Has anyone actually used Budget BCD code X474200???

The only way I've heard you can bypass the counter is if you have Fastbreak. I signed up for Fastbreak hoping to bypass the counter. Called to get it added to my pre paid resi and was told if I add Fastbreak, my cost of the rental goes up. I have used the promo code for my June 2012 resi.

I am not certain that will work. I think that your reservation has to be booked as a Fastbreak reservation in order to use the kiosk. Whenever I have used Fastbreak, the kiosk already has my paperwork with a key to the car that they have reserved for me. Maybe you will be okay but just wanted to post my experience.

Yes, that's absolutely correct. You MUST make your ressie under your FB account in order to skip the line inside, and with all the discount codes & coupon codes plugged in to get a fabulous rate.

Any clue on why when I called to attach my Fastbreak number to my prepaid resi I was told that I couldn't do that because my price would be higher?

I am using this code for a last-minute rental, but it does not seem to be working. I am less than 2 weeks out from arrival. Could this be why it won't work for me?

Likely there aren't any more discounted rentals during the period you'll need a car. Most offers are capacity-controlled, aka only a limited number of discounts at each site or city in any given period.

Any clue on why when I called to attach my Fastbreak number to my prepaid resi I was told that I couldn't do that because my price would be higher?

Having a "prepaid" ressie could also have made a difference too.

FB members who forget to sign in to their account BEFORE making their ressie can remedy this problem by logging in to their FB account, making their NEW ressie under the FB # (also adding the discount code & any coupon codes if you have one) and getting the great rate that usually comes up (if it's being offered for your dates).

You would THEN go back and cancel the old ressie that didn't get made under the FB # and you'd be all set (keeping copies of ALL your paperwork/cancellations etc.)

I'm not sure how close you are to your trip/rental date, but because you pre-paid (I'm assuming cash?), there may not be enough time for you to cancel & be refunded your cash. I also don't remember the terms of the pre-paid option & whether or not you can get a full refund without penalty either so you may want to look into this. Using the Travelocity code is probably better than the pre-paid option rate.

Just make sure you have secured the FB ressie (and a better rate) BEFORE canceling your ressie. As Katieeldr stated, a limited number of discounts could apply, and you won't know until you click that button & the error message comes up.

(I hope all that made sense or was clear.)

Good luck, and let us know how you made out correcting your ressies or if you need further suggestions.

Here's the cancellation terms for Budget's Pre-pay option:

Canceling a Prepaid Reservation

Before your rental pick-up time, you may cancel and request a refund online by entering your reservation number and last name into the appropriate fields when you view your reservation details on budget.com. Once the reservation is displayed, click the “cancel and request a refund” button and continue through the process to submit. We will review your request and credit you within approximately seven business days. Credits will be applied to the same card with which you prepaid. You will incur a $10 processing fee if you choose to cancel a prepaid reservation before the rental.
If you don’t cancel online before your rental pick-up time, you may go online and request a refund when you view your reservation details on budget.com. Once the reservation is displayed, click the “cancel and request a refund” button and continue through the process to submit the refund request. We will review the refund request and, if applicable, credit you within seven business days. Credits will be applied to the same card with which you prepaid. Requests for no-show refunds may be submitted up to six months after the rental pick-up date. If you request a refund for a no-show rental, you will be refunded the entire amount of the prepayment less a $50 processing fee. https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/prepayterms.html

So, there's still hope. I see your trip isn't until June 2012? You can cancel the pre-paid ressie, but it will cost you $10. Though I don't know what rate you paid, if using the Travelocity code & $30 off coupon is much lower than your pre-paid rate (plus $10 cxl. fee), it might be worth it to re-book (under FB w/codes) then cancel the pre-paid.

Hope this helps :thumbsup2 .

So has anyone actually completed the rental with this code lately? I have a successful reservation, but like everyone else, am worried I will get Johnny Law at the desk who will decline the coupon. Is there a rapid rental kiosk or something where someone can rent the car without talking to a counter agent at MCO? I know at other airports, I've used agentless kiosks to rent cars.

We just returned from Disney and used the code and coupon with no problem. The coupon isn't applied until you return the car and a physical coupon isn't required to get the discount its automatic.

Thanks, what does this coupon subtract? I want to compare it to the one in our Entertainment book.

What are the restrictions of this coupon? Can I use it on a Intermediate SUV?

No idea on restrictions. I believe it subtracts $25 when you turn the car in. Should work on intermediate -- if you put the code in it will tell you if coupon is applicable. Worked for our minivan reservation for November.

:banana::banana::banana:

This code just shaved about $162 off my rental for Columbus Day weekend! It's still foolish to pay $217 (with taxes) for a 4 day rental, but most coupons, etc., are blacked out. DH will be with us on this trip, and he isn't the biggest WDW fan; I am afraid the busses will make him crazy. Also, with such a short trip, I hate to think of all the waiting for busses to take us from parks to resorts for meals and back to the parks... cars are faster;) PLUS... oooh, I just realized, that one of the biggest reasons i love DME is so I don't have to handle the suitcases, but on this trip we are doing carry-on only, AND DH will be with us, so I won't have to juggle luggage anyhow. I am thinking the car will be the way to go... but might try priceline!

Thanks, what does this coupon subtract? I want to compare it to the one in our Entertainment book.

What are the restrictions of this coupon? Can I use it on a Intermediate SUV?

I just did a "dummy" ressie using the MUWZ023 ($25 off) coupon code and it took it but I can't find the actual coupon on the Budget site.

But I used the MUWZ056 ($30 off) code for my trip and here's a link to that code & the terms for each car class:

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/weekly/weekly_30_off.html?&ICID=weekly_deal&IID=$30_off_f

I'd imagine you wouldn't mind an extra $5 off ;)

I just did a "dummy" ressie using the MUWZ023 ($25 off) coupon code and it took it but I can't find the actual coupon on the Budget site.

But I used the MUWZ056 ($30 off) code for my trip and here's a link to that code & the terms for each car class:

http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/weekly/weekly_30_off.html?&ICID=weekly_deal&IID=$30_off_f

I'd imagine you wouldn't mind an extra $5 off ;)
Man says you have to use it by Sept 30. :(

We won't be going till Oct.

Keep the link. Apparently they must just keep update it with new expiration dates because it's been valid & in use for some time now.

If you're uncomfortable, just keep checking back at that link to see if they update the date. I actually had a coupon page that could be printed out. They must have changed it. I'll keep looking for an actual coupon for you. I actually may have gotten it thru email.

Keep the link. Apparently they must just keep update it with new expiration dates because it's been valid & in use for some time now.

If you're uncomfortable, just keep checking back at that link to see if they update the date. I actually had a coupon page that could be printed out. They must have changed it. I'll keep looking for an actual coupon for you. I actually may have gotten it thru email.

Cool, thanks. I'll keep checking that link. Right now when I try to use it, it says it expires. :(

Is everyone booking directly with Budget.com or using Travelocity.com using the X474200 code? I was able to plug in my Fastbreak number and the X474200 code on the Travelocity site and still got the same deal that I booked with using Budget.com. I just didn't have a Fastbreak number at that time and they wouldn't let me add it to my current reservation. I would need to cancel my prepaid and pay $10.

Anyone have a coupon code that will work over Columbus Day? The BCD code works fine, but it seems that the coupon codes are blacked out. Thanks!

Having a "prepaid" ressie could also have made a difference too.

FB members who forget to sign in to their account BEFORE making their ressie can remedy this problem by logging in to their FB account, making their NEW ressie under the FB # (also adding the discount code & any coupon codes if you have one) and getting the great rate that usually comes up (if it's being offered for your dates).

You would THEN go back and cancel the old ressie that didn't get made under the FB # and you'd be all set (keeping copies of ALL your paperwork/cancellations etc.)

I'm not sure how close you are to your trip/rental date, but because you pre-paid (I'm assuming cash?), there may not be enough time for you to cancel & be refunded your cash. I also don't remember the terms of the pre-paid option & whether or not you can get a full refund without penalty either so you may want to look into this. Using the Travelocity code is probably better than the pre-paid option rate.

Just make sure you have secured the FB ressie (and a better rate) BEFORE canceling your ressie. As Katieeldr stated, a limited number of discounts could apply, and you won't know until you click that button & the error message comes up.

(I hope all that made sense or was clear.)

Good luck, and let us know how you made out correcting your ressies or if you need further suggestions.

Took your advice today. I booked directly with Travelocity using my FB and the Budget Travelocity code. The same price came up as I had gotten through Budget.com. I canceled my reservation with Budget after that. I lost $10 out of it but the rest of money will go back on my credit card. Now when I fly into MCO, I can go directly to the Fastbreak counter.

I read on the October Rental boards that someone called Budget and asked about using the code. They told her that she can but needs to book directly with Travelocity. That's why I went that route. Thanks for your help.

My wife thinks I am nuts because I keep checking prices but paid off this time. We were debating between a mini van with this code and a full size (have 3 kids) Been leaning toward the minivan due to price from this code, then found a full size for $100 less last week thru Costco. Now just checked Costco again and got a full size thru Alamo for total $68.46 for 6 days (11/8-14). Can't beat that so will be cancelling the van. Just mentioning in case will be helpful to others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter