Hard Rock or Royal Pacific, which is closer to walk

the46zone

Earning My Ears
We are going in June and are trying to choose a resort. Our question seems simple, if we want to be able to walk to the parks, which resort is closer? And also is it by a lot? Walking long distances is getting tougher for me so I thought I could upgrade to Hard Rock for what seems like a shorter walk. But is it really that much shorter than Royal Pacific for the extra $250 total. Please help with your thoughts. TYIA!

it's probably 12-15 minutes shorter of a walk, but after a walking all day the shorter walk is priceless. if you're only staying a night or two, maybe not worth it, but a longer stay would be worth it.

There might be a ten minute difference to get to the ‘further’ park. But it’s a nice, mostly shady walk.

The rooms are a bit bigger at HRH and I thought the walk was nicer than RPR. Theme preference is personal (PBH is our favorite). You do have access to the boats at both resorts, so that saves on walking some (especially if you are going to the "far park").

Thank you so much for all this amazing information. I think we are going to head to HRH for the extra $250 over 4 days doesn’t seem too bad. I watched some YouTube videos and it really does seem close.

As mentioned, HRH is a shorter walk to US where RPR has a shorter walk to IOA. But I would also say that HRH would have a shorter walk to US than RPR's walk to IOA. Basically, HRH is the closest hotel to both parks with RPR being just a little further away.

For me, both are close enough that I wouldn't choose one over the other just based on distance to the parks. I'd choose for theming or pools, or price, etc. They are both just a short walk away.

Last edited:
RPR is just far enough away that we usually took the ferry if there was no line. Even though it is a bit slower, I really enjoy the boat ride. I tend to do try to cram as much in to a theme park as possible (EE to park close, with an afternoon nap), so the boat reminds me that it is ok to slow down and just enjoy UO.

As mentioned, HRH is a shorter walk to US where RPR has a shorter walk to IOA. But I would also say that HRH would have a shorter walk to US than RPR's walk to IOA. Basically, HRH is the closest hotel to both parks with RPR being just a little further away.
Agree with this. In thinking about distances from the hotel to the respective pathway security checkpoints at City Walk (rather than to the park gates), then I agree that HRH's walk is a bit shorter than RPR's walk. We also visit Universal more often than IOA, so its better for us to be closer to Universal at HRH. The difference is minimal but for someone with mobility issues, HRH is probably the better choice if they don't want to use the water taxi.

RPH is closer to the CityWalk nightlife and restaurants. Not including the security checkpoint, the walk from Hard Rock Hotel parking lot to the main gate at US is about 5 minutes(add 2-3 minutes from HRH lobby. If I recall correctly, the walk from RPH lobby is about 10 minutes to the checkpoints next to Margaritaville.

I agree with Puffkin. HRH is slightly closest to 'the parks,' because it is closest to US. As others have said though, RPH and HRH are about equal distance to IoA, so overall you won't really notice the difference if you plan to go to both parks.

For that matter: Portofino, Sapphire Falls and even Aventura though slightly further, are also all well within easy walking distance. Shuttle boats to the deluxes +Sapphire Falls are also very frequent; better (faster) than WDW's shuttle service.

For that matter: Portofino, Sapphire Falls and even Aventura though slightly further, are also all well within easy walking distance. Shuttle boats to the deluxes +Sapphire Falls are also very frequent; better (faster) than WDW's shuttle service.

This! I cannot emphasis enough how much better the water taxis are at Universal than at Disney. So much quicker and more frequent. We comment on it every time we are there that we wish Disney would take a few lessons from Universal on their water transportation!

We actually found the walk from RPH to be/feel shorter than HRH. I think a lot of it has to do with where your room is. We were in tower 2 at RPH and close to the lobby where we would leave from. Super quick and easy. Our room at HRH (I don’t remember where exactly it was) seemed farther away as we had to exit by the far side of the pool close to The Kitchen and walk all the way around which seemed to add a few extra minutes/steps

This! I cannot emphasis enough how much better the water taxis are at Universal than at Disney. So much quicker and more frequent. We comment on it every time we are there that we wish Disney would take a few lessons from Universal on their water transportation!

good to know! But the walks have been so easy for us that we have yet to take the boats!!

We actually walked from HRH to Portofino and then to a McDonalds. None of the Deluxe hotels are very far from the parks. I would choose whichever happened to be cheapest. We did prefer the food choices at RPR.

We find HRH to be closest/easiest. There is a shortcut: you go out the front entrance, to the left into the parking lot, and over to a road that seems as though it is for workers, and that road takes you out to the walkway - from there it is a very short distance to the security checkpoint. It is especially convenient for UO, but also close from there to IOA. As mentioned by others, all the Deluxe hotels, Sapphire Falls, and even Aventura are walkable, and boat service is convenient and MUCH easier than WDW bus system. However, I find Portofino to be a comparatively big hike so that is our least preferred hotel.

We find HRH to be closest/easiest. There is a shortcut: you go out the front entrance, to the left into the parking lot, and over to a road that seems as though it is for workers, and that road takes you out to the walkway - from there it is a very short distance to the security checkpoint. It is especially convenient for UO, but also close from there to IOA. As mentioned by others, all the Deluxe hotels, Sapphire Falls, and even Aventura are walkable, and boat service is convenient and MUCH easier than WDW bus system. However, I find Portofino to be a comparatively big hike so that is our least preferred hotel.

Does anyone have a google maps that shows this route?

Does anyone have a google maps that shows this route?
I'm not the most savvy person, but here is a picture that shows the hotel - I circled in black the area that I think has the checkpoint. You can see the service road next to the parking lot on the left. We find this route to be faster than going down to the bottom of the hotel, and then winding through the pool and pathway. Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 2.28.12 PM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter