Harry Potter was Amazing!

Owlpost23

DIS Veteran
Long time lurker,forgot my password...ANYWAYS,just got back from US/IOAon Monday,and the darkside came through again! WWOHP was everything we envisioned and more.Frozen butterbeer was wonderful,FJ was groundbreaking,shops were filled with imaginative and quality souveniers,people were absolutely delighted to be in Hogsmeade...the detail was incredible! Universal AGAIN delivered with everything! I'll detail more later,but anyone who says that US/IOA doesn't deliver is delirious!!!:wizard:

I agree, that section was just fantastic. So many little details in the window shops, the crooked chimneys, all the little signs, and of course the Forbidden Journey, the queue alone is wonderful, much less the ride.

Alas this is all counterbalanced by the tight quarters, teeming throngs, and understaffing (Hogs Head bar had ONE guy both pouring beer and running the register in the afternon last Sunday). Hopefully in a year or so this will calm down (who am I kidding? 3-4 years at the minimum).

I liked a lot of IOA. The entry area and the Lost Continent had great theming with lots of cool shops selling stuff for adults, not the endlessly repeated Disney trinkets you see everywhere at WDW. The jewelry was better (well, better mix between high end and costume quality), and the guy hammer forging coin medallions was cool. The Seuss area was well done, even though I am decades away from cracking a Seuss book. Not so hot on the Marvel or classic comic areas, but YMMV.

Definitely going to add US to future Orlando trips, thinking about heading down there in the early Spring and staying there for a quick commando weekend. I'd say WWHP was a HUGE boon for their park.

Glad you had a such a great time!!!
We're heading down next week and I can't wait!!

yippee!!! Glad you liked it! :wizard: I :love: it too. In fact I'll be back this next summer and can't wait. I hope to notice more of the little details and take my time more in enjoying them but we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter