• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone used Priceline Lately for Car Rental

airplane

DIS Veteran
Just curious to know what I should bid. Does 14.00 / day sound right for an economy car? That doesn't include the taxes and fees right? How much do I have to anticipate for taxes and extra fees?
TIA

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I tried a bid lately and it didn't get accepted. I'll try again later on down the line. What I did before offering a bid though, was I looked at some of the rental car sites to see what they were charging per day, tax rates and any extra fees they assess. Once I had that information, I placed my bid. So if the average price you're looking at is, let's say $20/day for economy going directly through rental sites, then chances are $14/day might be too low to bid on Priceline. Never know though, someone could take you up on your bid. Always worth a try.

I had a $10 a day bid accepted yesterday for a compact in late august for 11 days Taxes and fees nearly double that. Total was $206

I bid $14 a day for a full size for Aug 4-11. Price was excepted. Total with taxes and fees was around $156

so far my bid has not been accepted for this week at 14 / day.
I just changed my p/u time by an hour on the alamo website and my price went down 100.00! I am going to keep trying w/ priceline though...

I just used Priceline.com for the first time. I tried $9.00 per day for 14 days in early September and that was rejected. Then I went to $10.00 per day and that was accepted for a mid-size from Hertz. :cool1::banana::cool1:

Wow, you did great at $10/day! :cool1:

I just used Priceline.com for the first time. I tried $9.00 per day for 14 days in early September and that was rejected. Then I went to $10.00 per day and that was accepted for a mid-size from Hertz. :cool1::banana::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter