning about other cultures and countries provides. Here in the UK we wouldn't dream of grabbing someone to sell them something, but by the same token I wouldn't complain as much as I have read DCL cruisers do on these very boards. If people want others to act the way they are used to then stay at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter