Has anyone obsessingly searched for an ADR...

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
then when you see it you scroll right past it, then a minute later realize what you just did and by the time you go back its gone?? :sad::sad::sad: A coral reef or le collier should not be this hard! >:(

Touring Plans has a feature that makes it easier to find ADRs. I subscribe but haven't used it, I think you get an alert when an opening comes up for a restaurant you're trying to book. Others here have commented that they thought it worked great.

I agree touring plans dining reservation finder rocks! This morning I got a 'Ohana AND BOG. Unfortunately, the notifications came at 3:00AM! But I will take it...

I was not able to monitor my phone frequently enough to make the TP notifications work for me, so I just started randomly checking a couple times a day and was able to get BOG lunch in less than a week of looking. Good luck - you can get what you want eventually...

I was able to get BOG Dinner, 'Ohana Dinner, Beaches and Cream, Tusker House Lunch, GG PPO Breakfast and Akershus Lunch all with the help of the TP Reservations Finder. I swear by it!!!

I've done that and had my phone decide to freeze up. By the time I got it up and running of course it was gone. The good thing is I eventually found another one. Keep looking! :)

Touring Plans has a feature that makes it easier to find ADRs. I subscribe but haven't used it, I think you get an alert when an opening comes up for a restaurant you're trying to book. Others here have commented that they thought it worked great.

I signed up for this a few days ago, but I also continue to check the app about 100 times a day. There does seem to be quite a delay from when the ADR comes up to when they actually notify you, so if using it I wouldn't rely upon it entirely. I found a CP time on the app but it was a little earlier than I wanted so I didn't book it. About 4 hours after it first popped up, I got the text from TP that it was available. It was gone by that time.

For me the obsessive hunt, in the end took away from the magic..and set the restaurant up for failure..I had such sky high expectations after all that that I felt let down with reality. I avoided it completely this trip and it was lovely not fussing over it

Thanks for this info for TP dining reservations help. My last trip I used Disney dining buddy. It worked on the same principle. I loved it.

I hesitated a few minutes on a breakfast ADR for Garden Grill about a week out from my trip. When I decided to go for it, it was already gone. I kept checking and finally snagged it the day before I left. I am glad because it was one of my favorite trip breakfasts.

Touring Plans might work for some. But I've had it searching for a reservation for weeks. Still nothing.

I've not missed it, it just isn't there.

I personally do not believe there is a restaurant at WDW worth obsession.

We have a few we really like but if we don't get we don't get.

I signed up for this a few days ago, but I also continue to check the app about 100 times a day. There does seem to be quite a delay from when the ADR comes up to when they actually notify you, so if using it I wouldn't rely upon it entirely. I found a CP time on the app but it was a little earlier than I wanted so I didn't book it. About 4 hours after it first popped up, I got the text from TP that it was available. It was gone by that time.

It doesn't search continuously, but randomly. It basically is the same as you checking randomly. So I'm not surprised that it missed some. But for me, it's better than being OBSESSED with checking. I got a PPO BOG from it so I am happy! I just happened to be looking at my phone when the text came in. If you aren't, you will probably miss it. Some people may be searching for the exact same thing you are

Just wait until you are onsite and search the day before or day of. We got Ohana and Via Napoli same day on our trip a few weeks ago after searching daily for 2 months ahead of the trip. People cancel and practically every restaurant has same day or next day availability.

I hesitated a few minutes on a breakfast ADR for Garden Grill about a week out from my trip. When I decided to go for it, it was already gone. I kept checking and finally snagged it the day before I left. I am glad because it was one of my favorite trip breakfasts.

What made it one of your favorites? We have it scheduled for lunch, but I considered replacing it if given the chance.

Yep, still searching several times a day for a pre-park opening BOG on Saturday 11/26. I saw one when I was first planning but we had originally decided to not do ADR's this trip. Then I changed my mind, of course for a holiday weekend, there is NOTHING now. I keep trying though. I know chances are slim to none, but it cant hurt to keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter