• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone seen both paradise cove Luao and new Aulani one?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone has seen both luaos?
I know they prob have some kinks to work out but wondering if Aulani is superior to paradise cove?
Thanks
Kerri

I haven't seen the Aulani one but I know I really didn't like the paradise cove one when we went about 4 years ago. It was just OK at best. There are many others that have a better show and food. I recommend the Polynesian Culture Center if you want an amazing show (not too traditional but amazing all the same). I also have friends that went to the Germaines Luau and really liked it. Also if you have access the one at the Hale Koa is pretty good.

We sat with a couple who lived on Oahu when we saw the one at Aulani and that couple had been to two other luau on Oahu. I think they said Paradise Cove and the Cultural Center were the two places they had been... they said the Disney one was the best they had seen. We were very happy with the Aulani show. It was so convenient. The food was good and the overall show was very entertaining.

Aulani does not always have luau. They only have it on Wednesdays and Saturdays. When I called to book it for 2/22, they apparently have some special event; therefore, no luau on that day.

I haven't seen the Aulani one but I know I really didn't like the paradise cove one when we went about 4 years ago. It was just OK at best. There are many others that have a better show and food. I recommend the Polynesian Culture Center if you want an amazing show (not too traditional but amazing all the same). I also have friends that went to the Germaines Luau and really liked it. Also if you have access the one at the Hale Koa is pretty good.
Probably not renting a car so Culture center out plus no alcohol8-) Is Germaines far?
We sat with a couple who lived on Oahu when we saw the one at Aulani and that couple had been to two other luau on Oahu. I think they said Paradise Cove and the Cultural Center were the two places they had been... they said the Disney one was the best they had seen. We were very happy with the Aulani show. It was so convenient. The food was good and the overall show was very entertaining.
Wow this is what I want to hear. Works with me just immersing myself in Aulani.
did you get the VIP package? Was it a full open bar or just beer and wine?
Very interested in this?
Aulani does not always have luau. They only have it on Wednesdays and Saturdays. When I called to book it for 2/22, they apparently have some special event; therefore, no luau on that day.
Yikes that is good to know. That would mean Wed is my only option.(Staying Sun- Fri) Which happens to be my birthday which would be cool
Thanks
Kerri

Last edited:
Probably not renting a car so Culture center out plus no alcohol8-) Is Germaines far? /QUOTE]

It isn't too far, only about 6 miles from Aulani however it sounds like the Aulani will be your best bet. ENJOY!! My parents and girls will be in Hawaii starting Jan 29th and I am super jealous :)

Try and sneak into their suitcases. Really stinks when work gets in the way.
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter