hanicapped accessibility at waterparks

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
How much accessiblity is at the water parks?? My 6 yr old son has CP and is in a convaid stroller. He can walk with assistance but not for long distances. Which park would be better? My husband would be carrying him most of the time? Do they rent beach wheelchairs at either of them? Im thinking the wave pool at TL freaks me out. Looks to strong and id be terrified of my husband getting wiped out by a wave while hold my son..

We do not have any water wheelchairs at TL.

They run the waves every 30 seconds for the first hour and a half after opening. Then they cut back to about one per 30 minutews and the horn does go off about a minute before the wave. Also the big pool is designed so that the big waves really flatten out towards the sides.

BB has a ski lift to the top :thumbsup2 , otherwise you would have to carry him up flights of steps up to top of TL to get to larger slides. There is a great family raft ride at BB, right near where the ski lift drops you. It is so much fun, and something you all can do together.

The wave pool at BB is very calm and bobbing, a much better alternative to the crashing waves of TL for him. TL can be rough for any kid his age and I probably would not do it.

Both have lazy rivers. BB also has the Ski Patrol training area, has some very easy slides that you can stay right on top of. And depending on his size (if he's not to big) he may be able to do the slides at Tikes Peak. Can't beat the fun cartoon theme either !

Hello to my twin! LOL

We took our dd6 (well 5 when we went) to blizzards beach when we went in January. She doesn't walk and I was too afraid to take her on the ski lift! So, she didn't do any slides but it was chilly that day and she was ok with it. We did swim in the wave pool, It was ok, a bit rough at spots, but still fine. She did like swimming in the ski patrol kids area better. My ds7 loved it there! Grace is a water bug, but I think she was happier swimming in the pool at WL. (maybe them being heated had something to do with it!)

Have fun!

Karalynn said:
Hello to my twin! LOL

We took our dd6 (well 5 when we went) to blizzards beach when we went in January. She doesn't walk and I was too afraid to take her on the ski lift! So, she didn't do any slides but it was chilly that day and she was ok with it. We did swim in the wave pool, It was ok, a bit rough at spots, but still fine. She did like swimming in the ski patrol kids area better. My ds7 loved it there! Grace is a water bug, but I think she was happier swimming in the pool at WL. (maybe them being heated had something to do with it!)

Have fun!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are renting point this time around. SAVED ALOT OF MONEY!!!!! We wanted to stay at WL again but the family awe are going with pciked the place. I figured id been enough and i have a hard time making decisions regarding disney. First choice was BC but it was booked so we picked BWV. We will get much more out of Epcot and MGM... Thanks again for the advice!
Kara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter