• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

has anyone gotten divorced to move to FL?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
theres a chance I may be getting divorced in the very near future and moving to FL
any tips on making the transition any easier?

theres a chance I may be getting divorced in the very near future and moving to FL
any tips on making the transition any easier?

I don't know if I have any tips to make it easier...but I got divorced and moved down here. My mother lived here and I had her, but the transition was interesting.
I'm not sure what your current situation is now, but if you need a friend to chat with, you can PM me..
:grouphug: Big hugs to you...good luck with everything.

I remember a DISer who actually did this.
She was sort of "addicted" to WDW and vacationed there a lot-like for weeks at a time-at the Swan
She ended up leaving her DH (and her kids with him) and worked at WDW driving on The AK Safari ride.

:confused3

We just saw them for the first time at WDW-after 12 + trips there-they were good!:thumbsup2

I'm recently divorced and it stinks! I couldn't imagine moving at this point but if you can more power to you! Divorce stinks!!!!:guilty: :sad1:

I'm sorry that you might be getting divorced especially if you have kids. My boys are with my ex/their dad this weekend. Thankfully I get them for Thanksgiving. It's no fun and I wish you the best!

Okay, divorce is one thing. Divorcing to move to Fla so you can go to WDW more is just plain crazy. . .lol. Having been divorced I know this is a hard thing. . .

Okay, divorce is one thing. Divorcing to move to Fla so you can go to WDW more is just plain crazy. . .lol. Having been divorced I know this is a hard thing. . .

I agree. I think the joy and fun some people have at WDW creates a false reality that they wish they could go to WDW every day and their life would be perfect-ya know?

That is what happened to that person I mentioned-I can't imagine giving up seeing my kids every day or week(hers were middle school age-lived up North) in order to run a WDW ride every day and earn a "so-so, but not that great salary":confused3

I live in south Florida and there is a sense of "vacation/paradise" when people relocate here. They are usually dissapointed when they realize that living here is much different than vactioning here. The name of your thread states Gotten divorced TO move to FL? Not sure if this is accurate but if that is the reason for the divorce (to live in Florida) then I would rethink.

As much as I LOVE disney moving to be closer to it can't compare to the thrill of a vacation there. Think traffic, work, grocery shopping, hurricanes, etc (normal everyday life) and you have a picture of LIVING here. Think magical moments, clean surroundings, fantasy and you have a picture of disney getaway. Neither the two shall meet.

I *just* started the divorce process and have flirted with the idea of moving to FL with my dog. But then I realize the economy sucks just about everywhere and the last thing I need ontop of the stress of my marriage ending is finding a place to live, a new job, and trying to find a salon to help me deal with my hair in a humid state like Florida. :)

Anyway, maybe I'll move there some day. I'm only 26 so I know I have plenty of time to make that decision.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide!!

I guess it depends on what kind of support system you have in Florida. If you'll pretty much be 'on your own' then I say don't do it. Making a move to someplace so distant from where you are now is hard enough when you have a support system. But, to do it, alone, on top of a divorce...well, I certainly wouldn't do it.
I am planning on moving down to Florida when my dd gets through college, with my dh. But, I can't imagine divorcingand them making such a drastic move.
If you have family there, then it may be okay. But, I have to tell you.....central Florida and Orlando are not 'WDW'....WDW is fantasy..Orlando is no different than any other major city...crime, griminess, homelessness...all the regular city issues, maybe more since it's so warm. You don't have the cold weather to alleviate some of the crime. At least up north the crime rate drops when it gets to 35 degrees!!

I certainly would hope that you aren't thinking of divorce as a way to get to Orlando. Kind of a harsh choice to make, for kids that are involved.

Because of coming to wdw solo ive met several local people. When I was here in Sept I met someone and now not sure where my feelings lie - right now Im thinking definately down here. My marriage hasnt been happy for quite a long time, we were just coasting along. Whats holding me back is not wanting to move on my own, needing that support system.
Ive been staying in a town about 30min drive from WDW, getting over there about every other day. So yes I do know living in FL isnt just going to Disney.

Because of coming to wdw solo ive met several local people. When I was here in Sept I met someone and now not sure where my feelings lie - right now Im thinking definately down here. My marriage hasnt been happy for quite a long time, we were just coasting along. Whats holding me back is not wanting to move on my own, needing that support system.
Ive been staying in a town about 30min drive from WDW, getting over there about every other day. So yes I do know living in FL isnt just going to Disney.

I do hope you find happiness. Living in a unhappy marriage is a difficult thing. I hope things work out wherever you want them to! :goodvibes

Typically I would be thinking none of my business, stay out of it but ieyiyi.....cant keep quiet with this post and since you invited comment.
At first I thought you were saying you were getting divorced and wanted a change of scenery so you were thinking of moving to Fl...and I have to agree with others who posted that without family etc there then it would be one stress on top of another stress and I would wait let life calm down get my life together and then if the idea of moving to Fl was still as attractive I would go for it..however this is now what I read...
"I have been unhappy with my marrage, have been going to Fl solo, found some one who floats my boat for whatever reason and so now I am ready to dump everything , includingmy marriage to move to Fl to be with someone whom I really dont know from Adam..."
If you are unhappy with your marriage then do one of 2 things, work on it and make it better or get a divorce and get your life together and find YOU first. Until you find "you" and know that you can live a life alone you are just trading one set of problems for a whole other set. I am curious as to how old you are. I am just saying think and let your head rule this decision and not your libido. Is it possible this fantasy could work? yes by some miracle but its not likely. Obviously something is lacking in your relationship with your spouse but I definitly dont see this as the answer.

So you met someone is FL in September and you want to leave your spouse to go there? You are headed for disaster my friend. Disaster.

Go for it. You only live once. Get out of the unhappy marriage. It wont last with this person but if Florida is where your heart is. Go.

I will probably be the only one to post this way. But heck do it. Dont look back with regrets. Move on. Live.

Go for it. You only live once. Get out of the unhappy marriage. It wont last with this person but if Florida is where your heart is. Go.

I will probably be the only one to post this way. But heck do it. Dont look back with regrets. Move on. Live.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hhaha, Carrie...you know how to bring a chuckle and one thing is for certain it wont last with the person in Florida...
So in other words, no sympathy coming from Carrie , if you want to screw your life up. hey go for it:lmao: In one sense I completely agree but the mothering side of me has to say WTH are you thinking, snap out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! One guarantee is that 'the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence' Take that from me, I am old......lol

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Hhaha, Carrie...you know how to bring a chuckle and one thing is for certain it wont last with the person in Florida...
So in other words, no sympathy coming from Carrie , if you want to screw your life up. hey go for it:lmao: In one sense I completely agree but the mothering side of me has to say WTH are you thinking, snap out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!! One guarantee is that 'the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence' Take that from me, I am old......lol

I just think staying in a marriage for the ease of it, or for the kids or for any other reason is wrong. If you are so unhappy leaving crosses your mind even once, or you leave once and come back. Go. Stay gone. The other person is better off without you. They deserve someone better. Not someone who wants to leave, or has left, and came back. Your only going to mess that person up even more. And that person will be "damaged" for a long time.

And you deserve more. You deserve to be happy. If Florida makes you happy go. She is young if I remember correctly with her whole life ahead of her.

Frig it all and go. Do it. Take the chance. The relationship is a rebound. And we all know how well those work. Someone will get used... someone will get hurt. Life hurts us all at one point. Take the leap.

I just think staying in a marriage for the ease of it, or for the kids or for any other reason is wrong. If you are so unhappy leaving crosses your mind even once, or you leave once and come back. Go. Stay gone. The other person is better off without you. They deserve someone better. Not someone who wants to leave, or has left, and came back. Your only going to mess that person up even more. And that person will be "damaged" for a long time.

And you deserve more. You deserve to be happy. If Florida makes you happy go. She is young if I remember correctly with her whole life ahead of her.

Frig it all and go. Do it. Take the chance. The relationship is a rebound. And we all know how well those work. Someone will get used... someone will get hurt. Life hurts us all at one point. Take the leap.

Whoa girl....lol...go back and read what I wrote...I am all for getting out of a marriage if it sucks and is beyond fixing...I never advocate staying anywhere you are miserable....Where I think the foolishness comes in at is leaving your spouse because of someone else, because that IS a rebound relationship. I am just saying, either fix your marriage or get a divorce, THEN find you, BEFORE you jump into another relationship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter