HARMONIOUS SEPTEMBER 29, 2021

I like it.

oh thank god. 😂

Illuminations ROE is my favorite piece of music from Disney, ever.

That said, I watched a different stream than Disney Park's - I loved this show. It's gorgeous, music is fun and joyful. Yes, I know it's IP and I know it's not what Epcot used to be but that's gone.
I was blown away at how cool it looked.

I can't wait to watch this in person later this month and apparently there will only be about 4 of us. 😂

I would be curious if anyone has some good linguistic/language background. I came across a quote from this story that fascinated me:
“You think you would recognize the songs you grew up with, but it’s with a new twist of hearing it in that native language that we’ve recorded it in,” said Gary Gutierrez, managing producer with Disney Live Entertainment. “You’ll hear Swahili or Hindu, and it’s really a different and special experience.”
As I've said elsewhere - Hindi is a language and Hindu is not and it bothers me that this mistake was made. Knowing that Disney has sent out the press release and info that there are 13 languages used in Harmonious and that I could identify most of them, I was also torn by this - my guess is that this article (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ble-of-musical-artists-from-around-the-world/) is more accurate, stating that Zulu was used - than the first I posted which said that Swahili was used. Does anyone know definitively if (1) both are used or (2a) one is used and if so (2b) which one is used?

All in all, I'm surprised (I can understand why if I make some assumptions) that the languages represented don't reflect World Showcase (WS is limited, which we all know, and it's helpful to go beyond it - even if, sort of canonically, it's what is physically and literally there). One of the "behind the scenes" re: 50th activities videos referenced Harmonious having three Acts and Act I was "Gather" and I thought the person said it was Gather re: World Showcase. A different article though lists it as gathering people throughout the world, "The show builds to a finale that unites everyone around World Showcase and from around the world, as many of the musical artists come together to perform a poignant and powerful song, bringing 'Harmonious' to an emotional close." I get it - and it's a little frustrating. I guess beyond the show - it makes me wonder if World Showcase will ever really be updated to reflect the world? It seems like attachment to what exists is so strong that it could be hard (and it would need some serious reconfiguration - not squeezing in a tiny "Outpost" somewhere to reflect an entire continent.

wow.
The amount of entitled and spoiled WDW "fans" never ceases to amaze me.
I'm not sure how us wanting a show that was as good or better than what was there previously makes us spoiled.
As mentioned over and over, the previous shows had a story, emotion, this had none.
The water projections seemed to have no better quality than what they've done before.
I didn't see anything overwhelming with these fireworks compared to their other shows.
I really wanted to love this show as it had been hyped so much. At best it was underwhelming. Maybe it will be better in person.
As a "spoiled WDW Fan", I guess I expected more.

I've got to say I just saw HarmoniUS again tonight and I really liked it a lot better. Even though the middle screen wasn't projecting it still looked great. I guess it's growing on me so I'm now pretty excited about seeing this in December.

I just got done watching the video from The Dis and it was MUCH better than Disneys version. Still don't have high expectations for it, but it definitely looked much better. I still don't understand putting a show in the lake that the main screen is visible from only 2 sides.

Call me crazy, but since EPCOT is the main park I am going to, I am actually excited for a fireworks/night show... I really liked the videos I saw

oh thank god. 😂

Illuminations ROE is my favorite piece of music from Disney, ever.

That said, I watched a different stream than Disney Park's - I loved this show. It's gorgeous, music is fun and joyful. Yes, I know it's IP and I know it's not what Epcot used to be but that's gone.
I was blown away at how cool it looked.

I can't wait to watch this in person later this month and apparently there will only be about 4 of us. 😂
It was absolutely wonderful on person. I'm sure you'll love it even more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter