Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I seriously can't wrap my head around this. I have been to 5 star gourmet buffets in Vegas that cost less.
Vegas usually isn’t looking to make money off their buffet and even some of their middle of the road restaurants. Their goal is to keep you on property and not even thinking about leaving.

Disney would prefer to make money everywhere, and especially extra money if they can add some kind of “exclusive” qualifier to it like character meal. (Yes characters are NOT back at this location, but they seem to have kept their standard pricing regardless)

Last edited:
Vegas usually isn’t looking to make money off their buffet and even some of their middle of the road restaurants. Their goal is to keep you on property and not even thinking about leaving.

Disney would prefer to make money everywhere, and especially extra money if they can add some kind of “exclusive” qualifier to it like character meal. (Yes characters are back at this location, but they seem to have kept their standard pricing regardless)
Characters are not back at this location.

Today, in theory, should've been my last day getting up at 3 a.m. for reservations. I've booked about 50% of what we hoped/planned for so far.

Still tracking Napa Rose, Oga's Cantina, Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge for the week of Oct. 11-15. Has anyone been able to snag reservations for those locations in October? (I haven't received any alerts re: these reservations.)

I was able to book Carthay Circle, Plaza Inn (late window, yay!) and Craftsman Grill - plus Savi's, in case that's helpful for anyone else.

I’m new to this, but just curious how you set up alerts for reservation openings? Thanks!

I'm using Mouse Dining, which has been very helpful to date! Very simple to set up. You can choose to be notified by text, email or both. It's free to track up to six reservation. For six+, there is a monthly fee.

Today, in theory, should've been my last day getting up at 3 a.m. for reservations. I've booked about 50% of what we hoped/planned for so far.

Still tracking Napa Rose, Oga's Cantina, Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge for the week of Oct. 11-15. Has anyone been able to snag reservations for those locations in October? (I haven't received any alerts re: these reservations.)

I was able to book Carthay Circle, Plaza Inn (late window, yay!) and Craftsman Grill - plus Savi's, in case that's helpful for anyone else.

I have a reservation for LL for the first week of October. Have not ben able to get Oga's or BB yet though.

Is 3 am when reservations are open? I’m to far to book anything yet,but I get up before that for work so I figure I can check then!

I'm using Mouse Dining, which has been very helpful to date! Very simple to set up. You can choose to be notified by text, email or both. It's free to track up to six reservation. For six+, there is a monthly fee.
How do you set it to get text alerts? I'm only offered email. Is that because I'm using the free version?

Is 3 am when reservations are open? I’m to far to book anything yet,but I get up before that for work so I figure I can check then!
Generally, ish. 3 a.m. PT is when things are “supposed” to drop but, as the chain suggests, nothing is happening how it's supposed to. Reservations are also supposed to open 60 days in advance ... and that's not guaranteed either. It was a bit spotty prior to the pandemic but it’s been disappointingly organized since reopening.

Generally, ish. 3 a.m. PT is when things are “supposed” to drop but, as the chain suggests, nothing is happening how it's supposed to. Reservations are also supposed to open 60 days in advance ... and that's not guaranteed either. It was a bit spotty prior to the pandemic but it’s been disappointingly organized since reopening.
Thank you! I haven’t been since 2016. Everything is new to me now lol

How do you set it to get text alerts? I'm only offered email. Is that because I'm using the free version?
Everything below is on a desktop, in Chrome.

I log into my account and click Account on the top nav. Then I select Manage, in the left-hand menu. It will then show you Alert Methods. I added texts there. :earsboy:

Has anyone heard when Carnation Cafe reservations might come online? They open September 16 while we are at the parks!

Heck, haven't been able to get Napa even in late September yet. Wonder what they are waiting on.

I was able to get Lamplight Lounge for Oct 9th but not sure about 11th and beyond. Still have not seen Oga's open, and I have an alert set with a different app.

Heck, haven't been able to get Napa even in late September yet. Wonder what they are waiting on.

I called Napa Rose directly and they said reservations are only open through Sept. 15 - aside from Chef's Table. The cast member wasn't sure when reservations would open beyond that ... so strange!

I was able to get Lamplight Lounge for Oct 9th but not sure about 11th and beyond. Still have not seen Oga's open, and I have an alert set with a different app.

I feel like Lamplight is a hot ticket right now ... glad you were able to get it on Oct. 9! Did it open after the 60-day window or right at 60 days?

I feel like Lamplight is a hot ticket right now ... glad you were able to get it on Oct. 9! Did it open after the 60-day window or right at 60 days?
IIRC it was not at exactly 60 days/3am but soon after. Maybe 59 days and there were a few time options. I've been chasing reservations for a full week now so its all blending together.
They may have released like a week at a time - there weren't times posted for the days before so I think they all dropped at once.

I called Napa Rose directly and they said reservations are only open through Sept. 15 - aside from Chef's Table. The cast member wasn't sure when reservations would open beyond that ... so strange!
Chef's Table is an amazing experience - if anyone is looking for a special celebration. DH and I did it for a date night several years ago and it was so worth it.
There was a family with very well behaved dressed up little girls doing the same - super cute.

IIRC it was not at exactly 60 days/3am but soon after. Maybe 59 days and there were a few time options. I've been chasing reservations for a full week now so its all blending together.
In the same boat, totally get it. Thank you for the info!

Just keep checking, just keep checking, just keep checking, checking, checking ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter