• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Han Solo Anthology Film Announced

Maybe we'll finally get a Han Solo meet & greet at Star Wars weekends.

I am stoked. I was hoping this would be the first anthology film. Lucas always made Solo's past off limits so I'm happy they are tackling it. Also, according to the Disney blog this was the third anthology film. They just bumped it into the second slot when Josh Trank left the second film.

I don't think they should do a Han movie. 1. I hate prequels and 2. There are more interesting characters we don't know about like Boba Fett.

If they do have to make the film, Chris Pratt wouldn't right for it. His "Guardians" character is basically a ripoff of Han, so he wouldn't be right for the role. He would be perfect as Indy though.

Last edited:
Han Solo is one of my favorite characters. It sounds good on paper. Who do you get to play a young Han Solo? I'm in a wait and see mode.

I don't think they should do a Han movie. 1. I hate prequels and 2. There are more interesting characters we don't know about like Boba Fett.

If they do have to make the film Chris Pratt wouldn't right for it. His "Guardians" character is basically a ripoff of Han, so he wouldn't be right for the role. He would be perfect as Indy though.

I think my interest in Boba Fett was entirely ruined by featuring him as a child in the prequels.

I'm not sold on Pratt as Indy. "Indy" has to convince the audience that he actually is serious and in mortal danger at times. He wasn't a swashbuckler. Pratt would just be "too much fun."

I think my interest in Boba Fett was entirely ruined by featuring him as a child in the prequels.

I'm not sold on Pratt as Indy. "Indy" has to convince the audience that he actually is serious and in mortal danger at times. He wasn't a swashbuckler. Pratt would just be "too much fun."

That's true, the same thing happened to a lesser extent when they took off Darth's helmet in Jedi. Sometimes it's better when the helmet is left on. Instead of a badass, he looked pruney and wrinkled like my grandfather after an afternoon swim.

About Chris Pratt, I think he showed some Indy-like traits in Jurassic World. It's the college professor part of Indy I'm not 100% sold on.

Ugh. They're going to totally saturate the movie market with Star Wars and Marvel......I'm already bored.

That's true, the same thing happened to a lesser extent when they took off Darth's helmet in Jedi. Sometimes it's better when the helmet is left on. Instead of a badass, he looked pruney and wrinkled like my grandfather after an afternoon swim.

I mean Bob Fett and his Mandalorian armor had a big (now presumably non-canonical) history..now his armor is nothing more than a hand-me-down from his dead pseudo father?

I mean...Robot Chicken said it best...
Darth Vader: Luke... I am your father!
Luke Skywalker: Noooo! That's impossible!
Darth Vader: It's true! And Princess Leia is your sister!
Luke Skywalker: That's... improbable.
Darth Vader: And the Empire will be defeated by Ewoks!
Luke Skywalker: That's... highly unlikely...
Darth Vader: And as a kid, I built C-3PO!
Luke Skywalker: ...wha?
[time passes]
Darth Vader: And you know that all-powerful Force? That's really just microscopic bacteria called Midichlorians!
Luke Skywalker: [smoking a cigarette] Look, if you're not gonna take this seriously, I'm outta here!

If they do have to make the film Chris Pratt wouldn't right for it. His "Guardians" character is basically a ripoff of Han, so he wouldn't be right for the role. He would be perfect as Indy though.
Star Lord is a character that pre-dates Star Wars.

I don't know how to feel about these. Han Solo had some great pre Episode VI stories in the expanded universe. His time as an imperial officer and the life debt with Chewie. But since they have abandoned all the expanded universe and introduced Han's first? (or earlier) wives in the comics I'm not sure what they are going to be doing with these movies.

I mean...Robot Chicken said it best...
Darth Vader: Luke... I am your father!
Luke Skywalker: Noooo! That's impossible!
Darth Vader: It's true! And Princess Leia is your sister!
Luke Skywalker: That's... improbable.
Darth Vader: And the Empire will be defeated by Ewoks!
Luke Skywalker: That's... highly unlikely...
Darth Vader: And as a kid, I built C-3PO!
Luke Skywalker: ...wha?
[time passes]
Darth Vader: And you know that all-powerful Force? That's really just microscopic bacteria called Midichlorians!
Luke Skywalker: [smoking a cigarette] Look, if you're not gonna take this seriously, I'm outta here!

I have been meaning to see that. They just aired Star Wars: Droid Tales on Disney XD this week. It's a Lego Star Wars cartoon. It was awesomely hilarious:rotfl:

I'm really wondering if Indy and Han Solo will be played by the same actor again, it shouldn't matter technically, but somehow it's interesting.

I am stoked. I was hoping this would be the first anthology film. Lucas always made Solo's past off limits so I'm happy they are tackling it. Also, according to the Disney blog this was the third anthology film. They just bumped it into the second slot when Josh Trank left the second film.
I like this idea too. It could be fun to see how Indy turned into basically a space pirate. It would have to include Chewbacca too somewhere along the way.

Chris Pratt might be a little too old and I think that the post about the similarity to his Guardians character is a good one. I like the idea of him playing Indy though. People seem to forget how silly the original Indy could be.

Chris Pratt might be a little too old and I think that the post about the similarity to his Guardians character is a good one. I like the idea of him playing Indy though. People seem to forget how silly the original Indy could be.

Like the cabin room scene with Marion and the full length mirror. That scene is hilarious. Also the whip scene is priceless and hilarious. Those movies are full of laughs. Harrison Ford is so self-deprecating, which really made the movies (except for Temple of Doom of which we will never speak again:sad2:). Chris Pratt is very self-deprecating in both Guardians and Jurassic World. I think he will do a good job.

Star Lord is a character that pre-dates Star Wars.

The movie didn't come out before Star Wars. The version of Star Lord in the first comics are totally different then the one in the movie.

Chris Pratt's Star Lord is at least very influenced by Han Solo.

He's 36, which is actually younger than Harrison Ford was when he first played Indy. They don't want to go too young with it anyways. Because he has to play a professor in the films.

The movie didn't come out before Star Wars. The version of Star Lord in the first comics are totally different then the one in the movie.

Chris Pratt's Star Lord is at least very influenced by Han Solo.
Have you read that somewhere official?

He's 36, which is actually younger than Harrison Ford was when he first played Indy. They don't want to go too young with it anyways. Because he has to play a professor in the films.
I should have clarified but I meant that he might be too old to play Han if they do what is rumored. He's absolutely perfect for Indy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter