Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I just tried decorating a magic band and it doesn't seem to work the way I want. I want mine to glow in the dark, so I bought some glow in the dark nail polish. One coat doesn't do anything.. unfortunately, when I add more coats, the polish dries cloudy and looks really ugly on the band. I figured I would try to remove it, but nail polish remover doesn't take off the glow in the dark stuff. Has anyone found a glow in the dark that dries clear? (luckily, this is NOT the magic band I will be using in the park.)

Someone reported using glow in the dark Modge Podge. I was thinking of trying it out.

Hello everyone! I really enjoyed all the creativity within this thread and I felt it was now a requirement to decorate my dh's and my magic bands. We both did our own, and it's been a great (and frustrating) experience. Though, it was funny seeing my husband shop for nailpolish colors. We'll be there on Sept 13th! Can't wait!

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions throughout the thread!

My DH went for a simple steampunk look, though finding the right shade of "cardavan" (his word, not mine, lol, metallic maroon) was challenging. I had too many ideas between the tattoos and whatnot, but mine came out looking like a rainstorm. I did a lightning bolt on each side and the prismatic nailpolish I found made it look like rain. I like it.

IMAG1422small.jpg
[/IMG]

and it looks like I need one more post before I can post an image...so my apologies in advance... ignore this post. lol

Pure acetone is a lot stronger than polish with acetone. I wear a lot of glitter polish and the regular remover hardly touches it, but pure acetone gets it right off. You find it by the fake nails section. I can't promise it will work but it's cheap and worth a shot.

Thanks.. I'll check it out.

My DH went for a simple steampunk look, though finding the right shade of "cardavan" (his word, not mine, lol, metallic maroon) was challenging. I had too many ideas between the tattoos and whatnot, but mine came out looking like a rainstorm. I did a lightning bolt on each side and the prismatic nailpolish I found made it look like rain. I like it.

IMAG1422small.jpg

I love the steampunk look, it's a mickey too!

I'm not artistic at all, so I used temporary tattoos on our bands. I think they turned out pretty well- I can't wait for the kids to see them in a few days!
I love the crystals on the edges! What size crystals did you use for those?

So I had to redo my bands and this is the second try. I had a heck of a time finding base coat. I looked and looked but went with regular clear polish. And it cracked but it wasn't that bad and I was going to settle. But I finally found base coat yesterday & redid the band & I am happy! So hope you guys like it. I am not artistic.

Oh one more thing, to get the tattoos around the holes I used a safety pin to poke and flatten the tattoo into the holes. And also sorry for the pictures for being so big. :love:

Oh one more thing, to get the tattoos around the holes I used a safety pin to poke and flatten the tattoo into the holes. And also sorry for the pictures for being so big. :love:

For not being "artistic", you did an awesome job!! And thank you for the safety pin tip!! I was wondering how people got theirs to look flush on their bands..

I need to get working on mine ASAP! We leave in 13 days!:banana:

When using tattoos that are wider than the band, how is everyone sizing the tattoo? Are you measuring and cutting before applying to the band or is there a method to size after applying?

dreamit said:
When using tattoos that are wider than the band, how is everyone sizing the tattoo? Are you measuring and cutting before applying to the band or is there a method to size after applying?

With mine I sized & cut first. Some of the tattoos on mine were cut out from slightly bigger ones. The hawkeye one is really longer, I had to cut his legs off to fit. Sorry hawkeye.

There's an article today on Disney Dining about customizing magic bands.

Somehow it feels like cheating that this has been "exposed" to the general public. :rotfl:

There's an article today on Disney Dining about customizing magic bands.

Somehow it feels like cheating that this has been "exposed" to the general public. :rotfl:

I'm noticing more and more that ideas and news from DIS threads is ending up on those fan websites a lot.....almost like DIS is their source. Sad that they can't give credit where due.

Hello everyone! I really enjoyed all the creativity within this thread and I felt it was now a requirement to decorate my dh's and my magic bands. We both did our own, and it's been a great (and frustrating) experience. Though, it was funny seeing my husband shop for nailpolish colors. We'll be there on Sept 13th! Can't wait!

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions throughout the thread!

IMAG1422small.jpg
[/IMG]

Love the steampunk idea. Where did you get the gears? Found some at Michael's but they are metal. Are yours metal and do they interfere with the RFID signal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter