Has a one gotten their check or direct deposit from the ATM fee class action suit

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I teceived an email around july saying the amount I was going to get back from
This lawsuit

I did fill out the form to be part of this

The email in July said to pick account to have the check direct deposit to or a coukd request a check

I certainly wasn’t going to give them any banking information so I selected to have a check mailed

Said it would take 6 to 8 weeks which Fri was the 8 th week and still no check

Just wondering if anyone else got anything

I believe I got mine a few weeks ago. I also thought it was safer to choose the check and had no plan to send banking or other personal info. Recall it was only a couple of dollars and hardly worth the effort. Most of these class action lawsuits seemed to be started by those ambulance chasing lawyers who generally end up with most of the settlement. They actively look for these opportunities to make money for themselves. In many cases, the cost for the companies to fight them off would cost more then just settling and moving on.

Checked my bank statement and the amount was $3.57. I cashed the check at the end of August.

Last edited:
First I am hearing of the lawsuit, so I'm too late. And since I have never paid ATM fees, wasn't eligible.

Most of the ones I have been involved with send some sort of notification (postcard or email) about the lawsuit so they generally already have records of who is eligible. Usually the court requires them to send notification to those involved as part of the settlement agreement. I seem to recall having to enter some information on their website and then choosing the desired form of payment. Most of the time I get somewhere between $3-$10 which is basically the scraps leftover after they pay all of the lawyers. The suit alleged some collusion between the banking parties about how ATM fees were either collected/charged or something like that.

I think FB has a similar lawsuit going on regarding how your personal information was handled. Don't think I got that settlement check yet, but I do recall the notification and having to enter something online to be eligible.

The only one I am aware of recently where you had to initiate the action on your own was some lawsuit on a certain brand of cereal (don't recall which one). Read about it in media reports somewhere. Supposedly you had to show receipts proving you purchased that item sometime in the past. I seriously doubt most people keep grocery store receipts from 1-2 yrs ago. No idea how much that one paid out.

I did get my check yesterday--and it was for the 200$ plus that they said I was going to get--

its funny though since when we would take cash out for the week we would always go to an ATM owned by our bank but there was never any fees on the receipt or any fees taken out of our account showing on the bank statement yet now I do remember getting contacted about this class action

oh well extra for next years trip
its funny though too how they never ask for prove but like someone said who keeps grocery receipts around for years

In the case of that ATM lawsuit, I assume electronic banking records show each time you used your debit card at an ATM. Would be fairly easy to narrow down the date range covered by the lawsuit to determine those involved and the settlements were perhaps a function of how many times you used your card during that timeframe. My payout was less then $4.

There was also some lawsuit involving that Zoom video website. Anyone who hosted a meeting during the timeframe covered by the lawsuit got a few dollars from that settlement. I think that one related to poor security practices that allowed some zoom meetings to be interrupted by unknown people. That never happened to us when we used zoom to visit with out of town relatives, but we always set our own password and didn't publish a meeting notice on any public forum like some were doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter