• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've now been to a Halloween Party and I have mixed feelings. For something we had to spend additional money to attend, there were WAY too many people there! I kind of figured a special event would feel more exclusive.

We did several treat trails when the lines weren't bad. Only two photo shoots as those lines are painfully slow. I thought the effects were GREAT, and it was fun to see everyone's cosumes. I LOVED the fireworks. My DGS wanted to leave before that, but I made him wait...he was glad we did! Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, but I'm not sure I would pay to do it again.

You just described my experience EXACTLY!

Has there been a map of MHP posted in this thread?

I'm sure it's been posted somehwere, but with 185 pages, It'd take me hours to find.

Thanks!

Has there been a map of MHP posted in this thread?

I'm sure it's been posted somehwere, but with 185 pages, It'd take me hours to find.

Thanks!

Posted by Perlster. Search for posts by Perlster and you will find it. I want to say it was posted sometime around Sept 25th.

We went last night and it was fantastic. Although it was sold out, the candy lines moved along really quickly, and we were able to hit every single trail in plenty of time to grab a great spot for the fireworks show. All of the rides had minimal lines, except for Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion.

I don't want to spoil the fun, but I wanted to see if anyone had been able to spot all 13 of the special sets of 13 surprises that Jack had hidden in the Haunted Mansion. The line was consistently about 20 minutes, so we only got the chance to ride it twice. The first time we just enjoyed it and the second time we looked for the 13s. We only found 5 of them, but I don't want to post them here and ruin the surprise. I was wondering if anyone was aware of a list of all 13 that was posted someplace.

Excited!!!:cool1::banana: I'm taking a midterm today (not the exciting part), then I get to get my nails done (fire nails to go with my devil costume), then get the kids from school, then a new tire on my new car (ran over a nail, but drove a 1/2 block and got wall damage on the tire, so can't just get a plug), then get laundry done and pack!!!! We leave tomorrow!!!!! Party on Friday!!!!! Staying at the DLH!!!!!!!! and weather is supposed to be mid to high 70's for time we're there!!!!!

Goofy Mom, we are leaving tomorrow too!! Cannot wait!! Got most of the packing done last night because we are still making final adjustments to our costumes tonight!!! I'm off work at 2 tomorrow and we will hopefully be on the road by 3!! Yay!

Went last night and had a GREAT time.
Family of 5 with, 9DD, 7DD, 2DD.
Space Mtn was great!

Rode a bunch of rides without much wait, 20 mins or less.
Hit most the Candy trails, brought home a insane amount of candy.

The only down part was the huge wind meant no Fireworks.

I definitely pouted like a five year old after they announced that the fireworks were cancelled until my bf dragged me away from the castle and bought me some chips. Then he told me to shut up and eat my candy :rotfl: LOL!

The fireworks were really all I was looking forward to :( Oh and beignets... the stand was closed -_-

Hi guys....I know I've asked this before, but it was long before the MHP started this year. We are going Friday to the party. As time gets closer, DH and I are increasingly concerned about our costumes and security. We are all dressing like TRON. Our costumes light up. So there are wires and batteries, etc. The wires are basically hidden with fabric tape to prevent any shorts, and DH has done an amazing job with hiding the battery cases. Do you think we will have any issues with security? Do you think they will ask us to remove our vests (where all the wiring is hidden inside?) We are not wearing any helmets so we can follow the rules of the party. I think we are over thinking it and will be fine....what are your thoughts/opinions? TIA!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7843%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A93432775245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3A3%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A933%3B5478245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp54352%3Enu%3D3358%3E272%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D39855646%3B4336nu0mrj

Hi guys....I know I've asked this before, but it was long before the MHP started this year. We are going Friday to the party. As time gets closer, DH and I are increasingly concerned about our costumes and security. We are all dressing like TRON. Our costumes light up. So there are wires and batteries, etc. The wires are basically hidden with fabric tape to prevent any shorts, and DH has done an amazing job with hiding the battery cases. Do you think we will have any issues with security? Do you think they will ask us to remove our vests (where all the wiring is hidden inside?) We are not wearing any helmets so we can follow the rules of the party. I think we are over thinking it and will be fine....what are your thoughts/opinions? TIA!

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7843%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A93432775245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A%3A3%3Dot%3E2449%3D363%3D%3C3%3C%3DXROQDF%3E2%3A933%3B5478245ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp54352%3Enu%3D3358%3E272%3E%3B4%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D39855646%3B4336nu0mrj

SO CUTE!!! Um... I don't imagine there being any problem. Saw many people with lights in their costumes and it didn't slow down the line so I can only assume they were let in without a hitch. The only time I have experienced Disney making anyone take something off is during Grad Nite.

I think you will be fine! Hope you all have a wonderful time! :D

ROSANAB1031 !!!

Where is this wonderful beignet stand you speak of? I made reservations at Cafe Orleans just to get them. But I can always eat more! I live in Canada so just can't get enough New Orleans food. My dogs are from N.O. But they don't know how to cook!

Regards, Brenda

Here is what we'd like to accomplish during the MHP on Monday Oct 21:

1. Hit almost every treat trail
2. See the Fireworks
3. See the parade/calvacade (are there spots available 15 minutes before the 1st parade?)
4. Visit each land of the park to take in all the MHP atmosphere...especially New Orleans Square.
5. Get photos at 2 or 3 of the character meet-n-greets (Star Wars, Toy Story Pals, and Villains). Is our best bet for the Villains to visit them in the last 30 minutes of the party to avoid the crowd? Also, for the character lines, if you are in line before the party ends (11pm) do you still get to visit the character or do they close off the line prior to 11pm?

How doable is this plan?

2. See the Fireworks
3. See the parade/calvacade (are there spots available 15 minutes before the 1st parade?)
4. Visit each land of the park to take in all the MHP atmosphere...especially New Orleans Square.
5. Get photos at 2 or 3 of the character meet-n-greets (Star Wars, Toy Story Pals, and Villains). Is our best bet for the Villains to visit them in the last 30 minutes of the party to avoid the crowd? Also, for the character lines, if you are in line before the party ends (11pm) do you still get to visit the character or do they close off the line prior to 11pm?

How doable is this plan?

Wow, this is just what I came in to ask. My list...
1. Hit every treat trail
2. See the fireworks
3. See the parade/calvacade (want to see the 2nd showing)
4. Ride 3 Fantasyland rides (Peter Pan, Dumbo, and Mr. Toad)
5. Meet and get a pic with Jack Sparrow

Any problems?

2. See the Fireworks

How doable is this plan?

I would not suggest waiting until the very end of the night. We arrived back at Town Square around 11:45-ish for the first party that ended at 12:00. The villains were up on the train platform doing a little good-bye dance thing. I don't know when the meet & greet ended, but I think the line would have been cut off by 30 minutes before the end of the party.

pudinhd said:
I would not suggest waiting until the very end of the night. We arrived back at Town Square around 11:45-ish for the first party that ended at 12:00. The villains were up on the train platform doing a little good-bye dance thing. I don't know when the meet & greet ended, but I think the line would have been cut off by 30 minutes before the end of the party.

I second this. Don't wait. We waited until 11pm to head to the villains. We got distracted along the way and before we knew it it was midnight..I am so bummed that we missed them this year!

Well, I've now been to a Halloween Party and I have mixed feelings. For something we had to spend additional money to attend, there were WAY too many people there! I kind of figured a special event would feel more exclusive.

We did several treat trails when the lines weren't bad. Only two photo shoots as those lines are painfully slow. I thought the effects were GREAT, and it was fun to see everyone's cosumes. I LOVED the fireworks. My DGS wanted to leave before that, but I made him wait...he was glad we did! Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, but I'm not sure I would pay to do it again.

dddarrington --

I agree with all of your assessments. I have consistently said in this thread (and in others) that, in my opinion, the Halloween party has way too many people for what should feel more like an exclusive event. I think that Disney over-sells the MHP tickets. I found the party to be too full of people 2 years ago, so I can't even imagine what it's like now. However, on the other hand, when the party was held in California Adventure pre-2010, I didn't think it seemed as crowded. Maybe it was because if the layout of DCA, and the fact that there was more space to move around in certain areas, or just fewer tickets sold back then.

Just as you stated:

1. The Halloween Screams fireworks are, indeed, awesome. I love them too -- and this is coming from a person who is kind of indifferent about watching fireworks;

2. The costumes that people wear are so fun to see (some of them are hilarious and some are just very creative); and

3. I agree that the character photo lines are too long and slow.

I also enjoy the effects (fog, spooky projections, etc.) during the party. Plus, I love being able to trick or treat as an adult -- something I would never do in "real life" but it is acceptable at the MHP! That is fun to do once in a blue moon, because Disneyland is the only place where it can be done without receiving odd looks and such!

When I go to the Halloween party, I have a great time and I really enjoy it. I miss it when I don't go. At the same time, I end up thinking that I am okay with skipping the party in certain years -- maybe going to the party every other year or so. As long as I can still enjoy the Halloween Time season at Disneyland and all that it has to offer (the Carnival, Haunted Mansion Holiday, the decorations on Main Street, the treats, etc.), I am okay with missing the actual party now and again (although I was looking forward to going to the MHP again this year because I hadn't been to it in a while).

We attended MHP last night , 10/8 we had an overall good experience.

1) Parking was a breeze, maybe 2 cars ahead of us at the parking toll. There were also plenty of trams running which was great. The event entrances had long lines, but moved quickly, it took us about 10 minutes to get through and receive our wrist bands. DD has sensory issues and refused to wear the bracelet so the very patient CM tied it on the back of her costume. :-)

2) We got into the resort right at 4PM , did a few rides, and visited Jamboree Ranch before heading over to Toon Town at 6 for the PreParty ( 5PM - 7PM) The treat trails had long lines as well, but moved at a good pace. It was a lot of fun to trick or treat through Mickey and Minnie's as well as Donald's home. The Character M&G lines were insane so we skipped them. I was a bit bummed about that.

3) The next couple of hours we did a few more rides, everything was pretty much a walk, which was awesome!

4) The bad, we got stuck in grid lock of foot traffic through Main Street, DD went into full on meltdown, which caused my DM to have a panic attack because we were stuck! It was 45 minutes before the firework show and people were already staking out viewing spots! It always amazes me how rabid the firework fans are.... We used this time to ride HM, POTC and Trick or Treat near Rivers of America. Watching the fireworks from New Orleans Square with the fog gave it a cool creepy vibe away from the crowds, IMO a great alternative away from the hub.

5) A lot of people left after the fireworks around 10PM. We rode Dumbo and the Tea Cups , 1030ish we bought churros, popcorn and a Mickey pretzel and easily found a place to sit in the IASW Mall area, watched the pumpkin projections on to the IASW facade while waiting for the cavalcade to pass through . (I think next time we skip the cavalcade)

6) We made our way back to the villains area on Main St. in hopes we could catch them before 11PM, but sadly they were already gone. During the 7 hours we were there we did not take a single photo at a M&G :-(

I feel there are too many people for an exclusive event, I am willing to pay double for Party Tickets for half the crowds. DH was a bit jealous this was a girls only trip so we may do another party at the end of the month.

MHPWitches_zps044ed4e7.jpg

4) The bad, we got stuck in grid lock of foot traffic through Main Street, DD went into full on meltdown, which caused my DM to have a panic attack because we were stuck! It was 45 minutes before the firework show and people were already staking out viewing spots! It always amazes me how rabid the firework fans are.... We used this time to ride HM, POTC and Trick or Treat near Rivers of America. Watching the fireworks from New Orleans Square with the fog gave it a cool creepy vibe away from the crowds, IMO a great alternative away from the hub.

Are there still projections that go with the fireworks at the Rivers of America?

I've also heard there are projections on Its A Small World during the fireworks...are they still doing this and is it easy to get a spot in front of IASW during the fireworks (I don't want to spend 45 minutes waiting in front of the castle)? Do they still do the ISAW projections even after the ride closes for the Christmas overlay refurbishment?

Are there still projections that go with the fireworks at the Rivers of America?

I've also heard there are projections on Its A Small World during the fireworks...are they still doing this and is it easy to get a spot in front of IASW during the fireworks (I don't want to spend 45 minutes waiting in front of the castle)? Do they still do the ISAW projections even after the ride closes for the Christmas overlay refurbishment?

I did not see the projection, but it does not mean it did not happen. I did see the lights and could hear the sound track too, it was actually very pretty, shortly after the Cadaver Dans floated out which was cool.

Here are some picture I took using my iPhone, sorry for the low quality

537da865c7598dd6ce0932ebc82a660e_zps6d3cb32e.jpg

b345a2a4fc4b816575e39df12d0510fc_zps3aed689d.jpg

I am curious as well about the Christmas projection on IASW during the fireworks show, I know this area is much more easier to navigate holds a large crowd well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter