Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I love all the designs. Subbing to this page for our future trip, even though I think I will be using Magic Your Band.

I have decorated ours in the past using nail polish, rhinestones, and tattoos, but I decided to order from @MagicYourBand this time for the kids, and I'm very pleased with the result. I haven't had a chance to put the skins on the bands yet, but I will post pics once I do.

I did custom designs, and on one of them, because of the size of the image, I was going to have some leftover "band" showing on each end. I did the online chat with Tracy, who was very helpful, and we were able to just make those extra areas black to blend in with the rest of the skin. Turned out great. Really good customer service and turnaround time on receiving the product.

IMG_2799_zpsreaw5ctr.jpg

Halloween bands are complete! We have two sets of bands so I did two versions!!

I've tried looking through this thread but it's super long. I'm looking for info on what works to decorate them best. I was going to draw on them. Wasn't sure if sharpie would work?

I've tried looking through this thread but it's super long. I'm looking for info on what works to decorate them best. I was going to draw on them. Wasn't sure if sharpie would work?

Yes, sharpie's work but they may fade into the magic band to give a bit of a faded look

image.jpeg
Two of three Dia de Los Muertos themed bands. Lots of glow-in-the-dark bits in here. They need smoothing on the sides then a spray of top coat. I have spent way too much time on these, paticularly since the green one likely will not be worn by the 22-month old.

Sorry if this has been asked but besides using nail polish to paint and decorate your magic bands can anyone tell me what else they used? I have seen people say markers and paint markers but I am not sure what they mean. Any help and pictures of what you used would be great.

i prefer nail polish...the sparkle kind does not come off!

View attachment 129134
Two of three Dia de Los Muertos themed bands. Lots of glow-in-the-dark bits in here. They need smoothing on the sides then a spray of top coat. I have spent way too much time on these, paticularly since the green one likely will not be worn by the 22-month old.
They look awesome!

I got a red band and want to do a Minnie Mouse design. Does anyone have any tips? We get our magic bands in November. ::MinnieMo
Big black bow with white pica dots....use black sparkle nail polish and white sparkle for the poca dots...just one idea!

Here are our three, we arrive tomorrow! I used a combo of nail polishes and acrylic paints and sealed it with clear base coat. I am not loving the smell of nail polish, though. Does anyone have any tips on how to mask the nail polish smell?Magic Bands.jpg

Had a surprise quick trip to go with my daughter to the Halloween Party, so I grabbed one of our old bands and played around with sharpie on it. It was a hack job of the Haunted Mansion wallpaper faces. What I'd forgotten was way back in January 2014 when we first used them, I'd coated this one in the Pure Ice Black Light nail polish. When we rode Pooh and got into the black light area, I glanced down and realized it really does hold up well!

20151002_192509.jpg

Unfortunately, it appears they no longer make that polish and mine got goopy and was tossed months ago.

I picked up a bottle of Glow in the Dark polish in the Halloween section of Target this weekend and will try that for our next trip to see if it works the same.

I also customized a sticker though MagicYourBand today from a photograph I took years ago, when you could still see the old character mural in the back of the Exposition Hall. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, at least on the preview. We'll see once it arrives!

n3UW9NUWMrz-fOl8zgYDXkg0l67sg5sWyZNzqIeXlcXO_9O2ZDEr=w409-h233-p-no

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter