Halloween party question

Hi everyone,

We are thinking about going to Mickey's Halloween Party this October for the first time and I had a couple of questions:

1. I saw that it is generally around July when tickets go on sale - when does the announcement get made regarding when tickets will go on sale and how difficult is it to get tickets (this would be for a monday night if still M, W or Tuesday night if T, R)?

2. Are all rides open during the halloween party?

Thanks so much!

Usually they make some kind of announcement about Halloween 4-6 weeks before the tickets go on sale. If they stick with the same number of parties as last year, they will likely all sell out. In past years most of the parties were sold out by the end of September, with the later parties in October selling out first. Last year there were several that were sold out in August. If you have a firm date, it's best to buy tickets to your preferred party ASAP once they go on sale.

I agree with what the previous poster said regarding purchasing your party tickets as soon as they go on sale. I do recall all rides being open during the Halloween party with the exception of any ride closures due to technical issues, naturally.

Thanks so much for the information!

Another question - you don't have to purchase a regular admission ticket for that day, we can just go to the Halloween party, right?

Thanks so much for the information!

Another question - you don't have to purchase a regular admission ticket for that day, we can just go to the Halloween party, right?
I know they start letting you at 3pm, if you are doing the Halloween party. So if you do not want to go parks earlier , then you do not need one.

I know they start letting you at 3pm, if you are doing the Halloween party. So if you do not want to go parks earlier , then you do not need one.

This is right! You can get in earlier, so you can sleep in, have a late breakfast in DTD, take in a movie, shop a bit in DTD, play in the pool, have a lot of fun until 3pm on Monday and Wednesday, the Friday parties early entry starts at 4pm. I am not sure about when there is a party on Saturday. I think since DL is open later on Saturday, it would be 4pm too.

It's 3 hours before the party. So for a 6pm party it's 3pm and for a 7pm party it's 4pm. Any ride that would normally close for fireworks will close for the Halloween party fireworks. I don't think Toontown reopens after the fireworks, but in the past they have had the pre-party.

1. I saw that it is generally around July when tickets go on sale - when does the announcement get made regarding when tickets will go on sale and how difficult is it to get tickets (this would be for a monday night if still M, W or Tuesday night if T, R)?
As the PP have said, most of the parties have eventually sold out, but (historically) they haven't sold out immediately after the tickets are released. Last year, the tickets were released in mid-to-end of July (depending on whether you had access to the pre-sale) and the first party sold out in late-August. So, while I don't think you have to buy tickets on the first day they're put on sale, I wouldn't wait for too long just in case.

2. Are all rides open during the halloween party?
For the most part, yes, the attractions are open, but a few do close. Things can change from year to year, but last year it looks like the Tiki Birds, Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk Through, Path of the Jedi, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, the monorail, and Toontown (as mentioned, it closed after the pre-party ended) were not available during the party. Also, not all of the TS and QS locations remain open for the entire party time. Last year Rancho del Zocolo, Golden Horseshoe, and Pinocchio Village Haus were all used as treat trails, so they did not serve food during the party.

Last year, the pre-sale included DLR Annual Passholders, Disney Visa Card holders, and DVC members. If I remember correctly, DVC and Visa Card holders had to purchase their tickets via the phone during the pre-sale, while AP holders were able to purchase tickets online.

One thing - Don't go the week of UEA (Utah Education Association, mid-October). Being from Utah, we have attended the Halloween Party twice in '12 and '14. It wasn't too crowded in '12, but in '14, it was shoulder-to-shoulder, chest-to-back for the fireworks. I won't be making that mistake again.

One thing - Don't go the week of UEA (Utah Education Association, mid-October). Being from Utah, we have attended the Halloween Party twice in '12 and '14. It wasn't too crowded in '12, but in '14, it was shoulder-to-shoulder, chest-to-back for the fireworks. I won't be making that mistake again.

Do you know what week that might be this fall? We are looking at Oct. 23 and 24 (a Monday and Tuesday).

Thanks!

Who has pre-sale access? AP's? DVC? What?

Thanks!

One thing to note about Disney Visa and DVC phone presages is that while you do get a small discount and can buy them a little early you can't do etickets and then you have to pay for mailing so you basically lose the discount. It's not a huge discount but it strikes me as a little shifty to offer a discount and then in the same breath require a fee that negates the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter