Has anyone rode the new Dinosaur ride after refurb

csgsu

DIS Veteran
Has anything changed at all? we went in Oct and was under refurb I posted the video from when we went if anyone is interested but have never ridden the Dinosaur ride and was wondering how it is

Most obvious changes are in the queue. Unless you are a rabid fan, you will not notice changes in the ride itself.

Most obvious changes are in the queue. Unless you are a rabid fan, you will not notice changes in the ride itself.

Agreed, the majority of guests will not notice any significant changes in the ride itself. Diehards will pick up on a few minor changes.

It's the same exact track layout. It's a fun ride

I've heard this before but it's so hard for be to visualize. Are there areas on Dinosaur that are partitioned into smaller scenes, as opposed to Indy which is more open?

I've heard this before but it's so hard for be to visualize. Are there areas on Dinosaur that are partitioned into smaller scenes, as opposed to Indy which is more open?

I'd imagine. I've never been to Disneyland so I haven't been on the Indiana jones ride. Dinosaur has a bunch of open scenes but I'm sure the different scenery makes it feel like a completely different ride.

Believe it was on this board that someone posted the track layouts on top of each other and it showing their identical

Yes, in Dinosaur you're riding along a pathway through dense jungle rather than through large open caverns or temples as on Indiana Jones. I was actually startled at how open IJ felt compared to Dinosaur which feels very closed in to me.

And I agree that IJ is better!

Even though the track is the same Indiana Jones ride is far superior. To me the ride and scenes are more in sync with each other and there is more to see. The dinosaur ride is in a dark jungle with very little to see other than a few dinosaurs. I didn't notice much difference between the refurbed ride over the other.

I just rode it last week and it seemed exactly the same to me. I did fastpass it, so didn't see the regular queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter