Has anyone been to Marriott World Center lately?

We've been at the MW a number of times. It is a great place however the only thing I don't like is the way they mix business travelers and families. We found a few times were we were at the food court with guests in bathsuits waiting in line with other guests in business suits. Very strange.

I have never gotten a parking fee or resort fee waived and I am the highest level of Marriott rewards and I always ask nicely. As a platinum rewards member internet is free for us anyways so to pay for it with a resort fee is annoying.
I wouldn't count on them waiving any fees, budget it in your plans.

the only thing I don't like is the way they mix business travelers and families. We found a few times were we were at the food court with guests in bathsuits waiting in line with other guests in business suits.
It does look a little funny when you see that but it isn't like there is anything the hotel can do about it. That happens in any hotel that does a lot of convention business. At least the convention I'll be attending isn't a suit and tie type of event for the most part. Just business casual.

I don't know. I would think separate areas with separate ammenities for families and business travelers would be the answer.

I would think separate areas with separate ammenities for families and business travelers would be the answer.
I'm not aware of any hotel anywhere that does something like that. If you're visiting the hotel, you get to use of all of the facilities regardless of if you are there for business or pleasure. I think it would be a real turn off if I showed up and was told I could only eat in certain restaurants as a convention guest because the other places were only for families (and vice-versa). And it wouldn't work anyway. What if you were attending a convention but you were traveling with your family? I've done that many times. Would you not be able to eat together?

you dont want to eat at the world center food court anyways, unless you just want a hotdog or a slice of pizza. People aren't wearing bathing suits to any of the restaurants at the world center.

I have never gotten a parking fee or resort fee waived and I am the highest level of Marriott rewards and I always ask nicely. As a platinum rewards member internet is free for us anyways so to pay for it with a resort fee is annoying.
I wouldn't count on them waiving any fees, budget it in your plans.
Interesting. I am Platinum as well. I guess it just depends on who you get when you check in. Like I said, it hasn't worked every time, but has most times.

I agree with you on the free internet and called Marriott about it. I asked them if they were aware that they were charging me for something that was supposed to be free. I didn't get anywhere with it...

I agree with you on the free internet and called Marriott about it. I asked them if they were aware that they were charging me for something that was supposed to be free. I didn't get anywhere with it...
This is really disturbing. I'd be taking that one on for sure with emails, letters to the higher ups, and maybe even contacting the travel troubleshooter guy that writes the newspaper column (can't think of his name right now). I love Marriott but hate when companies pull crap like that.

I wouldnt let my neighbors tap into my wifi, much less some complete strangers. Come on guys, lets get real, there are tons of hotels that charge for wifi, poop or get off the pot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter