Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I have had horrible luck getting dining reservations😢. What is the best app to use for reservation alerts?😊
TIA!
I have both Mouse Watcher and Mouse Dining. I get the Mouse Watcher notifications about 5 minutes before the Mouse dining notifications, but in either case, have had time to book whatever was available. I do have the paid version, not sure if that makes a difference.

Update on Mouse Dining, I got an email from them telling me that I didn't set up my alerts right. That you should set your alerts for all day so select Dinner, and Lunch and Breakfast. Then refine after you get one ressie. This worked, and was able to get Oga's yesterday.

Last edited:
I have both Mouse Watcher and Mouse Dining. I get the Mouse Watcher notifications about 5 minutes before the Mouse dining notifications, but in either case, have had time to book whatever was available. I do have the paid version, not sure if that makes a difference.
THANK YOU!! I'm signing up!

I've used Mouse Watcher and Mouse Dining frequently for WDW before started needing it for DL... Mouse Watcher, in my experience, always notified me first and was the reason I'd end up with all the reservations I wanted. But oof, it gets pricey! Was $14 to set up a Blue Bayou alert for Thanksgiving Day since it's so far out.... it'll be worth it if I can snag one when the day opens up tho.

I found Mouse Dining incredibly helpful when I didn't get the time I wanted for our Sept weekend visit. But it was quick. I've only done the free alerts because it's not that big of a deal for us. It was a matter of preference. I'd pay if I really wanted it.

I did miss the Friday at 10pm alert for Blue Bayou mid November dates. I can't say if there was a delay in the alert. My alert was emailed at 10:09 pm for then 11/13 weekend. It was my fault... I didn't check my email til 12m. The one time I actually had plans on a Friday night during this pandemic! ha! oh well!

I've used Mouse Watcher and Mouse Dining frequently for WDW before started needing it for DL... Mouse Watcher, in my experience, always notified me first and was the reason I'd end up with all the reservations I wanted. But oof, it gets pricey! Was $14 to set up a Blue Bayou alert for Thanksgiving Day since it's so far out.... it'll be worth it if I can snag one when the day opens up tho.
I'm going to try out the free option with Mouse Watcher to see if I can get a dinner reservation at Blue Bayou on Tuesday 12/7 for my husbands birthday, and the start of our honeymoon trip. Fingers crossed!

I found Mouse Dining incredibly helpful when I didn't get the time I wanted for our Sept weekend visit. But it was quick. I've only done the free alerts because it's not that big of a deal for us. It was a matter of preference. I'd pay if I really wanted it.

I did miss the Friday at 10pm alert for Blue Bayou mid November dates. I can't say if there was a delay in the alert. My alert was emailed at 10:09 pm for then 11/13 weekend. It was my fault... I didn't check my email til 12m. The one time I actually had plans on a Friday night during this pandemic! ha! oh well!

I missed that one too, but I am on the east coast and was passed out when it came through since it was 1:00 AM my time. I reset them just in case but at this point will just try for the same day standby list.

I’m going to be dropping Carnation Cafe for 10/7 at 12:50 for 4 guests. I’ll do it here in about 30 minutes (approx 11am) if anyone wants to try and pick it up.

updating - cancelled reservation!

Last edited:
Okay I confess I didn't go back and read all 80+ pages but I wanted to verify something. So my 60 day window opened today, but restaurant schedules aren't available and looks like they are about 6 days behind. Do I just keep checking daily or have they consistently been about 6 days behind? Also, I do have some alerts set up with mouse watcher but I would also like to figure out when I should be looking. Thanks!

Okay I confess I didn't go back and read all 80+ pages but I wanted to verify something. So my 60 day window opened today, but restaurant schedules aren't available and looks like they are about 6 days behind. Do I just keep checking daily or have they consistently been about 6 days behind? Also, I do have some alerts set up with mouse watcher but I would also like to figure out when I should be looking. Thanks!
Yes, keep checking, no not consistently 6 days behind. They've been doing drops of several days/weeks for most restaurants, but it doesn't happen all at the same time.

You could have a group of restaurants release next week, another group the week after and another group the week after that. There's not any real consistency other than being inconsistent.

Yes, keep checking, no not consistently 6 days behind. They've been doing drops of several days/weeks for most restaurants, but it doesn't happen all at the same time.

You could have a group of restaurants release next week, another group the week after and another group the week after that. There's not any real consistency other than being inconsistent.
Thank you! I'll double check my alerts and hope those come through for me too.

Ain't that the truth! The type A in me is dying.
I'm glad I only had to deal with that once 🤣. As much fun as planning a trip can be, as well as the internal shot of dopamine when you finally book that necessary reservation, it'll be nice when we plan our next trip to focus more on counter service restaurants! Lol. Then it's just day of, can we order food for the time we need to eat.

Both DH and I have been checking multi times a day for right before and after Thanksgiving and have not seen ONE reservation available. Nothing. Nothing available for any place! This is the only thing we ever see EXACTLY shown:

"Sorry, there aren't any reservations available for Dinner. Please try a different date, time or party size. Or choose another restaurant"

...outside Disneyland Resort.

My thoughts on the rest of the last sentence as it's lacking any punctuation! :rotfl2:

Both DH and I have been checking multi times a day for right before and after Thanksgiving and have not seen ONE reservation available. Nothing. Nothing available for any place! This is the only thing we ever see EXACTLY shown:

"Sorry, there aren't any reservations available for Dinner. Please try a different date, time or party size. Or choose another restaurant"

...outside Disneyland Resort.

My thoughts on the rest of the last sentence as it's lacking any punctuation! :rotfl2:

Yeah, me too. I am there the follwoing Sunday and Monday, and there is NOTHING. That's not typical right. I checked right at 60 days too. I don't necessarily have to have a sit-down meal, but I'd like the option.

Well, I caved and set up Mouse Watcher alerts for early December. Paid for the monthly subscription. I mostly want Blue Bayou and Oga's, like everyone else :P. But I figured it will be safe to have set it for my other desired places too--Carnation Cafe, Lamplight Lounge, and Savi's Workshop. Does anyone know if Savi's gets super booked up quickly? If it doesn't...I wonder if I should switch out that alert for a different place.

Well, I caved and set up Mouse Watcher alerts for early December. Paid for the monthly subscription. I mostly want Blue Bayou and Oga's, like everyone else :P. But I figured it will be safe to have set it for my other desired places too--Carnation Cafe, Lamplight Lounge, and Savi's Workshop. Does anyone know if Savi's gets super booked up quickly? If it doesn't...I wonder if I should switch out that alert for a different place.
Savi's doesn't seem to book up like some other places; my friend and I each made midday reservations (special gifts for our sons' 10th bdays) only two weeks out, with what looked like plenty of availability.

Savi's doesn't seem to book up like some other places; my friend and I each made midday reservations (special gifts for our sons' 10th bdays) only two weeks out, with what looked like plenty of availability.
Thanks! I'll swap Savi's for Trader Sam's...when I booked these alerts yesterday I didn't even think of Trader Sam's and we definitely want to go there...I would imagine that's one of the others that books up fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter