• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline --

The Carnival is open every day, all season long (until Halloween Time ends on 10/31), and is not a party-exclusive.

Did you see all of the Carnival pictures that I posted here a couple of weeks ago (from 9/13), as well as the ones that Bret/mvf-m11c posted (from 9/14)? I think that Pinup Mommy also posted some. If you didn't see them, I can find the links to those posts for you.

Yes I did see the pictures, looks like so much fun!!! Thanks for posting them. I think our battle plan is to arrive at 4, go to the carnival, have dinner reservations at 6 for BTR and by the time we are done, it should be party time!! If we get done with dinner early, we can head over to the preparty at Toontown.

Caroline

The parties are starting to sell out. I just checked and the following dates say sold out now...

Oct 4th
Oct 8th
Oct 11th
Oct 18th
Oct 25th

I can say that wasn't the case for the "Pirate Pals" Tuesday night. One CM "in the know" had told me characters wouldn't be at the Frontierland dock until a half-hour or an hour after the party start. The actual time was probably closer to the latter. Note: Peter Pan characters rotate with Jack Sparrow, but only Smee and Mr. Hook were present this time.

Smee??? I had no idea Smee was a possible character.... I only heard of Hook, Wendy and Peter before. :cool1:

Mmm had my first "real" (non homemade healthy version) pumpkin spice latte of the season! I've been doing really well eating healthy and working out, you guys I've gone from a size 14-16 to a 6-8! :goodvibes

I also found pumpkin spice M&Ms - yummy! They remind me of thanksgiving (or a cinnamon candle, sans wax lol) and are definitley pumpkin spice rather than just pumpkin flavor! So, yeah the M&Ms and latte are my little treats for my finally breaking my weightloss plateau :cheer2:

Honestly though my homemade latte is just as good as the Starbucks to me.

Anhoo, do you guys suppose the party will be particularly crowded on Halloween? It's on a Thursday so, I'm hoping it's just no more than the typical weekend crowd level. Maybe even weekday crowd level if we're lucky?

Mmm had my first "real" (non homemade healthy version) pumpkin spice latte of the season! I've been doing really well eating healthy and working out, you guys I've gone from a size 14-16 to a 6-8! :goodvibes

Anhoo, do you guys suppose the party will be particularly crowded on Halloween? It's on a Thursday so, I'm hoping it's just no more than the typical weekend crowd level. Maybe even weekday crowd level if we're lucky?

I can't really help with your questions as I have never been on Halloween but I would imagine that it will be sold out since it is Halloween.

I just want to say congratulations on the weight loss!!!! That is amazing! :cool1:

So we are going October 18, Friday. Party starts at 7 that night.

Knowing Jack Sparrow and Darth Vadar are top of our list what time schedule would you put together for us to eat at the Blue Bayou before the party? So is Captain Jack there only during the party or will he be out earlier in the day too?

BLue Bayou 3:30 or even earlier - get wristbands before or after?

5:30 Train from New Orleans to Toon Town (will it be close because of the parade? is there a regular parade before park closes?

Toon Town 6-6:45

6:45 Line up for Jack Sparrow (IS THERE A TIMES GUIDE FOR CHARACTER APPEARANCE?) it would be great to stay long enough to catch Captain jack and then Peter Pan or whoever the second set is as well. So how long will that take roughly?

Then head over to Tomorrowland to see Darth Vadar?

Cavalcade 8:15

Fire words 9:30

ride and play until midnight?

I really am hoping we get to do more than this... like see more characters. But this is top priority I guess.

OH - WRIST BANDS? What time and where do I schedule that in? We will already be at Disneyland.

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere but I don't recall. People talk about the lines outside the gates. I'm guessing those people are only coming in for the event and don't already have a day ticket?

We'll be there that day and then will walk back to hotel and change. I'm guessing it's ok to be there early in costume? And we can just go back in with re-entry right?

Is there a "too early" time to go in costume? I'm guessing we wouldn't be back until 6ish.

Thx

Sherry,

Did you figure out which day you are going yet?

So we are going October 18, Friday. Party starts at 7 that night.

Knowing Jack Sparrow and Darth Vadar are top of our list what time schedule would you put together for us to eat at the Blue Bayou before the party? So is Captain Jack there only during the party or will he be out earlier in the day too?

BLue Bayou 3:30 or even earlier - get wristbands before or after?

5:30 Train from New Orleans to Toon Town (will it be close because of the parade? is there a regular parade before park closes?

Toon Town 6-6:45

6:45 Line up for Jack Sparrow (IS THERE A TIMES GUIDE FOR CHARACTER APPEARANCE?) it would be great to stay long enough to catch Captain jack and then Peter Pan or whoever the second set is as well. So how long will that take roughly?

Then head over to Tomorrowland to see Darth Vadar?

Cavalcade 8:30

Fire words 9:30

ride and play until midnight?

I really am hoping we get to do more than this... like see more characters. But this is top priority I guess.

OH - WRIST BANDS? What time and where do I schedule that in? We will already be at Disneyland.

I would eat at Blue Bayou around 4:30 to 5. If you eat too early, you may get hungry for more than just a yummy treat before the night is over. That should still give you some time to catch the tail end of the pre event in toontown. If you have multiple high priority characters, I would study the character map (I have only seen one for WDW thus far or I would post a link).

You do not want to get in line at 6:45 or earlier only to find out that line is for a character that comes out much later. There are conflicting reports already on times, so I would want to be sure before committing to anything. That way, you can get in the line that opens the soonest before 7pm and be out and onto the next one very shortly thereafter.

You can get wristbands any time after 4pm. If your Blue Bayou meal starts after 4pm, I would get your wristbands before dinner.

The cavalcade starts at 8:15 or 10:30, so I did not want you to think 8:30 was the start time.

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere but I don't recall. People talk about the lines outside the gates. I'm guessing those people are only coming in for the event and don't already have a day ticket?

We'll be there that day and then will walk back to hotel and change. I'm guessing it's ok to be there early in costume? And we can just go back in with re-entry right?

Is there a "too early" time to go in costume? I'm guessing we wouldn't be back until 6ish.

Thx

There are a number of different reasons people not attending the party may enter the park from 4-7. They could be annual passholders, who can enter whenever they want. They could have also left the park for a break or meal and are returning for the last few hours. People could be hopping from DCA. They could be entering for the first time that day on a day ticket, because they are unaware of the party, do not mind spending the money for just a few hours or were gifted the tickets, so they do not care how they are used. My point is there will be guests not attending the party entering until just about 7pm. Therefore, there will be two separate lines. Anyone who enters through the Halloween party line after 4pm, can get their wristbands and move along.

You would classify as a day guest who also has party tickets. If you leave the park and re-enter after 4pm (or 3 pm if it is a weekday), they will give you wristbands as long as you present your party tickets. Should you choose to re-enter before 3 or 4, you can get your wristbands inside the park later. They have stations set up for this. People do arrive in costume early, so you will not stand out if you choose to. Everyone will know you are there early to party. The only way I see an issue with an early arrival is if you are at park opening (8-10am) in a costume. Even then, I cannot say for sure you'd be stopped.

I have to say, I wish they would flush the parks. For the WDW Christmas hard ticketed events they literally forms lines of CM's and walk from the corners of the park out, checking wristbands. you can't go into any store, restaurant or even bathrooms. It's frustrating when you're the one who has to leave, but it would help limit the crowd.

Thank you for all your imput.

I will also add that this thread would be great if the first few posts were regularly updated with this years information. When I first checked these threads they left me confused because the first few posts are from 2012 and I just didn't want any old information in my head fouling me up.

I dislike having to have a 'tour plan' at the parks because we go to often and usually off season that we don't have to be so specific. But I feel like having direction for the Halloween Party will be better than not. Also since DS is now 12 I think we can make it until midnight. I hope those last few hours are a lot of fun after people have cleared out.

hello, this is my very first post, been to disneyland around 5 times, but this is going to be my very first halloween party, oct 23, super excited, and i also have a couple of questions about the party.
i'm planning on getting in the park at 3:00pm and i would like to eat at the big thunder ranch barbecue, is it going to be open before the party? since there are going to be some meet and greets there
also, during the party, is the pixie hollow open? or are the fairies somewhere else? or should i try to meet them before the party starts, i just don't know if i have time.
thanks!!!!

10054775816_fbf6408381_c.jpg
[/url]
Warlock & Witches of Toontown by perlster, on Flickr

LOVE your costumes! Did you make them?

hello, this is my very first post, been to disneyland around 5 times, but this is going to be my very first halloween party, oct 23, super excited, and i also have a couple of questions about the party.
i'm planning on getting in the park at 3:00pm and i would like to eat at the big thunder ranch barbecue, is it going to be open before the party? since there are going to be some meet and greets there
also, during the party, is the pixie hollow open? or are the fairies somewhere else? or should i try to meet them before the party starts, i just don't know if i have time.
thanks!!!!

I can't help with party questions but welome to DIS!!

The cavalcade starts at 8:15 or 10:30, so I did not want you to think 8:30 was the start time.

The correct times have already been posted from the map (which is the one and only guide you will get) + route from the "highly reliable source"

8:30 PM it's a small world to Town Square
10:30 PM Town Square to it's a small world

There is no official printed information available to the public that states exactly when a particular character will appear (except for the dance party). Other than checking the various locations throughout the evening, you can ask a CM - particularly a character host - who may have a list with detailed information about meet 'n greets.

As has been reported earlier, the Princesses appear in the Royal Theatre. Nothing official has been released about which ones, but on Tuesday night, the two alternating groups were: [Cinderella, Pocahontas, Rapunzel] and [Belle, Snow White, Tiana] If you are concerned about meeting a particular group, ask a character host, who can at least give you a "probably" on who will be there when you get through the line. There's definitely luck involved. One mother left with her daughter after waiting for some time because she learned that the group they had not yet seen would be leaving momentarily.

Re: Pixe Hollow - I did not actually enter it during the party, but from looking at the map, it appears to be the site of a trick or treat trail. The fairies do not appear (outside of Tinker Bell in a parade) anywhere else at Disneyland. Generally, the fairies leave Pixie Hollow in the afternoon.

LOVE your costumes! Did you make them?

Well, they do appear to be within the guidelines, but ...

thanks!!!!

We are going to eat at BTR next Friday before MHP. I think they are taking reservations until about an hour before the party starts.

Caroline

thanks!!!!

We are going to the MHP on Tuesday and I have a reservation at Big Thunder BBQ for before the party begins...So yes, if can eat there.

I have to say, I wish they would flush the parks. For the WDW Christmas hard ticketed events they literally forms lines of CM's and walk from the corners of the park out, checking wristbands. you can't go into any store, restaurant or even bathrooms. It's frustrating when you're the one who has to leave, but it would help limit the crowd.

Thank you for all your imput.

I will also add that this thread would be great if the first few posts were regularly updated with this years information. When I first checked these threads they left me confused because the first few posts are from 2012 and I just didn't want any old information in my head fouling me up.

I dislike having to have a 'tour plan' at the parks because we go to often and usually off season that we don't have to be so specific. But I feel like having direction for the Halloween Party will be better than not. Also since DS is now 12 I think we can make it until midnight. I hope those last few hours are a lot of fun after people have cleared out.

Amommy21 --

Thank you for your suggestion. The thread is already great, though!;):thumbsup2 (Look at the number of views of the thread -- we're cookin'!)

The very first post of the thread was updated this year (you can see the last date I added anything to it at the very bottom of that post). The other information -- like the post for for the MHP this year -- was updated this year, when the dates first came out. And in another post I clearly indicated "info which may be applicable to 2013," or some such wording, because, quite frankly, a lot of info doesn't change that much from year to year. (ETA: I just deleted any and all info that could be confusing from the General Info post on page 1.) Plus, sometimes there won't necessarily be info for certain things released each year (like lists of treats for example).

Here's the thing -- and I say this because I pay very close attention to the flow, patterns and pacing of threads, especially my Halloween and Christmas threads, so I know what I'm talking about! -- the Halloween threads move at a much faster pace than the Christmas threads. After a certain number of pages, as the thread grows and grows (and this thread was around last year too), most people stop looking at the first page. So I don't go to too much trouble to revamp the first page when I know people are not paying much attention to it. In fact, often times I will post things here in the thread -- answers to questions or comments -- and people don't even see them.

Now in the Christmas thread -- because I started a brand new one at the end of last year -- I could set it up exactly the way I wanted to set it up, and the first page of that thread has different posts and sections for everything. Because that new thread was in its infancy, people were still paying attention, but now, as it grows and gets longer, people stop looking at the first page. It's the natural inclination to just bypass the first pages of a thread if it is long and jump into the discussion at the end.

When I start a brand new Halloween thread (I wanted to get through this season before doing that), it will be set up like the first page of the Christmas thread but it takes a lot of time to put all of that together the right way -- and it's time that is probably not reasonable to take when this current old thread will end soon.

The important thing at the moment is to provide a place for people to discuss the Halloween Time season, and ask and answer questions, and learn information. And we have all been doing that.

Well ... let's try door #3.
Here's how it happened Tuesday.
People began lining up at gates toward the right even before the signs had been flipped to "Special Event". No one would say exactly which turnstiles would be open, but there tended to be one line for each pair of turnstiles. Maps were at the turnstiles. E-tickets were exchanged for paper tickets. Wristbands were put on at that time. Entry was (shocka!) about 3 minutes late. Bags were obtained from the tables mentioned previously.

lol, how "Clue" of you!:rotfl2: Thanks for the current info;) You're pictures are a welcome site, too. If you have anymore of your ToonTown adventures, I'd love to see them (or any of your Halloween party adventures for that matter).

Can't wait to go on the 28th (friends and I waited too long and the 25th was sold out). It'll be my first time in disneyland during Halloween and MHP. So excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter