Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Anyone know the best way to make a reservation for 9? TIA!
In January we got an advanced reservation for a party of 8 at Lamp Light Lounge. When I checked in from my phone it let me add up to 1 more then. They ended up seating us in their private “VIP” room it was an awesome experience. (We actually had 10 and one of us was going to leave with the youngest if it was going to be an issue, but there ended up being plenty of room).

I am not sure if the option to add the 9th was specific to Lamplight Lounge or if other places have the option to add an a extra person at check in too?

You could try splitting and having 2 people with different accounts try to book 2 tables in the same window and check in at the same time maybe?

In January we got an advanced reservation for a party of 8 at Lamp Light Lounge. When I checked in from my phone it let me add up to 1 more then. They ended up seating us in their private “VIP” room it was an awesome experience. (We actually had 10 and one of us was going to leave with the youngest if it was going to be an issue, but there ended up being plenty of room).

I am not sure if the option to add the 9th was specific to Lamplight Lounge or if other places have the option to add an a extra person at check in too?

You could try splitting and having 2 people with different accounts try to book 2 tables in the same window and check in at the same time maybe?
Thank you!!! Really appreciate that!

Hi all.

Any thoughts on the best way to get a last minute but not walk up (March 11, 12, or 13) character breakfast res for 4 for the Plaza Inn? We just finally made our decision that we feel ok going on our trip, we booked our tickets and park reservations. Now im realizing it's prob too late to get a res? Any help is appreciated!

Hi all.

Any thoughts on the best way to get a last minute but not walk up (March 11, 12, or 13) character breakfast res for 4 for the Plaza Inn? We just finally made our decision that we feel ok going on our trip, we booked our tickets and park reservations. Now im realizing it's prob too late to get a res? Any help is appreciated!
Continue random searches up to your dates. Reservations get dropped. I like to search by times across the days that I’m going instead of the breakfast, lunch, and dinner searching to get better results.

I just booked the last three days and was able to get Lamplught Lounge Brunch, Oga’s and Blue Bayou for 8 people without doing 2 separate reservations. I was on the app the second it ticked to 6am. These were on separate days. For California Grill I needed 2 reservations 15 min apart. Hope everyone has good luck and able to hop on the app at the 60 day mark (I had an alarm on my phone not to forget!)

For a party of 9, if I am able to make two ADRs for 5 + 4. Could I then call and ask to combine them into one party of 9? Anyone tried this?

For a party of 9, if I am able to make two ADRs for 5 + 4. Could I then call and ask to combine them into one party of 9? Anyone tried this?
When I have done this in the past, I had to actually go to the podium of the restaurant and request it. I would check in a little earlier than normal to allow them adequate time to accommodate my party, but have had my request met every time.

I am confused. The app says I can book 4/20 today and the website says I can book only through 4/19. Do you have any idea what this discrepancy is about? I need to start booking for 4/21 which would either be tomorrow or Monday depending...??

I am confused. The app says I can book 4/20 today and the website says I can book only through 4/19. Do you have any idea what this discrepancy is about? I need to start booking for 4/21 which would either be tomorrow or Monday depending...??
I booked 4/20 today.

Use an incognito browser window or clear your cookies.

I had all kinds of glitches using my app to book dining today for our April visit. I used the browser instead of my app and when I selected April 21 availability for Blue Bayou, above lunch and dinner hours it says refurbishment. I am wondering if Blue Bayou will be closing for the Pirates refurbishment?! 😩😭
Screenshot_20220220-065849_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I had all kinds of glitches using my app to book dining today for our April visit. I used the browser instead of my app and when I selected April 21 availability for Blue Bayou, above lunch and dinner hours it says refurbishment. I am wondering if Blue Bayou will be closing for the Pirates refurbishment?! 😩😭
They had BB reservervations avaliable up until April 20th, so it's definitely not down for the entire refurbishment. Assuming that's the first day it's closed, we'll just have to wait and see if it's just that day or something longer.

They had BB reservervations avaliable up until April 20th, so it's definitely not down for the entire refurbishment. Assuming that's the first day it's closed, we'll just have to wait and see if it's just that day or something longer.
Yes, I've seen they have been available. I am just sad that it looks like it may be closing on our arrival day :( Bummer! To be honest, with Pirates being closed I feel tempted to postpone my trip! lol

I saw where someone else in the thread was having trouble with Carnation Cafe for April and now... me too? Haven't had any issues with my other ADRs for this trip and I get alerts, so it's not like I missed them this morning, I think they just didn't open up for April 22nd yet. Hopefully, this isn't a bad sign and they're just dropping late. It's mom's favorite place and she'll be so disappointed if we can't get in. (I checked my e-mails from my December trip, and Carnation dropped at 59 days instead of 60 then, so I'm just gonna try to be chill about it.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter