Has anyone ever seen the same people on different cruises?

familyfundisneyway

Earning My Ears
Our first cruise was 2012 in Feb. on the Dream.When we had our muster drill we were beside a family with 2 young children.In 2013 we sailed out of Miami on the Wonder in Jan.When we lined up for the muster drill guess who filed in beside us!?The same family!This time they had 2 older girls with them along with their two youngest.My oldest son also recognized them.I remember that they did not speak English but could not stop from asking the Mom if they were on the Dream last year.She said si si and seemed to remember us?In 2 weeks we will be leaving on the Fantasy if during the muster drill they line up beside us again I will faint lol.My son is in his second year of Spanish so we will see how much hes learned:thumbsup2

Not quite the same thing, but we did run into our tablemates from our November 2012 Wonder Cruise at Disneyland this past August. (I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised because I had asked them on the cruise if they ever went in August and they said they always did.)

Our first cruise was 2012 in Feb. on the Dream.When we had our muster drill we were beside a family with 2 young children.In 2013 we sailed out of Miami on the Wonder in Jan.When we lined up for the muster drill guess who filed in beside us!?The same family!This time they had 2 older girls with them along with their two youngest.My oldest son also recognized them.I remember that they did not speak English but could not stop from asking the Mom if they were on the Dream last year.She said si si and seemed to remember us?In 2 weeks we will be leaving on the Fantasy if during the muster drill they line up beside us again I will faint lol.My son is in his second year of Spanish so we will see how much hes learned:thumbsup2

Well, on our Med cruise we saw a couple that we had taken our very first cruise with (we were seated at dinner together on that first cruise). And another couple from that same first cruise we were already linked with for our transatlantic cruise.

We were seated with the same couple on our December 2012 cruise that we were seated with on our December 2011 cruise.

A couple who shared our dinner table on our DCL Panama Canal cruise were also on our DCL Hawaii cruise.

Not on DCL, but my retired parents see the same people over and over on their cruises. They made great friends with one couple from another state. They now vacation together to other places and make several weeklong visits a year to each others home. I like to tease them about the weirdness of this.

We met a couple on the Fantasy in 2013 and sailed with them again (purposefully, lol) in 2014 on the Magic. This year we will be sailing Oasis of the Seas with them. :)

My hubby met his best friends on a cruise. Other than that, I've never recognised any passengers!

Crazy, but that happened to us with 2 different families.
One of the families we are going to be on the same cruise with them for the 3rd time. That's crazy!!
Since we go the same time every year, it's probably just good timing for all of us.

There were several people on our 2014 EBPC that I recognised from the 2013 EBTA.

Not disney cruises, but we saw the same person (Santa!!!!) on a princess cruise in 2010 and a Royal Caribbean in 2014. It was Santa Claus, we would wear a red bathing suit or red Hawaiian shirt everyday. He had the same hat with his website-he's a professional Santa! Different months (May and August) but both out of the NYC area.

Yep, over the years we have seen the same people on different cruises. Many times!!

MJ

I have twice had the privilege of sailing with the world famous Gold Mickey ~ and his close friends Blake and Erika!

Not another cruise but one time my boyfriend and I ran into this guy at our hotel waiting in front of us for bags and at the parks. Months later we went on a Norwegian cruise and the guy was on the same cruise! I am not sure why both of us remembered this guy as we never introduced ourselves to him but we both were 100% sure it was him. We actually joked that maybe one of us had a stalker haha.

We didn't meet in person, but we were on a Double Dip last year with a couple who will be on our same Baja cruise this year. And there are a big group of folks from our Mexico cruise 2012 who will be on the Baja one with us, too. Again, no one that we ever met up with face to face, but we know each other online!

Yes.
Our first cruise in 2002 an Eastern itinerary, the following year on a Western route there were at least 3 families we recognized.

Then on our May 2013 LA-Vancouver repo cruise there was a couple our age with their 20 something daughter. We then saw them on our Alaska cruise the same year in Sept.

Marcie Mouse - I am currently booked on the Wonder in stateroom 6514 and am looking for reviews. To date I have only found one that said it was very noisy when the ship was in motion. I saw a post in another thread that you were inquiring about this cabin. Did you by chance end up in this cabin and if so, do you recall if it was noisy? I am traveling with an ill member of my family and noise would greatly impact her enjoyment of the cruise. Thank you for any assistance you might offer!

Yes many fellow cruisers and many CMs and servers and officers and concierge hosts. On my Baltic cruise there are four families I have cruised with before, two twice.

I have seen staff go from Server to Palo server, to Palo deputy manager to restaurant manager. I know Restaurant managers, I know many of the entertainments crew, in particular on the Magic. I have cruised with one concierge host three times and another twice.

We ran into our tablemates a year later on another cruise. It was a VERY pleasant Surprise and benefit!

We met other tablemates at WDW - on purpose :)

There are 3 families (maybe 4) that were on our first cruise on the Fantasy (Spring Break March 2013) that will be on our 2nd cruise on the Magic (Spring Break March 2015)! I only recognized them because we joined the FE exchange--but it's been a nice surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter