Harmony Barbershop

Heidi K

DIS Veteran
How/when do I make an appointment for my daughter's first haircut? And how long do you think it will take? She's 4 years old with long hair, and we're going in October.

If you have trouble getting the appointment time/date you want you can always just stop in. I had an appointment made for one day but 2 days before worked better for us so I stop in and they took my son. We also had the first haircut package. They won't always be able to get you in but it's worth a shot. Just remember to cancel the original time.
I don't remember exactly how long it took but I'd say 20 minutes. It was a simple cut though.

We are going in September and made sure to book my nieces 1st haircut appointment at our 180 day mark - got the day and time we wanted, right at park opening. I heard you can walk up, but you may have to wait a little bit. I also read that the first haircut package takes about 15 minutes.

Do ladies ever get cuts there? I see adult pricing, but is that for men?

I saw a lady getting a haircut in there once. She had really short hair though. They don't wash before they cut so I wouldn't get my hair cut there, but it might work for some women.

I just changed the time of our May 30 appointment for our daughter's 1st haircut...not nearly as booked as BBB!

I saw a lady getting a haircut in there once. She had really short hair though. They don't wash before they cut so I wouldn't get my hair cut there, but it might work for some women.
Thanks! I started thinking about it and I'd hate to take an appointment away from someone who would like to take their child in. I'll stick to Fantastic Sams :)

We walked in and my 18 month-old daughter was seen right away (My 1st Haircut package). This was peak season/July. The cut was about 15 minutes. When the stylist asked if we wanted the pixie dust, she mentioned that it could be very difficult to get out. I appreciated the heads up (no pun intended).

I want to take my grandson for a haircut here. Also, can you give them a tip when it is done?
Thanks.

I took DD in Dec as a walk in. We had to wait almost an hour because there were people with reservations that needed to be taken before us. My husband took my daughter to the Emporium and to see part of the parade while I waited. The first haircut took about 15 min and the pixie dust might still be in her hair. :)

I want to take my grandson for a haircut here. Also, can you give them a tip when it is done?
Thanks.

Yes, but bring cash for the tip. The barbershop is connected to the store next door. You can't add a tip to your credit card or room charge.

I do not want to get a haircut but will be in MK for my birthday and would love some pixie dust in my hair. Do I need a reservation for this and is there a charge?

thanks,
Linda

Make sure to arrive before your appointment about 30 minutes in advance if you will have Memory maker. They will do their best to have a pp there to take pictures. Definitely a wonderful experience when my 13 month old had her first cut.

My DS and Hubby loved getting there hair cut here on our last trip. Both got the pixe dust and boy was that ever where in the bed the night day(did not want to take a shower :) ) Anyway, now with us taking our other DS for his 1st Birthday we also want to do the 1st haircut. My question to you all, has anyone asked about getting plain ears? We are planning to get him a pair with his name on them instead. Just wondering if they will do that?

My DS and Hubby loved getting there hair cut here on our last trip. Both got the pixe dust and boy was that ever where in the bed the night day(did not want to take a shower :) ) Anyway, now with us taking our other DS for his 1st Birthday we also want to do the 1st haircut. My question to you all, has anyone asked about getting plain ears? We are planning to get him a pair with his name on them instead. Just wondering if they will do that?

I doubt they can do plain ears. Admittedly, I have never asked, but I think all they have in the barbershop are the ones embroidered with first haircut. Both my girls have their first haircut ears and the ones with their name on them.

So is the Harmony Barbershop worth a visit if it's something you've never done at Disney world?

My partner and I are both 28 year old guys and when i try to look online, it's mainly people taking their children to cut their hair cuts.

Are they actually any good? I hear that you can get photo-pass pics taken if you arrive with enough time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter